English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 October 2001, 09:06   #1
dulcaoin

Brilliance 2.0

I've been trying to mess around with Brilliance! 2.0 under the latest versions of WinUAE, and it SEEMS to be trying to do something with the AGA and Picasso modes, but often (always) ends up in a bad way, where I can't select my way out of it. I'm curious if this is the result of trying to use Brilliance in a way it was never meant to be, or if it's just the incomplete AGA emulation in WinUAE right now.

Any opinions?

Old 16 October 2001, 17:35   #2
Amiga1992

Seems like an emu problem so I moved the thread
Old 16 October 2001, 18:24   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

There are two problems with Brilliance 2:

1:

It tries to find "best" display mode and probably selects some SVGA modes that do not work correctly yet. (Variable horizontal/vertical frequencies are not yet emulated)

Fix:

Move all monitor drivers from devs:monitors (except PAL and NTSC) or modify your startup-sequence to not load any non-emulated monitor drivers. Another way is to set Brilliance's default display mode (Select Brilliance's icon and then select "Information" from WB's menu)

2:

Brilliance 2 do not like graphics boards. Don't try to use Picasso modes with it.
Old 16 October 2001, 23:13   #4
dulcaoin

Oh, to be sure I was bringing this on myself. Trying to select different hardware modes and seeing how Brilliance handled them. I just want to know whether they don't work because they'll NEVER work in Brilliance, or if they don't work because the emulator doesn't emulate everything fully yet.

Since I've got your attention, Toni, do you might checking out the thread I started on GravAttack http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1734
?

It talks about Dr. Plummet's crashing the emulator, which should be of interest to you. I'm talking about WinUAE crashing, NOT the emulated Amiga.