English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 February 2013, 21:17   #1861
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
does your indi get hot?
Not more than I can hold my finger on it indefinitely which means it's not too hot.
Old 15 February 2013, 10:42   #1862
Turran

I'm getting corruption in 1024x768 too. At first I just used the big fan on the top but that was not enough (its off in this picture). Instead I put a fan on the Indi, but that was not enough either, so I´m just testing with a big heatsink on the chips below.

That AND the fan on the Indi seems to solve it. If I remove either one, I still get corruptions.

This is not permanent. Just testing where cooling is needed, so its messy right now.

Old 15 February 2013, 11:00   #1863
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Try a pull-up resistor on CCK - this will shift Lisa's data-takeover spot. Note that you also get such gfx corruption without Indivision AGA MK2 - it's a general SHires problem that wasn't fixed on all AGA motherboards.

Since SHires is rarely used without a flickerfixer that supports such high resolutions, you didn't notice your chipset bug before.

Jens
Old 23 February 2013, 10:03   #1864
Nipedley

I got a new monitor today (Samsung S22B300HS) and thought I'd try it out with the Amiga, just incase, and what do you know.

Picture was right-shifted but I managed to fix that with the Monitor's OSD. Still doesn't look perfect (vertical stripes?) but it's pretty damn good

Only screenmode I could get any display on my old monitor was HighGFX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020653.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	475.4 KB
ID:	34395   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020650.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	34396  
Old 23 February 2013, 21:14   #1865
BarryB
Amigaholic

Are you using VGA>DVI as I think the vertical stripes issue is to do with that!!
Old 24 February 2013, 01:33   #1866
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
...Indivision AGA MK2: The programmer is back on the job since thursday.
Jens
(This was a long time ago, and this thread has 144.391 views)

I would like to know something about the progress on it, just to have an idea . I don't mind to wait, but better to have an expectation.
I mean just to know if someone is working on it or something.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 February 2013 at 02:19.
Old 24 February 2013, 10:54   #1867
1time
Amiga Lover

I got the feeling that there is no progress what so ever regarding the MK2 software. All attention is on the new ACA500 board. This patch/software is starting to get the Jesus status. So many people know about him, and no one has ever seen him.
Old 24 February 2013, 11:00   #1868
nikos.rizos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
This patch/software is starting to get the Jesus status. So many people know about him, and no one has ever seen him.
OMG & 3 LOL !!!!

Old 24 February 2013, 12:08   #1869
Nipedley

Thanks Barry, it was over VGA->DVI that was giving me vertical stripes - I didn't even think about trying HDMI as it didn't work at all with my old monitor, however it works great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020670.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	34412  
Old 24 February 2013, 14:24   #1870
Mr B

Guys, for god sake. It's not even on a different page of the thread. I quoted the relevant posts that with clarity says there is no current development for the MKII.

Do i feel cheated? No. Do i feel disappointed? Yes.
I didn't expect it to take this long, but i knew there wasn't any software when i bought this thing. Really wish Jens would get the ACA500 out the door, so he could focus his spare time to fixing the software.
Old 24 February 2013, 14:38   #1871
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipedley View Post
Thanks Barry, it was over VGA->DVI that was giving me vertical stripes - I didn't even think about trying HDMI as it didn't work at all with my old monitor, however it works great
Simples

That looks much better now.
Old 03 March 2013, 17:18   #1872
1time
Amiga Lover

Any news on this one? Or should we just accept that this software never will be available?
Old 03 March 2013, 20:00   #1873
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
Any news on this one? Or should we just accept that this software never will be available?
I don't believe those are the only 2 options..

desiv
Old 03 March 2013, 20:06   #1874
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I don't believe those are the only 2 options..
Right, but some people just don't get the concept of "one person can only do so much at a time". I have stopped sales for a reason: I had to buy me time to finish other projects before I can go back to that development.

Jens
Old 03 March 2013, 20:33   #1875
1time
Amiga Lover

I get the concept. But im still the customer that is providing money to the business. I think im entitled to get some detailed progress reports. As a owner of a MK2 im not that satisfied with the progress so far. Is that a crime?

To stop the sales will not make my card work any better!
Old 03 March 2013, 21:00   #1876
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Guys, for god sake. It's not even on a different page of the thread. I quoted the relevant posts that with clarity says there is no current development for the MKII.

Do i feel cheated? No. Do i feel disappointed? Yes.
I didn't expect it to take this long, but i knew there wasn't any software when i bought this thing. Really wish Jens would get the ACA500 out the door, so he could focus his spare time to fixing the software.
Wish software gets here first, before moving on
Old 03 March 2013, 23:54   #1877
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Wish software gets here first, before moving on
That would have been my first choice as well, but that didn't happen, and now we are stuck hoping for the best, it's not like we can go back and change the way things went.

Would i have bought the MKII when i did, if i knew i would still have a unusable piece of hardware at this point? No, hardly. But i'm also not going to send it back, and since that are the options, i wish people would stop trying to act like they are being lied to, or deceived.
Old 06 March 2013, 13:40   #1878
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
i wish people would stop trying to act like they are being lied to, or deceived.
Where are all these posts accusing Jens of lying or deceiving? I don't see them. With the greatest of respect, it's not up to you to decide what people post in this thread. If someone has paid their money, they're entitled to ask questions and have their say, just like you have.

It's disappointing that the 500 accelerator is taking priority, but if that's what he needs to keep his business ticking over, then I don't think anyone wants to jeopardise that. If I'm being perfectly honest, if he doesn't take up those offers of help after the ACA500 is done, I'll enquire about returning mine. I don't say that with any malice at all, but as a customer I'm just reaching that line.

I think the respect for Jens and his work is obvious, and I think people are being pretty patient and understanding about all this. This thread could be quite different! Ultimately we want Jens to get other projects under his belt, get this sorted, back on the market, us happy, him happy. And asking for the occasional update is fair enough IMO.

Chris
Old 06 March 2013, 14:40   #1879
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yesterday I tried a new led Tv, 32" Philips 2800 series to use instead of my Samsung SyncMaster Fx2490HD (where I can use HighGFX, a little outside the screen on the right, pretty well), and I could watch perfectly and complete the HighGFX mode, just a bit to the right, but all the image. Also I was having some movements on the lines of the wallpaper. Finally I sent it back to the shop as it had an horrible definition with Hdmi also with my Pc, so I'll be buying a 27" LG Full HD on saturday and I will tell how it goes.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 March 2013 at 14:48.
Old 06 March 2013, 15:28   #1880
Schoenfeld
electricky.

I will meet a new programmer on saturday who has worked for me years ago already. We will look into translation of the existing flash/config tool from BlitzBasic to C, so the code can be maintained better.

Note that this is NOT a progress report - progress is only made on the GUI part, but that doesn't help you functionality-wise.

Jens