English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 August 2023, 06:03   #41
BooBoo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It's a mixture of Pokémon and F.O.M.O., I know I have a problem, but still.....
Yeah i know what you mean. Every time i see a TOSEC update, i am there but to tell you the truth, these have just sat on a hard drive for more than 10 years and i have never had the need for them cause when ever i do need something for my Amiga or for WinUAE, i automatically jump online and do a Google search or visit Amiga pages on the web. I dont even realize i have this software on hand. Collecting these rom collections and doing nothing with them is like what a lot of us do with Amiga's and other retro hardware. We collect, store them away and dont use them for decades at a time. Well i am now on the hunt over at archive.org to see what i can find. LOL
Old 07 August 2023, 09:37   #42
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo02 View Post
Yeah i know what you mean. Every time i see a TOSEC update, i am there but to tell you the truth, these have just sat on a hard drive for more than 10 years and i have never had the need for them cause when ever i do need something for my Amiga or for WinUAE, i automatically jump online and do a Google search or visit Amiga pages on the web. I dont even realize i have this software on hand. Collecting these rom collections and doing nothing with them is like what a lot of us do with Amiga's and other retro hardware. We collect, store them away and dont use them for decades at a time. Well i am now on the hunt over at archive.org to see what i can find. LOL
That's why I got rid of my 'OMG! SUPER-RARE! NEED HAVE NOW!' collections a few years ago Turran's server is pretty much all you need when you need something. But I do get why the 'Gonna catch 'em all' is still strong in a lot of retrogamers
Old 07 August 2023, 13:38   #43
btp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
For Amiga, check out:

/TOSEC Updates/2023-07
Many thanks!