English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 29 November 2013, 18:28   #1
pottyboy

Request: Daily Double Horse Racing

Anyone willing to create a WHDLoad Slave for this game?

There are problems with the sound in this game when it comes to running it on faster and/or expanded machines. The game itself uses digitised speech during the races. At the start, the commentator says "And they're off!", and at the end of each race the commentator announces the winner i.e. "And the winner is number two". On machines with fast memory installed, you have to run the NoFastMem program on the disk to get speech otherwise you'll just hear some "noise" (even the disk label instructs you to do this!), however it doesn't stop there. On faster machines (I'm guessing at least standard A1200), some of the speech is cut off. for example, if horse number 3 wins the guy says at the end "And the winner is ee". It does this on my dad's A1200, which is just a standard A1200 with 4MB Fast Ram and a 4GB CF card.

Also, the game can be run from HD but you need to assign DF0 to the game's folder, rather than the volume name. If you assign the volume name, you'll get a rather nice "No Disk Present In Device DF0" upon starting the game.

I should also add that when running it from HD, there is no sound during the races at all, not even after running NoFastMem

So, is there anyone willing to do a slave for this game? I know it's not the greatest Amiga game in the world, but it is a game that I own and still fire up from time to time, and I'd like the pleasure of being able to get it up and running from the HD with a painless install and with the sound issues fixed.
Old 26 July 2014, 17:06   #2
Phantomz

I would love to get a whdload version of this too.
I used to play this a lot back in the day when I got back from the pub with my mates.

I wouldn't mind a whdload version of " Advanced Fruit Machine Simulator " too whilst I think about it, that got played a lot too.