English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 April 2004, 19:17   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Your help needed ASAP

Right, as some of you know, I have been harping on about an aborted Slideshow project featuring work by Dark.

Well, shows how good my memory is, because it was actually Wade, not Dark!!

I had a MAJOR hard drive failure about 4 years ago, which is why the project never saw the light of day.

I recently took my knackered hard drive to a new friend who is rather more competant at all things hardware than me, and just to reinforce his credentials, he used to be a bit of an Amiga afficianado.

I gave him my hard drive in the forlorn hope he might be able to do something with it. Well, precisely yesterday, and after 3 days work, he has managed to recover 90% of all the work I thought I had lost, and one of these things is Innocence AGA, a demo slideshow that would have been released around 2000.

Now, it is entirely irrelevant to release it under the original group name of Faction (Friendship in Action) when they have been dead for years, so this is where everyone on here needs to contribute to make it an EAB production, or, quite possibly create a demo group name attached to EAB.

I have all the graphics, the layout is done, all the code is done, and it works on every AGA format I can think of (including A12oo 2meg chip and hard drive!). It is specifically AGA only, when you see some of Wades graphics, you will understand just how bloody good he is.

Its not a coding tour de force, because the demo was all about Wades graphics, not me showing off my coding skills.

I need the following for it to be released:

1). A piece of music (protracker/Digibooster/AHX)
2). EAB related graphics.

I've temporarily taken the http://eab.abime.net/images/eab.jpg image to add some connection to EAB, all other ideas and contributions would be appreciated.

My time is limited with regards Amiga projects because of my new line of work, and this demo has essentially been on the back boiler for nearly 5 years!

So, if you have some music already composed and would like a shot of actually having it used, then send it to me ASAP to galahadfairlight@yahoo.co.uk

No modules over 430K in length, otherwise the demo is going to have some serious issues working on lower end machines.

Any ideas, throw them over to me, but it would be cool to have this demo released by the end of May at the latest, its waited long enough. In the meantime, work on Grapevine will continue.
Old 19 April 2004, 11:12   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Hmmmmm

78 views, no opinions!
Old 19 April 2004, 14:42   #3
Drake1009

I think the reason there's no opinions would be because noone feels they have anything to contribute. I can't track music nor am I good at creating graphics, otherwise I'd have offered my assistance.
Old 19 April 2004, 15:31   #4
AmiGer

Well, you also didn't answer to my private message !
However I wish you all the best with the demo...
Old 19 April 2004, 16:15   #5
Peanutuk

Or maybe no one is particularly bothered in contributing. There do seem to be quite a few projects going at the moment and there are only so many able people as mentioned above.
Old 19 April 2004, 17:48   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally posted by Peanutuk
Or maybe no one is particularly bothered in contributing. There do seem to be quite a few projects going at the moment and there are only so many able people as mentioned above.
Yeah, keep those positive viewpoints coming
Old 19 April 2004, 18:10   #7
barkingboy
Zone Friend

Well I have no creative ability at all lol, but I hope that you find someone to contribute the music because I'd like to see this running.

Old 19 April 2004, 19:49   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Believe me...

it will be worth the wait...... just waiting for Akira to wake up, he's the resident tracker around here!
Old 19 April 2004, 19:58   #9
BippyM
Global Moderator

If I had just half an ounce of musical ability I would have loved to give it a go... but seeing as I am completely tone deaf... not a prayer...

Though I do wait with baited breath
Old 19 April 2004, 20:09   #10
Peanutuk

So... quite alot of people wanting it but not that many people able to contribute at the moment. I guess it is the start of the summer so asking people to get involved in such a project on top of so many other things is asking abit much. Maybe in the Autumn?

@Galahad: are you tired? You should take a rest
Old 19 April 2004, 20:13   #11
Bloodwych

Again, no joy from me in the music department.

As for EAB graphics and that banner you posted, I remember a thread from a while back where people posted loads of EAB banners. They were used on the site for a few months and I thought they were great, but then we went back to the normal one

Perhaps posting a request in that thread (wherever it may be, had a quick search couldn't find it) might get the attention of all the EAB graphics gurus.
Old 19 April 2004, 23:09   #12
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

Mister Galahad Sir, yes Sir... I've tracked a bit a few years ago and i would really love to see my music in some scene production... you can get my old xm (yes, i know... pc format... shoot me :P) here but i guess xm's are out of the question. I could try to soup up a tune this weekend i think (been ages since i tracked) but gimmi some inside to the theme/mood of the production pls.... Do i need to make a slow track... a smashing rock tune or a more gothic approach (and no.. i'm not your usual demostyle music tracker :P)... so there you go... my time is also limited since i'm finishing school which i do by working 40 hours a week... errmm... this is getting a bit long... so ta... your humble cheesehead... jrom.
Old 19 April 2004, 23:40   #13
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'll check them out...

This weekend.

As far as I know there is a utility that converts XM to Octamed module format, and if I can dig out a decent Octamed replayer, then I dont see any reason why not.

I'll check them out when I get home. Thanks.
Old 20 April 2004, 00:45   #14
FromWithin
Music lord

What style of music are you after?
Old 20 April 2004, 11:12   #15
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Not really fussed...

The reason its so hard to be specific is because Wade has about 8 different graphic styles, all with different themes, so its impossible to say that it should be a moody piece, or a europop piece.

If someone has a module that is good, then it will fit regardless.

The average time of the slideshow without user interaction is in excess of 9 minutes. Dont expect anyone to conjure up a 10 minute masterpiece, if necessary, I'll simply provide support for more than 1 module to give it variance, but its entirely down to whatever submissions I get.
Old 20 April 2004, 11:19   #16
BippyM
Global Moderator

Is it possible to select different musics? say with the FKeys?
Old 20 April 2004, 13:25   #17
Amiga1992

ALRIGHT how the fuck did I miss this very interesting post.

I'll send you an AHX track. I'll do my best at making one this week since I'm taking a wee vacation, so free time to do what I want.

I'll post it to you soonish. AHX format Oh I just wrote that. I'm fucking knackered. haven't slept today either. Arrrrr the vacation will do me good!
Old 20 April 2004, 14:04   #18
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@Galahad i do the odd graphics around here and for GV revival (which seems to have gone quite round here again )

If i can do anything for you gimmie a shout!

some of my stuff here past an present

http://www.planetvulcan.curvedspaces.com/
Old 21 April 2004, 11:26   #19
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Excellent

Some positive responses. As for the graphics request, thats cool, because depending on who else gets involved, would be good to include credits with all new names as I'm not too happy with the credits scroller as it is.

I'll check out the graphics this weekend.
Old 21 April 2004, 21:01   #20
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

here's a song for ya; http://www.philsykes.plus.com/sounds/med/rave2.med

taken from http://www.philsykes.plus.com/sounds/music.html any of the med files with * after them are available coz my mate wrote them, and I re-mixed 'em. I didn't say they're any good though.... might have a few more lying around the HD's...

Just noticed all but one is less than 100K, and I'm just playing them in WinAMP to remind myself what they sound like and I'd say threat.med sounds pretty damn good

Last edited by Syko; 21 April 2004 at 21:09.