English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 29 October 2018, 18:47   #1
jarre

disk-it

looking for a util called disk-it, i only found the intro from the disk, but not the util itself.

disk-it was made to allocate whatever track on a disk and write a file in the root, so we all cheap bastards have read / write erros on track 02 and 77 and 78, just allocate those tracks and you got a 100% disk again (minus bad tracks), still not usable for a diskcopy, but filemaster could write alot on it,and after finisching the disk, you still could make copies without r/w errors in the loading files. also if you made a compact disk with a menu more than the bootblock, just allocate track zero, and you wehre for sure the boot intro was never over written..so a very nice and handy util

Or someone knows how to prevent files written to disk, don't write on track zero...

Last edited by jarre; 01 November 2018 at 13:05.
Old 01 November 2018, 09:14   #2
jarre

disk-it

found it in the BS1 collection in BS1 part 34.zip....wrong...

after checking this is another util than the one i wanted. The one i'm looking for wad written by team norway.....

Last edited by jarre; 01 November 2018 at 13:03.
Old 01 November 2018, 17:21   #3
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post

after checking this is another util than the one i wanted. The one i'm looking for wad written by team norway.....

are you sure?
...by Geir Drangsland
and Olav Sylthe

both sounds norwegian.
Old 01 November 2018, 18:44   #4
jarre

yes but it was a screen where you could choose 1 or more tracks, then ok and the program was writing a file on disk, which was allocating the tracks you selected. So you could use this for say read/write errors, or just to be sure some tracks (like track zero) was not used while copying other files to the disk. and track zero could be used for a boot intro or selector. So maybe this is a later version, but the one i had was just for the above function.
Old 17 January 2019, 19:47   #5
wizard1

Disk-It

Hi There,
I have a copy of thee disk your looking for, has the intro screen, but also the programme.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
yes but it was a screen where you could choose 1 or more tracks, then ok and the program was writing a file on disk, which was allocating the tracks you selected. So you could use this for say read/write errors, or just to be sure some tracks (like track zero) was not used while copying other files to the disk. and track zero could be used for a boot intro or selector. So maybe this is a later version, but the one i had was just for the above function.
Old 04 April 2019, 18:39   #6
wizard1

posted a copy in the Zone