English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 January 2011, 10:55   #1
Parsec

Gunblade

Who remembers this? I used to play it in the arcades and thought it was great fun pounding bullets into everything.

It's just been remade for the Wii and I found a copy for 7UKP over the weekend. Haven't got round to playing it yet though. Looks like fun though

On a side note (speaking of arcades) are there still any decent arcades left? All the ones I go into now are just full of fruit machines and cuddly toy grabbers. Is there a decent arcade in the North West of England anywhere?
Old 10 January 2011, 14:30   #2
Big-Byte
Long time member

Gunblade/LA Machineguns for wii.

Funnily enough I just bought it for Wii yesterday on impulse as its £8 in Sainsburys here in the UK. Not a bad game. Ive got a feeling that its emulated on the Wii as there is a bit of slowdown in some places.
Old 10 January 2011, 18:01   #3
Parsec

The downside I discovered is the damn Gunblade game disc has a forced system update that would blow out my hack and Homebrew channel

I only use that for emulators and yet I get stiffed when buying original games! There will be a workaround I just need to google it up.
Old 10 January 2011, 18:21   #4
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
The downside I discovered is the damn Gunblade game disc has a forced system update that would blow out my hack and Homebrew channel

I only use that for emulators and yet I get stiffed when buying original games! There will be a workaround I just need to google it up.
The program GeckoOS lets you play all original (and also import) games and it automatically skips any updates on the disc! http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS

I'm hoping we'll get Virtua Cop and Point Blank to add to the wii's gun libary (Gunblade, Mad Dog Mcree, House Of the Dead etc).
Old 10 January 2011, 19:34   #5
Parsec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
The program GeckoOS lets you play all original (and also import) games and it automatically skips any updates on the disc! http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS

I'm hoping we'll get Virtua Cop and Point Blank to add to the wii's gun libary (Gunblade, Mad Dog Mcree, House Of the Dead etc).
Hehe that's exactly what I need by the sounds of it, cheers matey!
Old 11 January 2011, 11:22   #6
Big-Byte
Long time member

GX Loader is better. Simply dump the disc to hard drive (without forced update) and play it from that. That way you get to keep your discs in mint condition too.
Old 11 January 2011, 12:27   #7
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte View Post
GX Loader is better. Simply dump the disc to hard drive (without forced update) and play it from that. That way you get to keep your discs in mint condition too.

Yep usb loading is sweet (I personaly prefer the GUI on wiifow to GX)... if you haven't got a hard drive though and want to play newer originals or imports then gecko is the way to go.