English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 13 April 2006, 14:09   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
[REQ] Spanish/Italian/Portuguese games

Thanks to our trusty EAB member dlfrsilver, we have a handful of scans for Spanish games (or we will, soon at least )

Spanish and Italian games are one of the rarest Amiga games on this planet.

It's simple: Italian is only spoken in Italy; Spanish is spoken in the whole world, but the Amiga was not that popular in most of the Middle + South American states. (a great part of the population appears to consist of very traditional people with rather interest for farming and home economics than [home] computers, and alas, political corruption as well as poverty reigns, unfortunately. )
A great part of South America is BRAZIL, where Spanish is "tolerated" ( ), but afaik no official language. (Brazil is a PORTUGUESE-speaking country, but that means you may feel free to tell us about Portuguese games as well! )

That is ... Spanish games were mainly published in SPAIN, Europe.
But Spain is not that big; that's why the chances of getting Amiga original boxes in the 21st century are minimizing, bit by bit.

So ... we need all your Spanish and Italian [speaking] guys' help!

Here's a list: [clicky]
Yes, this is in the correct forum, as all games WITH boxes are filtered out.

Thanks for your support!

Guys from Spanish-speaking countries OUTSIDE Spain please tell if you have seen ORIGINAL Spanish games sold in your country. This is important. I doubt there are many, as the companies were quite small and there was no huge budget to finance shipping abroad, let alone South and Middle America...

Last edited by andreas; 23 April 2006 at 03:10.
Old 04 May 2007, 03:39   #2
Denymetanol

Wink

Dearest andreas, i read your post googling and this is my first post here.

I´m from Spain and here the amiga has very few Spainwritten text titles such lucasarts indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, and other games from DINAMIC such MEGA-PHOENIX or Risky Woods, but these games only has credti staff on spanish for greeting, exists some Conversational TXT adventures, i´ll try to help you, i hope you can read this message, actually is 04-V-2007 and your post seem a bit old in the forum.

Thanks for read and coming soon more info.

PD: Exists one homebrew project of simulation of life called in TRON honor.....ALAN UNO.... it was developed by Caronte of Darkness......other games such Infogrames Software has more times Spanish Flag on language selector (North and South)...... usually the same games on Atari ST has the same texts, ..... but on Pc and compatibles often more games are in Spanish (Castellano) and in Amiga or ST continues on neutral English....

The main problem was amiga piracy..... more xcopy tools harmed the market on spain.... and the amiga continued on UK with the cd32....here only importers purchased a bit of uk, french or german units, and sold more expensive to gain easily money.... other consoles as the 3do or Jaguar are impossible to buy cheap because are too expensive in the european release........ i think the PSX and Saturn initial release finally killed the few opportunities to find a cd32 in reasonable conditions.......and games developed finally don´t support our spanish....

well.......i´ll try to allocate the games and list them here.....Cheers

Old 04 May 2007, 03:58   #3
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Here's a list: [clicky]
Yes, this is in the correct forum, as all games WITH boxes are filtered out.
the post is old, the link is prolly changed
Old 04 May 2007, 08:52   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?..._ea=&x=71&y=19

Old 04 May 2007, 12:03   #5
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
never understimate my lazyness
Old 04 May 2007, 12:14   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

it was a lot of effort to add 'hol_' you are forgiven
Old 04 May 2007, 12:54   #7
Denymetanol

wow thanks...... i discovered new info with this list.....

maybe on ebay some of this stuff can be collected, but i remembered reducted price games that on my uncle´s A500 disn´t worked in 2002 due caducity of them.... preservation actions are all-time welcome

Good Job Folks!