English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 16 November 2010, 18:24   #1
Sandman

Will and Indivision work together with a RTG card?

Would a Cybervision PPC (or Cybervision 64 for that matter) work with an Indivision 4000 and use its scandoubler feature?

I would ideally like to build a Cyberstorm PPC A4000 Video Toaster system with a Picasso IV card but realize my desktop only has one video slot and that would be for the toaster.

What kind of performance would I get from either a Cybervision PPC or Cybervision 64 with the Indivision compared for example with just using a PIV and leaving the toaster out?

Like I said, I would really like to build a screamer toaster 4000 system but if I would get a better/faster amiga for everyday use by leaving the toaster card out I probably would.

I already have all of the above listed parts except for the Cybervision PPC.
Old 17 November 2010, 02:06   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The RTG and the AGA are two independent sub systems. They work completely separate to one another. Of course you can use an Indivision and CVision but you would have to VGA outputs and so require either a monitor with two inputs or a monitor switcher.

Performance will be improved over a PicassoIV.

CVision has 2x memory bandwidth and 2x amount of memory means better RTG screens potentially. Not to mention the potential for Warp3D.

The only down side is not having an automatic monitor switcher. You should be able to fund the cost of the CVision with the sale of your PIV.