Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language

Old 02 August 2018, 23:39   #61
cla
dev

Send a message via ICQ to cla
An AmigaOS build server

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
It's about time someone set up "cross-builder environments for Amiga as a service" in the cloud. Then one can write code on the Amiga and just "toss it up there" for compilation, and quickly receive an lha with (if you are lucky) finished binaries etc. and a build log.
Its actually a pretty good idea. There could even be an option to select which compiler to use. And the make files should be generated based on includes and folder structures.

An AmigaOS build server based on for example Stefan "Bebbo" Franke [1] or Krystian Baclawski [2] work with a bit of bolt and nuts wouldn't take much effort to set up.

The 2. generation could include build controllers and pull sources from Git or SVN.

---
[1] https://github.com/bebbo/amiga-gcc
[2] https://github.com/cahirwpz/amigaos-cross-toolchain
Old 03 August 2018, 02:54   #62
redblade
Zone Friend

NorthC was a freeware C compiler release on two disks. I found it ok to compile basic file i/o stuff. I never used it with the official includes so I don't know how it handles those.

FreeDice was shareware, only allows max 5 procedures/functions, no support of double, float or bit manipulation functions, (Use NorthC if you want simple stuff).

As for Amiga Shopper Dice, My version is currently crashing the system every time I try to compile anything with float, I'll try to fix it later this weekend.
Old 03 August 2018, 09:11   #63
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
Its actually a pretty good idea. There could even be an option to select which compiler to use. And the make files should be generated based on includes and folder structures.

An AmigaOS build server based on for example Stefan "Bebbo" Franke [1] or Krystian Baclawski [2] work with a bit of bolt and nuts wouldn't take much effort to set up.

The 2. generation could include build controllers and pull sources from Git or SVN.

---
[1] https://github.com/bebbo/amiga-gcc
[2] https://github.com/cahirwpz/amigaos-cross-toolchain

In order for this idea to be useful Amigas would really need network access. And then Amiga coders would need to be less paranoid about people seeing their code.

Otherwise it’s easier to use compilers on a Linux box.... takes seconds to setup VBCC or GCC
Old 03 August 2018, 09:17   #64
chip

As completely new to C programming, i used this freeware product for Windows, called "Pelles C"

http://www.pellesc.de/index.php%3Fpage%3Ddownload
Old 03 August 2018, 19:32   #65
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
NorthC was a freeware C compiler release on two disks. I found it ok to compile basic file i/o stuff. I never used it with the official includes so I don't know how it handles those.
There was also Sozobon C which came from the Atari ST I think.

I remember being at a WOA show in London and asking a PD library for the disk containing Sozobon C. We don't have it they said. We never expected so many people to order obscure disks so we sent an employee back to the office to bring the full library
Old 04 August 2018, 03:17   #66
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
There was also Sozobon C which came from the Atari ST I think.

I remember being at a WOA show in London and asking a PD library for the disk containing Sozobon C. We don't have it they said. We never expected so many people to order obscure disks so we sent an employee back to the office to bring the full library
In the NorthC compiler it mentions that it is based on both Small C and Sozobon C from the fredfish disks. Did you get much use out of Sozoban C?