English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 16 September 2018, 23:24   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

Artificial Dreams - How many releases?

How many releases of Artficial Dreams were there?

It was included as a 'Bonus' game in Hoverforce, then there is a Budget 16bit Pocket Power release, but was there a 'bona fide' retail release?

HOL only shows the Noverforce release and the Budget release?

Last edited by BarryB; 16 September 2018 at 23:49.
Old 17 September 2018, 00:28   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

What do the HOL notes say?

The game was originally released by Addictive and is very rare on the Amiga (and probably the Atari ST too). I bought mine brand new on Ebay about 10 years ago from an ex-dealer and it's packed away in a box in the spare room. IIRC, it has pretty much the the same cover as the Atari ST version as seen on Atarimania.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari...ams_24852.html

EDIT: Apparently the original release has been dumped for SPS. Is it not available to the masses?

http://www.softpres.org/?id=:games&gameid=1889

Last edited by DrBong; 17 September 2018 at 00:35.
Old 17 September 2018, 11:25   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

Yes, it's been dumped but the version I have dumped is the budget release, which coincidentally is exactly the same as the retail release, both versions have the same CRC32 when made into an ADF! So, while I have submitted my dump and been given the retail IPF (as the budget release is not in the SPS database) I'm not comfortable sharing it as 'technically' my dump is the budget version Can you not take a photo of the box and ask for the official IPF?

When I looked at HOL I thought only the budget version was released, no cover for the retail release is shown only the budget!
Old 18 September 2018, 23:30   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
So, while I have submitted my dump and been given the retail IPF (as the budget release is not in the SPS database) I'm not comfortable sharing it as 'technically' my dump is the budget version Can you not take a photo of the box and ask for the official IPF?
Well, it's buried in a box in the spare room and it would involve having to shift several heavy boxes out of the way just to get to it. I still have the original invoice for it, though, which IMHO should be accepted as proof of ownership.

Quote:
When I looked at HOL I thought only the budget version was released, no cover for the retail release is shown only the budget!
Let me point you to these fields in the HOL entry for Artificial Dreams:

Publisher Addictive (Prism Leisure) - Worldwide
Budget publisher 16 Bit Pocket Power Collection, The (Prism Leisure) - Worldwide

If the game was only published as an original retail release by a budget publisher (e.g. Smash 16), then the Publisher field would contain info. in it BUT the Budget Publisher field would be empty (e.g. War Machine). Does that clarify things any?!

Last edited by DrBong; 19 September 2018 at 01:20. Reason: Fixed typo! Changed HOL example + link.
Old 19 September 2018, 00:18   #5
BarryB
Amigaholic

Yep, jumped the gun there by only seeing the budget boxscan and thinking that was the only release