English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 04 November 2008, 20:21   #21
Photon

So you saw my question on IRC... Richard is teh man!
Old 04 November 2008, 22:02   #22
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFluffy View Post
Font is probably a 2bpl dpaint 2am knockup using a font we found somewhere, all the effects on it were copper anyway. Coder graphics, quick dirty, you know the score
Id have to see it to be sure I wrote it, i def remember the logo and stuff though. We didnt have much contact with tpl sweden, as a guy in the uk division used to handle all that. I remember he wanted to write all our scrolltexts and wanted me to make my demo's so he could add the scrolltext afterwards with a include file and recompile them. "Er.... No.... I do this for fun you know? " I explained

I wrote a game too once, only a little clone of boulderdash, called rockrun. I added a few new ideas like collecting a rocket launcher, or grenades, smooth scrolling of course and tunes/sfx and one particular sequence where rocky gets out a cigarette and starts smoking if you leave the joystick alone too long. We sent it into one of the big mags with the source trying to win a prize and heard nothing. 6 months later after agonizing at how many public domain utilities that nobody would ever want were included on their coverdiscs, we were gobsmacked when the mag first ran a version with different graphics on the disc credited to someone else (and of course the smoking gfx changed for something more family friendly). And then started a "how to write a simple boulderdash clone" series with sourcecodes. Lots of which looked very familiar, nasty taste in mouth time

And finally I remember I used to use seka as the assembler. Asm one hadn't even been wrote at that point
Going to keep digging, its got to be good for the synapses getting ones this rusty to glue back together again after many years of destruction with fast motorcycles and alcohol
Just examined the scrolltext... it's coder graphics all right, I drew it (1bpl) - suspected it, but it's not a very memorable font, so long since forgotten. :P

Link to this thread emailed to Johan!
Old 05 November 2008, 09:37   #23
MrFluffy

Yes, definately not the demo I was thinking of that I had wrote now I seen it! Nothing to do with me
Probably I remember it because I was sent it as a demo one of the other divisions had wrote.

Old 05 November 2008, 23:02   #24
rioter

Hey Guys,

My old friend Photon just directed me to this thread. Cool!

I just checked, I have about 21 floppy disks (archived to hd) with powerlords stuff that Octon (TPL Norway) provided me with some year or two ago.
I haven't had time to sort them out yet, but I've planned to do so in the hopefully not to distant future. They should contain most TPL stuff. I guess Octon might have some unreleased stuff left as well. He seems to be the only who actually saved the old sins.

So Ray Norrish, our paths cross again.

Yeah, the Powerlords demos displayed some posts up in the thread, do for sure have a Photon font I'd say. And as Photon was the Coding Guru for me back then, I learned about everything I knew about coding when starting out by dissecting and study his asm orgies.

Anyway, I'll take a slow weekend as soon as I get some spare time and put together all TPL stuff I have archived here.

-He who was once known as conan/tpl.

Old 05 November 2008, 23:30   #25
rioter

Oh, I just remembered. I briefly checked out all those TPL floppies some year ago, and I remember me thinking that they contained about everything I could remember being released - except the second invitation demo to The Powerlords & Aurora Halloween Conference 90.

First I made an invitation demo when it was just The Powerlords organizing the party with a bouncing pumpkin. Then we brought Aurora on board as co-organizers and I remember coding a second invitation demo, with a tiling shoot-em-up like background and a pretty good tune from one of Auroras musicians that where quite known (but I can't remember his handle) and some rainbow colors on the text. Well, many years ago, but it was something like that on the top of my head. So if anyone stumbles upon the second TPL & Aurora invitation demo, I'd love to get a copy.
The rest of the TPL demos/intros I'll make sure to get online as soon as I can.

Last edited by rioter; 05 November 2008 at 23:36.

Old 08 November 2008, 10:01   #26
zeg

Powerlords - Aurora halloween 90

Sorry about the delay! have searched for some hours. Powerlords & Aurora party invite 2.
http://kestra.exotica.org.uk/demo.php?id=23457

bye bye

Last edited by zeg; 08 November 2008 at 10:09.
Old 09 November 2008, 12:42   #27
rioter

Wow Zeg,

That was fast, didn't expect to see it surface. And incredible nice of you!

Old 30 September 2009, 02:10   #28
MrFluffy

haha, out of the fog of time springs more, some of them demos were released under Acme, before we joined TPL. After a chance convo with someone on irc about gentoo linux, who was in Analog, ended up with me wandering here :-
http://bitworld.bitfellas.org/demo.php?id=25383
Menu options 2 and 8, I *KNEW* we were called Acme at some point, not to be confused with the other acme's that probably were in existance at the time and were scratching their heads about why they were suddenly credited with these weird demos
Ray, still no news on the source discs, but Ive promised to build our house so we're not in a caravan over winter before I sort the office, so still time for them to spring out...

Old 25 January 2010, 13:23   #29
bigfoot catnap
a1200 68030 3.9 amysys

quote=MrFluffy;472447
Theres also the chance my brother has some stuff, since he's still got a amiga without a gap to this day. Ill try and get hold of him and see if I can find a way to contact him

oh yeah lol amiga active andy here by the way
my 1200 keeps workin despite its age amazin built to last maybe the caps
will get leaky one day

its funny how u became a linux person and seen the amiga as a console
type of computer and probly dont see the workbench os the same way i do

anyway whenever i hear that giutar plink in blood money track i remember the fluffster twanging away trying to sample guitar sounds he was a big led zep fan and visions of grandure and when he met a music writer
couldert wait to pass over them samples im shure it made it to st disk (there was a 100) and when i hear guitar sample mod i pause for a mo and think wait a min isnt that that sample
it even jars me when a few chart hits have same sample,sounds awfull but distintive

Last edited by bigfoot catnap; 25 January 2010 at 13:54.