English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 August 2018, 15:14   #121
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
I mean, what else would you want Win95 for, other than installing old WinUAE 0.8 or thereabouts?
To run WinUAE 0.8, in Win95 on a bridgeboard in current WinUAE on Windows 10
Like the dog that wants to bite its tail
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 August 2018, 15:15   #122
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
One missing feature that I'd like to do: Cirrus Logic GD542x/5446 SVGA support, Windows and DOS via VBE BIOS.

Toni, if the Cirrus Logic GD542x/5446 SVGA support is ready, can I use the same ROM which PCem used?

Cirrus Logic GD-5429
1-2MB VRAM.

ROM files needed:
5429.vbi
Old 13 August 2018, 16:01   #123
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
Hi Tony,
with this beta version when use x86 video card, select monitor 2, don't start second windows with x86 screen.

If use ufficial winuae function.
Thanks.
Remove all useless expansions first (one by one to confirm if they cause any problems). Far too many unknown variables. (Blizzard 2060 and KS 1.3?!)

Also your config adds features that are not in last official version so it isn't exactly same anymore.
Old 13 August 2018, 16:13   #124
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Just for clarification, was the issue where there has to be a Z2 board init prior to BB with PC speaker enabled resolved, or is this still a required workaround? I still have to have a Z2 board (RAM or HD or something) above BB in autoconfig list for BB to work properly with PC speaker enabled.
This is now fixed. (I was only partially fixed previously)

Quote:
Are you interested in looking at test case involving Janus 2.0 SW? I can open PC Mono window when I boot my HD image, but PC Color window silently freezes. If I boot from PC Install floppy, both PC Mono and PC Color work fine. I duplicated this behavior in most recent stable WinUAE 4.0.1.
graphics.library starts blit that clears all exception and interrupt vectors. Something got corrupted somewhere most likely, very difficult to debug. Could be config specific Janus bug too.
Old 13 August 2018, 16:40   #125
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
Toni, if the Cirrus Logic GD542x/5446 SVGA support is ready, can I use the same ROM which PCem used?

Cirrus Logic GD-5429
1-2MB VRAM.

ROM files needed:
5429.vbi
It probably already work. I don't think those have VBE support (which would need hardware support for linear frame buffer memory mapping). It would be nice to find "generic" Cirrus Logic compatible BIOS that includes VBE 2.0.

I guess I need to add some options to select VRAM size/chipset model because emulation supports up to 5446 (which is used in Picasso IV).
Old 13 August 2018, 18:22   #126
Zilog

Help from all for x86 Vga,
the amiga 2000 don't have a ide/scsi controller.

How controller ide/scsi (zorro 2) of person function x86 Vga, use in your configuration?

(Not xt-ide for x86 brigeboard) but zorro 2 in amiga 2000.

Thanks a lot.
Old 13 August 2018, 18:56   #127
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Help from all for x86 Vga,
the amiga 2000 don't have a ide/scsi controller.

How controller ide/scsi (zorro 2) of person function x86 Vga, use in your configuration?

(Not xt-ide for x86 brigeboard) but zorro 2 in amiga 2000.

Thanks a lot.
I don't understand at all. What does Amiga IDE or SCSI controllers have to do with PC VGA? (Also, I don't think this question have anything to do with emulation..)
Old 13 August 2018, 19:19   #128
Zilog

Quote:
I don't understand at all. What does Amiga IDE or SCSI controllers have to do with PC VGA? (Also, I don't think this question have anything to do with emulation..)
Previously you suggested me of delete all expansion, maybe do a problem.

I have delete all, but if i want use at hdd in amiga 2000 i need a controller ide/scsi.

For not have a problem, i request at one model of controller ide/scsi already used in a function configuration from other people.
Old 13 August 2018, 19:25   #129
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Use UAE controller like 99.99999% of UAE users do. (I am still not sure why would you not use UAE controller? It was the only possibility for many years and it still is the default..)
Old 13 August 2018, 19:36   #130
Zilog

Quote:
Use UAE controller like 99.99999% of UAE users do. (I am still not sure why would you not use UAE controller? It was the only possibility for many years and it still is the default..)
Ok....in effect is simple solution
..for habit...beacause i 'am "sentimentally" attacked to original hardware.......i like used a original hardware.

Now i have understand, for beta test i use uae controller.
Thanks for yout patience.
Old 13 August 2018, 21:30   #131
superfrog

Quote:
This is now fixed. (I was only partially fixed previously)

Seems to be working now. Thanks!
Old 13 August 2018, 21:32   #132
superfrog

Quote:
graphics.library starts blit that clears all exception and interrupt vectors. Something got corrupted somewhere most likely, very difficult to debug. Could be config specific Janus bug too.

Okay interesting to know. Thanks for checking. If you don't want to waste more time to debug, I won't waste more time to test
Old 13 August 2018, 21:44   #133
superfrog

Quote:
Ok....in effect is simple solution
..for habit...beacause i 'am "sentimentally" attacked to original hardware.......i like used a original hardware.

Now i have understand, for beta test i use uae controller.
Thanks for yout patience.

If you really want to use only original hardware, you can use A590/A2091 emulation. It is the most standard and supported non-UAE SCSI controller, and easiest and most well-documented to setup. You can grab ROMs from expansion_board_roms.zip in The Zone and install floppy images from http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/a2091

I already tested this as working with BB emulation in current Beta WinUAE.

IMPORTANT TIP: Be sure to change DMAC-01 to DMAC-02 in expansion board settings when you add A2091 card to your config or you will experience data corruption on your emulated HD in OS 2.0. Perhaps DMAC-02 should be GUI default to avoid this?

If you need more help than this to setup the A590/A2091, this is probably not the best thread to ask further questions though.
Old 13 August 2018, 22:06   #134
Zilog

Quote:
EDIT:

- Do not click Restart or load new config on the fly! Always quit and restart whole emulator!
- TODO: A2386SX shadow/ems mapping register support should be relatively easy to implement with PCem RAM mapping system.
This is my problem.
I'm Sorry Tony.
Old 13 August 2018, 22:39   #135
Zilog

Problem with keyboard.

In the second display the keyboard don't fuction.
I try also with end+f9 but nothing.

Thanks a lot.

(I re-download beta vesion now)
Old 13 August 2018, 22:43   #136
Zilog

Quote:
If you really want to use only original hardware, you can use A590/A2091 emulation........
..Very Thanks Superfrog for info; i test it when i resolve the problem with the keyboard
Old 13 August 2018, 22:49   #137
superfrog

Quote:
..Very Thanks Superfrog for info; i test it when i resolve the problem with the keyboard

To get keyboard to work in x86 VGA, you must open PC Mono or PC Color window, click mouse in window to make sure it is active, then press End+F9 to switch to VGA display. BB still depends on Mono or Color window being open for keyboard to work with VGA, even if you are not actually using mono or color display to use PC. This was true with real hardware as well. Just think of PC Window like window in any GUI OS; window must be active to receive keyboard input. VGA screen in emulator would just be a physical monitor in real life. It's confusing because your keyboard input goes into PC window on Amiga side, and you get output on VGA monitor on PC side. It's kinda wonky, but that's how it works.

It's completely non-obvious, and even I after years of using this stuff still forget from time to time.

Last edited by superfrog; 13 August 2018 at 22:58.
Old 14 August 2018, 01:46   #138
Zilog

Quote:
To get keyboard to work in x86 VGA, you must open PC Mono or PC Color window..............
Greeat!!! Thanks a lot...WORK!!!

Now post a little remember
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X86_486dx50.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	59264  
Old 14 August 2018, 09:02   #139
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
If you really want to use only original hardware, you can use A590/A2091 emulation. It is the most standard and supported non-UAE SCSI controller, and easiest and most well-documented to setup. You can grab ROMs from expansion_board_roms.zip in The Zone and install floppy images from http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/a2091
But the point is that I won't accept any reports until config is minimized and does not have anything that is not required. A590 or B2060: no difference, both are not needed and nothing to do with bridgeboards.
Old 14 August 2018, 10:51   #140
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Restart/config load may require too many pcem related changes and I'd like to keep changes as minimal as possible. PCem code unfortunately does not really have any kind of free resource functions..

About VBE: UNIVBE.EXE detects the chipset. Only remaining part is some DOS test program that uses VBE features, for example opens 800x600 256 color screen.