English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 12 January 2012, 17:31   #21
frikilokooo

where can I download the WHDLoad version please?
Old 13 January 2012, 14:05   #22
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
where can I download the WHDLoad version please?
From the Wanted Team page.
Old 13 January 2012, 17:30   #23
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
From the Wanted Team page.
Thank you! I have an error when installing the game but it works,is this normal?
Old 13 January 2012, 18:34   #24
nujack
Zone Friend

Great!!!
Thank you very much for that new version Don_Adan.
I changed the slave only and had no error so far. BTW now I'm in level 6 so there are more levels available and not only 4 like described on the AGTW-page. Interesting ...
Old 16 January 2012, 14:54   #25
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
Thank you! I have an error when installing the game but it works,is this normal?
I don't know which error occured on your config, for me this install works "as is".
Old 16 January 2012, 15:21   #26
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

I also got an error when I installed from ipf (CAPSimg.dll 4.2 and floppy speed @ 100%).
However I just used the files available at WT site instead and they work great.
Old 22 January 2012, 21:33   #27
nujack
Zone Friend

@Don_Adan: There seems to be problem in level 7 (Mars). When you come to this level there are some freezes and you can't reach the exit to level 8. Attached is a picture from that area where the freeze appears on my machine(A4000/060).
I also had an access-fault in level 4(only one time). I have added the dump.
It's really great to play this game after such a long time on my miggy. Sad that it was never reased. Only one level, sound and intro/extro is missing. Maybe another version will appear some day.

@CoddyJarrett: The description at "Amiga Games that weren't" should be changed. There are more then the first 4 Levels playable now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nobby.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	30400  
Attached Files
File Type: lha AccessFault.lha (223.3 KB, 279 views)
Old 23 January 2012, 08:39   #28
mombasajoe

I am actually working on another CD32 games collection CD. Is it possible to remove Nobby´s manual copy protection? It would be great to be able to play this game without a keyboard.
Old 23 January 2012, 14:43   #29
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
@Don_Adan: There seems to be problem in level 7 (Mars). When you come to this level there are some freezes and you can't reach the exit to level 8. Attached is a picture from that area where the freeze appears on my machine(A4000/060).
I also had an access-fault in level 4(only one time). I have added the dump.
It's really great to play this game after such a long time on my miggy. Sad that it was never reased. Only one level, sound and intro/extro is missing. Maybe another version will appear some day.

@CoddyJarrett: The description at "Amiga Games that weren't" should be changed. There are more then the first 4 Levels playable now.
This game version has no code support for level8.data, maybe level7.data support code is unfinished too, access fault can be fixed, I will check it someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasajoe View Post
I am actually working on another CD32 games collection CD. Is it possible to remove Nobby´s manual copy protection? It would be great to be able to play this game without a keyboard.
This is possible.

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 23 January 2012 at 14:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Old 29 January 2012, 16:18   #30
Don_Adan

Next version is available on the WT page.
Fixed access-fault in level 4. Keyboard (enter) is still necessary to pass protection, I don't change this due game uses keyboard for choose language too.
Old 30 January 2012, 09:00   #31
mombasajoe

Keyboard:Ok. But thank you very, very much for the latest improvement an the install at all
Old 30 January 2012, 20:34   #32
nujack
Zone Friend

Thank you for the update Don_Adan. Works fine here, but I still get the freezes in Mars-level (level 6) and can't finish that level.
@mombasajoe: Can you finish level 6 without problems?
Old 30 January 2012, 21:05   #33
mombasajoe

I even didn´t manage to finish level 1
Old 31 January 2012, 14:30   #34
Don_Adan

Quote:
Thank you for the update Don_Adan. Works fine here, but I still get the freezes in Mars-level (level 6) and can't finish that level.
@mombasajoe: Can you finish level 6 without problems?
Mars level has invisible enemies, try to kill enemy or jump over her.
Old 31 January 2012, 18:51   #35
nujack
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Mars level has invisible enemies, try to kill enemy or jump over her.
I haven't seen such enemies yet but thank you for that information.
My problem is that everytime I play in Level 6(Mars Level) the player stops moving(like a freeze) and I can't finish that level. The joystick-control doesn't work any longer and I must quit the game via WHDLoad-Quitkey. The problem appaers when you reach the lower ground and move from right to left but it's not the same position every time. So I'm not able to reach the next level.
Maybe it's a problem of my config(060/latest WHDLoad) but I tried NoCache-option without success.
BTW only the player-sprite stops working, all the enemies and life-counter still works. Maybe I'll try it out on WinUAE sometimes.
Old 01 February 2012, 15:12   #36
Don_Adan

Quote:
I haven't seen such enemies yet but thank you for that information.
My problem is that everytime I play in Level 6(Mars Level) the player stops moving(like a freeze) and I can't finish that level. The joystick-control doesn't work any longer and I must quit the game via WHDLoad-Quitkey. The problem appaers when you reach the lower ground and move from right to left but it's not the same position every time. So I'm not able to reach the next level.
Maybe it's a problem of my config(060/latest WHDLoad) but I tried NoCache-option without success.
BTW only the player-sprite stops working, all the enemies and life-counter still works. Maybe I'll try it out on WinUAE sometimes.
Perhaps invisible enemies trapped Nobby. Try to shoot before move to left or jump or wait a few secs, before move.
Old 02 February 2012, 23:29   #37
amigoun

Would it be possible to make the Nobby slave accept the uncompressed files? I wanted to make my personal translation of some ingame texts to my native language (just for fun), but I realized, that the loader does not accept the uncompressed files, even though I only change a byte in the packed main exe it stops loading.
Old 03 February 2012, 13:48   #38
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
Would it be possible to make the Nobby slave accept the uncompressed files? I wanted to make my personal translation of some ingame texts to my native language (just for fun), but I realized, that the loader does not accept the uncompressed files, even though I only change a byte in the packed main exe it stops loading.
Game uses CRC for every loaded file. You must edit "Dir" file too and set new file CRC. CRC is simple routine which sumed all bytes. New main exe file must be packed with PowerPacker. Perhaps size of new exe file (if it's different) must be set in "Dir" file too.
Old 03 February 2012, 21:42   #39
amigoun

Thanks for the tip. With the help of GetCRC utility I have found the CRC for the main exe - it is the Sum Byte Unsigned. Managed to change few letters, repacked file, changed checksum and it worked. But only if the packed filesize remains the same.
Unfortunatelly the built in filesize check I was not yet be able to recognize and change.
Old 06 February 2012, 15:55   #40
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
Thanks for the tip. With the help of GetCRC utility I have found the CRC for the main exe - it is the Sum Byte Unsigned. Managed to change few letters, repacked file, changed checksum and it worked. But only if the packed filesize remains the same.
Unfortunatelly the built in filesize check I was not yet be able to recognize and change.
This game uses load address and end address for every file, you must change end address (inside "Dir" file) for support different file size. Try WHDload's FileLog option to find start address.