English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 25 August 2014, 13:40   #61
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Those YM chips have 8 channels, it has nothing to do with the ST/CPC/ORIC/ZX SPECTRUM YM-chip, this allows for way better soundtracks.
"ALLOWS for" does not mean that they actually are. I will just stop with my opinions here and let the actual people that are relevant decide (mr. StingRay )
Old 25 August 2014, 14:35   #62
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
EDIT : Oh and this smells like "YM free hating because it doesn't sound like SID" fanboism. The arcade tunes are superior (normal, it's a 16 bits hardware sound audio system the coin-ops had back in the day). Those YM chips have 8 channels, it has nothing to do with the ST/CPC/ORIC/ZX SPECTRUM YM-chip, this allows for way better soundtracks.
Could you please stop trying to make YOUR(!) opinion the only valid truth? If music is good or bad has nothing to do with how many channels or how many bits a soundchip supports!

Please stop polluting this thread, I will use the original AND the SID style music anyway as I, unlike you, prefer that people can decide on their own which music they like better.
Old 25 August 2014, 14:39   #63
daxb

@adrdesign:
Hehe... I guess it can be a boring task to convert/copy a song to mod. I like the way (if the game is worth it) like it is done with WTSS. Original music + new own music because the average game music has bad quality.
Old 25 August 2014, 14:43   #64
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Could you please stop trying to make YOUR(!) opinion the only valid truth? If music is good or bad has nothing to do with how many channels or how many bits a soundchip supports!
My opinion is as valuable as anyone else's (!) True about the number of channels, you'd agree that in capable hands, you can get legendary music (numerous on coin-ops that is).

Quote:
Please stop polluting this thread, I will use the original AND the SID style music anyway as I, unlike you, prefer that people can decide on their own which music they like better.
Voicing an opinion is not polluting in any way. I personally don't mind about your choice of choosing and incorporating the musics you want since you're on the keyboard to code
Old 25 August 2014, 16:03   #65
adrdesign

Woa, didn't expect that discussion!!! Hope to be polite

1st of all: Like me, there are lots of non-english people that could have limited english skills, so they (like me) can be sound kinda rude. I preffer just reading the opinion, not the way they wrote. So, tomcat666, I respect your opinion and understand you Everyone has his own likes, moreover in this nostalgic things (they are engraved in our memory, mixed with emotions and feelings).

That modules are my best try, I don't have the skills for making a faithfull-sounding c64 tune because the sounds, but I ASSURE you that the C64 tuneS (THERE ARE THREE) and the YM tunes notedata are the same (1:1).

Actually I'm working on music for living and didn't have inspiration enough, I did that conversions like I was doing a sudoku (sure, It's kinda to me) trying to keep as much feel as I could.

Think of my modules like a starting point. Anyone can retouch them If they love the tune enough.

PS: I wish there was more people lending hands for projects like this. I'd love to see more music versions also for my pleasure c'mon people!
Old 03 September 2014, 01:02   #66
h0ffman

I'd live to help musically on these projects but I am stacked making my album this year. I'll tap on the window come January to see what's going on
Old 03 September 2014, 14:44   #67
kjmann14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
Woa, didn't expect that discussion!!! Hope to be polite

1st of all: Like me, there are lots of non-english people that could have limited english skills, so they (like me) can be sound kinda rude. I preffer just reading the opinion, not the way they wrote. So, tomcat666, I respect your opinion and understand you Everyone has his own likes, moreover in this nostalgic things (they are engraved in our memory, mixed with emotions and feelings).

That modules are my best try, I don't have the skills for making a faithfull-sounding c64 tune because the sounds, but I ASSURE you that the C64 tuneS (THERE ARE THREE) and the YM tunes notedata are the same (1:1).

Actually I'm working on music for living and didn't have inspiration enough, I did that conversions like I was doing a sudoku (sure, It's kinda to me) trying to keep as much feel as I could.

Think of my modules like a starting point. Anyone can retouch them If they love the tune enough.

PS: I wish there was more people lending hands for projects like this. I'd love to see more music versions also for my pleasure c'mon people!
Hi Adr. I think you're notes were right, but the arrangement could use a little tweaking. would you mind if I work with your version and come up with an alternative? =)
Old 03 September 2014, 19:12   #68
adrdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmann14 View Post
Hi Adr. I think you're notes were right, but the arrangement could use a little tweaking. would you mind if I work with your version and come up with an alternative? =)
of course you can! I guess you will improve them for sure.
Old 03 September 2014, 21:16   #69
kjmann14

I wouldn't say improve. Just make it different. alternatives are always nice. =)
Old 08 September 2014, 16:09   #70
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi Stingray, hows progress going on the port?

Looking forward to playing it
Old 11 September 2014, 19:58   #71
adrdesign

+1 for hansel75
Old 11 September 2014, 20:48   #72
tolkien
AmigaMan

+1 I really like this game
Old 11 September 2014, 22:14   #73
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Hi Stingray, hows progress going on the port?

Looking forward to playing it
Same here.

Stingray, is there a playable version available yet, or are you waiting until it is all done before releasing it?
Old 23 September 2014, 07:35   #74
adrdesign

bump...
Old 23 September 2014, 14:08   #75
Bastich

Looking forward to the conversion as I used played it on the ZX Spectrum
Old 21 October 2014, 23:42   #76
adrdesign

bump.

May I ask if this project is still alive? Just curious.
Old 08 November 2014, 23:53   #77
adrdesign

Since the author didn´t give a response while keeps posting everywhere, I suppose this project is almost freezed. I don´t think this behaviour helps to the amiga community, maybe I´ve been a bit intense?

BTW: without acrimony, won´t work anymore with such people. Hope they get well!
Old 09 November 2014, 06:11   #78
Hewitson

He's probably just sick of being nagged about it. I'm sure he hasn't given up on it, this is StingRay we're talking about here. He's capable of doing anything.
Old 02 December 2014, 23:52   #79
Xenon

Any news about this conversion?
Old 03 December 2014, 07:09   #80
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
He's probably just sick of being nagged about it. I'm sure he hasn't given up on it, this is StingRay we're talking about here. He's capable of doing anything.
People nagging me about is is perfectly fine, thing is, I am not every day on EAB so sometimes miss what people post in this thread. I'm in contact with ADRDesign via PM and also have other people (from the Amiga/PC demo scene) who contribute to this project.

Besides, I'm still doing other stuff as well so it's not a 24/7 project for me, quite the opposite actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
Any news about this conversion?
At the moment I am converting all the graphics data so I can draw all stuff in a native Amiga format and drop the ST->Amiga screen conversion stuff as I do not like that. This will take a while and since I have to do stuff for Revision as well, there probably won't be many news to report before Easter 2015.

Last edited by prowler; 04 December 2014 at 22:38. Reason: Off-Topic cleanup.