English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 November 2018, 15:13   #501
AMIGASYSTEM

To me with 3.9 the GUI works well, now you always start and you hear the music track, the only problem for OS 3.9 is the recognition of the video card (there is no video resolution).

Also fixed the problem "hUnpack" to create the error was the library "warpHW.library" but most likely it is for this reason that the game is not live on OS3.9, see attached video.

Regarding the .ELF you have not been clear, in my opinion can not be performed on OS3.9 PPC.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 12 November 2018 at 15:27.
Old 12 November 2018, 17:46   #502
AC/DC HACKER!

@ AMIGASYSTEM

What version of WinUAE are you using? I'm using latest Beta. I understand there aren't any video resolution's in the list at times. Most times here, 3.5, it's a little corrupt in the middle of the list or shows well. With 3.5 when it starts - I hear the intro sound also. I don't need to see you move the mouse around a blank list, I am easily able to see it's blank. I don't use AfA OS, I don't know how different it is to OS 3.5 or 3.9. You also have a lot installed, as I do with my 3.5. So it's not a "fresh" or "stock" install. That would be why your AfA OS is loading the Front End because something "extra" it's reading (running) like OS 4.1.1 does which also uses 68020 emulation - probably plays a part. This is why Toni comments that it's a "lot of unknowns" about what's happening when he's troubleshooting; or won't in some instances...such as these.

In your video, you flip between the Tabs very quickly, but there are enough frames to notice each are pretty close to mine (by stepping through the seek bar). I think the GUI not showing on my 3.5 is not related to the stats for the game. I went to check more into AfA, and notice that it's an "update" of sorts, and the libraries have been modified as well. So, right there, differences are "under the hood". Which means my OS 3.5 is also updated that way enough beyond stock install for the GUI to display. What the differences are? I dunno, haha....yet. I see that AfA is a free download, so I'll get it...install, and try Shogo there. But that's not a solution for me...for 3.9. Or, perhaps it will be enough of a clue?

What do you mean "fixed the problem" with warpHW.library? Is that by using ReWarp to bypass Warp3D? I haven't gone there yet, many other projects I'm also doing. I'll check into that also.

ELF - Check the Shogo thread, I answered there.
Old 12 November 2018, 18:40   #503
AMIGASYSTEM

Then AfA-OS does not do any miracle, it's just an extension that improves the look of the graphics.

Made a video fast showing OS3.9 BB4 with only the AfA-OS 4.8 package, see video, Shogo "GUI Only" it works the same even without AfA-OS
Old 12 November 2018, 19:09   #504
AC/DC HACKER!

Miracles is a very old word that means magic, or illusionist. I love learning how magic acts are done. I know there isn't any magic to any OS. The "magic or miracle" is the surface understanding, the "Wow." part until you dig deeper, then the details are known. Yeah, I noticed the clue with the Anti-Alias, which is a very sweet thing. So, perhaps the graphics update is the difference??? I'm also wondering about Picasso96.library since that was updated for OS 4 and both Picasso 4 and UAEGfx for OS 4 display the colors of the game correctly but for OS 3.5, if using Picasso 4 the graphics are like looking at some kind of Tye-Die shirt...only with UAEGfx and slight settings change does it display correctly.

Appreciate the videos, but again, it's something in the pulling of the Video data or how PowerPC.library is accessed..OR again, PowerPC.library under OS 4 is different than for OS 3.x. *Shrug* I don't know which yet.. Glad to have help in "solving" this.
Old 12 November 2018, 20:21   #505
AMIGASYSTEM

With Picasso IV you can usually fix the colors if you set a 16Bit screen, the 24Bit colors are incompatible even with many applications, see NetSurf SDL.

If you want to start the Shogo GUI from OS3.9 PPC, for OS3.9 it uses the same "config.uae" file that you use for OS 4.1, you just have to add the OS3.9 hardFile.
Another thing, you have to delete or rename the "warpHW.library".

the presence of "warpHW.library" does not let you start the GUI but it is necessary to start the game.
Old 13 November 2018, 00:57   #506
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
With Picasso IV you can usually fix the colors if you set a 16Bit screen, the 24Bit colors are incompatible even with many applications, see NetSurf SDL.

If you want to start the Shogo GUI from OS3.9 PPC, for OS3.9 it uses the same "config.uae" file that you use for OS 4.1, you just have to add the OS3.9 hardFile.
Another thing, you have to delete or rename the "warpHW.library".

the presence of "warpHW.library" does not let you start the GUI but it is necessary to start the game.
I've been doing that with many configs, comparing settings for a while now. Very aware of adding a HF to a different config. Renaming warpHW.library has the affect as renaming PowerPC.library - makes PPC not accessible.

None of the Screens Modes have to be listed for Shogo to still function. It'll default to 640x480x8. Shogo doesn't 16-Bit. Only 8. My reply, this reply is totally focused on OS 3.5, not at all towards OS 4.1, so you know. Lack of warpHW.library might also be why it shows on 4.1 without a problem.
Old 13 November 2018, 01:29   #507
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
None of the Screens Modes have to be listed for Shogo to still function. It'll default to 640x480x8.
Are you sure? my PC version has 8/16 Bit

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 November 2018 at 23:22.
Old 13 November 2018, 03:00   #508
AC/DC HACKER!

Amiga ShogoMAD, not Windoze. Of course Windoze will do it.. It defaults to 256 color screens. Yes, it supports higher for Amiga also. I've always seen it default to 8bit.. I know Amiga Hardware that supports it will use 16 Bit.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 13 November 2018 at 03:05.
Old 18 November 2018, 16:18   #509
White

Hi,
I read some time ago, that there were tests with wazp3d with 3.9 powerpc
I can not find the post anymore, is it possible to have a configuration file of the ones used?
I'm doing some tests with wazp3d with 3.9 + PPC, it would be easier for me to get a starting point, thanks

what was used? wazp3d.library-full or wazp3d.library-winuae?
with 32Bit winuae
thank you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

found, thanks the same, and on this same thread
is it possible to have a configuration file of the ones used?

Last edited by White; 18 November 2018 at 16:46.
Old 18 November 2018, 22:16   #510
White

In the tests I was doing, I tried what was suggested by bernd roesch
actually works, I do not understand the causes but it works, I was wondering if this falls into the next winuae updates ?, thanks
Also at the moment they are not crashed, with various applications in the configuration I use.

It seems to work with the wazp3D-full library
seems to work with both versions of 32-64Bit winuae
here a little video with JIT-Direct with 32Bit winuae
[ Show youtube player ]
thank you.
Toni, thanks also for your last beta.
Old 20 November 2018, 09:24   #511
thellier

>wazp3d.library-full or wazp3d.library-winuae?
wazp3d.library-full contains all that is needed for a software emulation of Warp3D on any 68k emulator or real 68020-40

wazp3d.library-winuae use x86 native calls so can run only on winuae 32 bits. It use the soft3d.dll on the PC side to render the 3D as software with the x86 cpu or with the hardware OpenGL32.dll

As you seems to use wazp3d.library-full with 3.9 PowerPC then in fact you render 3D with soft 68k rendering so sloooow
Also if you use 32 Bit winuae + wazp3d.library-full then certainly(?) wazp3d.library-winuae + soft3d.dll + hardware OpenGL32.dll rendering should works too

As i dont know much about classic + warp + ppc so I dont have all the answers about what can be done with Wazp3D or what may be done (coded) to improve it
Perhaps a a classic Wazp3D-ppc.library may be coded but I dont know how...
Old 20 November 2018, 11:36   #512
White

@Hi Thellier, thanks for the reply,

@Toni
What I was trying to do was to have compatibility with any PPC applications is 68k
At the moment it seems to work not only with wazp3D but also with the applications I've tried fpse 68k, Quake 2 68k, etc. is obviously also with Amiga games
In practice I can start the emulation with 3.9 + PPC, without the JIT and possibly for example to launch the Shogo game
If then I want to use for example fpse 68k at maximum speed I just select the JIT + Direct is the 68k native software works fast
I do not know if this is right, or it's a case, but it seems to work.
Or it is a function I did not know.
Maybe it could be implemented by default, mine is just a question I do not know what you can do.
Thanks for a possible answer, and sorry for my questions
Old 20 November 2018, 12:33   #513
White

Toni,
I know you do not watch videos, I put it as a simple example, I hope it is useful
JIT-Direct switch 3.9+PPC 68k
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 November 2018, 20:37   #514
White

Hi,
it is possible to have the programs to do the tests with the PPC
like voxel space ppc and other similar programs used in this post, I looked on aminet but it seems there is nothing.
At the moment the tests with PPC warp3D work without any blockage even if slowly in the 3.9 + PPC version
Thanks for any links.
Old 30 December 2018, 16:01   #515
fl@sh

Hi Toni,
I'd like to know how to make "qemu-uae.dll" and "qemu-uae_x64.dll" winuae powerpc plugins. I'd like to give my contribute if possible.
They are quite old and in next release powerpc emulation could gain hard-float support, so huge speed improvements for all fpu based calculations.

thank you!
Old 30 December 2018, 17:42   #516
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl@sh View Post
Hi Toni,
I'd like to know how to make "qemu-uae.dll" and "qemu-uae_x64.dll" winuae powerpc plugins. I'd like to give my contribute if possible.
They are quite old and in next release powerpc emulation could gain hard-float support, so huge speed improvements for all fpu based calculations.
It was mainly done by Frode (FS-UAE author). Older posts probably help. It probably requires painful merge because (too) much has been changed in QEMU. At least I assume so..

EDIT: I think I have configure parameters for building it somewhere (if they aren't listed anywhere else), patched QEMU sources are in fs-uae and winuae github trees.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 30 December 2018 at 21:02.
Old 03 January 2019, 22:41   #517
fl@sh

@toni please can you report compiling parameters here? ..As result should I have dll plugin files for winuae and fs-uae?
Old 04 January 2019, 16:26   #518
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

--target-list=ppc-softmmu --disable-tools --disable-werror --disable-strip --disable-sdl --disable-stack-protector --disable-gtk --disable-virtfs --disable-vnc --disable-xen --disable-brlapi --disable-curses --disable-curl --disable-bluez --disable-kvm --disable-rdma --disable-user --disable-uuid --disable-vde --disable-netmap --disable-cap-ng --disable-attr --disable-docs --disable-vhost-net --disable-spice --disable-libiscsi --disable-libnfs --disable-smartcard-nss --disable-libusb --disable-lzo --disable-snappy --disable-guest-agent --disable-seccomp --disable-glusterfs --disable-tpm --disable-libssh2 --disable-vhdx --disable-quorum --disable-numa --disable-coroutine-pool --disable-pie --without-system-pixman --disable-linux-aio --cross-prefix=x86_64-w64-mingw32-

Many mingw packages are needed too (if you want to do windows dll). I think I used both Windows native mingw and also Fedora linux vm (I think Fedora had all needed packages available without need to manually compile them).
Old 27 January 2019, 14:49   #519
White

hi Toni,
I apologize, with the version amigaos 4.1 final edition with sam460ex at the end of the installation must change something in the startup-sequence as in the classic version of 4.1?

Thanks for every your precious suggestion.
Old 10 February 2019, 18:33   #520
Welshieinnz

What spec PC is required to get PPC working well?