English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 20 October 2005, 00:08   #61
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foody
No. No.

I would like to point to everyone now that music, graphics are not main concern. With honesty if you read what I wrote it will be all the explination you need. I need a well structured team, a team that ones this is complete go easily with it's well structured structure move to the next project and so on. Can this be done, if no well structure occures then all of this right now is a joke.
while you metodology is ok, you are the only one that knows what your game would be like and it's up to you to decide if it works or not, so as you had requested, i said that i would have provided my try at it; i cannot be concerned about the coding so far it doesn't put obstacles to my work, so i fail to see what's wrong in sending you some graphic of the tiles as i and zetr0 proposed?
if graphic, sound etc are secondary, on what do you need people work?
Old 20 October 2005, 02:34   #62
woody57

So in fact your game is CONNECT FIVE as opposed to Connect four !

If thats it , then you are making it VERY straight forward
Old 20 October 2005, 02:36   #63
foody

LOL I told you it is very simple project Yup. That is it.
Old 20 October 2005, 02:38   #64
foody

marco pedrana I am sorry if I sounded harsh to you, I do need graphics designer and musician as urgent as anything else. I just figured that musicians and graphics designers are easier to obtain verses programmers. Because with programmers they tend to quit (often) and I wanted to guarantee I make the Engine complete before requesting for musician and graphics designer, if you know anyone or Zerto and you wish to share me your skills by all means I will not refuse it You all guys are awesome and nice too, the whole team rocks and thanks for everything.
Old 20 October 2005, 02:38   #65
woody57

That guarentee's it can be done with co-operation between the team in a relatively short period

{UNDER SIX MONTHS }
Old 20 October 2005, 12:12   #66
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foody
marco pedrana I am sorry if I sounded harsh to you, I do need graphics designer and musician as urgent as anything else. I just figured that musicians and graphics designers are easier to obtain verses programmers. Because with programmers they tend to quit (often) and I wanted to guarantee I make the Engine complete before requesting for musician and graphics designer, if you know anyone or Zerto and you wish to share me your skills by all means I will not refuse it You all guys are awesome and nice too, the whole team rocks and thanks for everything.
hey Foody no offense taken and thanks for having clarify the point
Old 20 October 2005, 13:39   #67
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Why are you gonna volunteer your superb ASM services?
But if this is merely a simple puzzle game, then it should be available to all Amiga owners. Puzzle games typically are simple in their execution and look.
Old 20 October 2005, 13:56   #68
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Another Idea

I had this idea a while ago. Simple to code, graphics dont have to be fancy.

Objects move along the conveyor belts in the direction of the arrows.
When an object scrolls off the screen on Conveyor One, it appears on Conveyor Two.
When an object scrolls off the screen to the left on Conveyor Two it then appears on Conveyor Three.

Obviously the idea is to select the correct object, fire it up at the conveyor to make an object dissapear before it gets to the end.

what makes it a bit more challenging is that you might only need two objects to clear the level, but they are on Conveyor One, but you have objects on the other two conveyors getting in the way.
Old 20 October 2005, 15:25   #69
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

If its in anything other than ASM, count me out.

If its intended as Amiga AGA only, there is no logical reason to write it in anything other than ASM. If we were a company going to port it to lots of formats, but we are not.
Old 20 October 2005, 20:05   #70
foody

Your rationaly bafles me concerning AGA only and ASM. I holy believe PureBasic, C++, and even blitzbasic can do a perfect job creating an AGA product as much as an ASM. If what ever your rationality disagrees with me and you would not do it any other way but ASM then that is ok as well, I am sure there are other programmers out there who can do a good job too in making AGA game without the need of using ASM.
Old 20 October 2005, 20:35   #71
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Basic languages on the Amiga, and the use of HAM-8 and AGA functionality do not a good combination make.

I think I 'might' have a bit more Amiga experience than you, which qualifies me to state that ASM is the way forward. Blitz Basic is bugged, C++ on Amiga is too slow, and Purebasic.... thats a non-starter!

If you want a HAM-8 game to NOT run at a snails pace on a basic Amiga A12oo, anything other than ASM is foolhardy. And if we start to go down the road of requiring 030 and fast ram for a puzzle game, we really are in trouble.
Old 20 October 2005, 20:38   #72
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'm 100% behind Galahad here.. he is the expert here, and nothing (absolutely NOTHING) comes anywhere close to ASM for raw speed and power!
Old 20 October 2005, 22:30   #73
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Well, I think if everyone agrees on a name for the game, then some of the more graphically proficient can do the logos and we can use the best one(s) and go from there.
Old 20 October 2005, 22:38   #74
BippyM
Global Moderator

Guys it might be an idea to create a specific thread for this game... no?
Old 20 October 2005, 23:09   #75
BippyM
Global Moderator

Thread split.. For the foodys game go to : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20481
Old 24 October 2005, 05:49   #76
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Any progress with Marco's game idea? I'm keen to start writing/brainstorming with Gimbal.
Old 24 October 2005, 10:44   #77
Marcuz

i was coerced in lay lower by the masses
we postponed the more extended game(s) after the 2 current ones, Annihilation and Wuzzi; but fear not my writesque friend, they will come
Old 24 October 2005, 17:02   #78
Elwood

Hi all,

I've been busy the last days and I just read all your emails.
I'm not sure if some comments were related to Floody's game or to Marco's so I'll answer anyway.

About a target platform:
I may be wrong but working for an old platform (Amiga Classic) is a total waste of time for obvious reasons. But: if you do the game using RTG+AHI, it will run on all Amigas NG + All emulations of the Classic (UAE, Amithlon).
So if you target Amiga-only computers, this is the way to go.

But ! I don't think the actual market (including NG and Classic) is enough to consider spending a lot of time on a game.
IMHO, a game must be available for Win,Mac,Linux too (not necessary all of them).
In this case, you should use a more standard API like OpenGL and you should avoid any dependency (AGA and ASM).
Note that this doesn't totally exclude ASM that can be used in speed critical parts in the game.

I could talk about the genre of the game but let's agree on the target platform before going forward.

bye

Old 24 October 2005, 17:17   #79
BippyM
Global Moderator

The whole point is to develop it for classic Amigas!

Is it a waste that there are people developing games for C64 and spectrum?
Old 24 October 2005, 17:34   #80
Elwood

I would answer "yes". In fact, the question is : what is the goal?
- to have fun once with this project and when you'll have a job (other priorities) you won't be able to have fun on another project
- to earn some money and turn this into a professional job and thus, being able to do another project after the first one. And have fun again and again, doing projects.

Don't tell me you can make momeny sending games for Spectrum.