Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 07 November 2011, 12:07   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
@FOL

How are you finding the uA1? I really like mine although I can't get online since update 3
Its ok, apart from the speckles when using anything 3D, due to the micro A1 Hardware bugs.

For connection problem, I found that after update it makes you reset it up on every reset. Way around I found was to do a fresh install, setup connection, then do all updates. It then stayed working every time.
Old 07 November 2011, 13:17   #22
roy bates

since i joined EAB in april,it was ten years+ and i wished i hadent given all my amigas away ,to be honest i wont be doing that again anytime soon.

although i wont be getting 20 amigas this time around.
Old 16 November 2011, 21:12   #23
Mick

I've long since moved on to PC's but Amiga will always have a place in my heart.
Old 16 November 2011, 21:40   #24
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
I don't know if I could go longer than a few hours without using my Amiga, it's hard enough staying asleep all night, resisting the urge to get up and play some games or do some coding on her.
that's exactly what I was like in the 1990's I never get that way with any other computer.

A year or so ago when I had my 2000 I was playing Cannon Fodder 2 all the way through and stayed up all night playing
Old 24 November 2011, 22:07   #25
Sektor 83

I haven't used a real Amiga for years, sadly. WinUAE is a completely different story though, I use the emulated Amiga very regularly - and even if I don't post on this site as much as I'd like, I still like to give it a read at least a couple of times a week!
Old 25 November 2011, 13:51   #26
Incomparabile

Send a message via ICQ to Incomparabile Send a message via MSN to Incomparabile Send a message via Yahoo to Incomparabile
After the monitor, a Commodore 1084s, stopped working in 1996, I switched on PC in 1997. Then in 2000, after discovering the existence of emulators and the web, I started searching the web for Amiga stuff and roms. The first emulated game: Indy Heat. So I joined the EAB, I wrote articles for Amiga hoping for a resurrection that simply didn't happen. Now I'm on my third Amiga wave, and I'm looking for real hardware (mine is lost) to play with my son in the near future.
Old 25 November 2011, 14:13   #27
AmigaFriend

I quite never left. I have Amigas since 1988 and still have the orginal machines that i bought 'at the times' (tm). Altough i confess from 2001 to 2008 i barely touched any hardware to practical use, besides firing the machines up for one afternoon twice a month or so just to warm up those circuits. WinUAE filled all my needs and still does till today.

My daugther is a hardcore user of the A500 since 2006.

Due to ciscunstances of life my Amigas stayed at Europe since May 2010. But i intend to get them back next January when i do my final and definite move, so i can say that hardware wise it's the longest time i've been without an Amiga machine.

In terms of the internet i consult an Amiga site daily, being this forum the culprit of it.
Old 06 December 2011, 23:20   #28
Vollldo

I never left . I bought my A500 in 1989 and still have it. I discovered emulation via WinUAE a lot of years ago and it put me a fixed idea in my mind : to recreate a massive collection of all the games i had, i hadn't and always wanted, some demos too... So i progressively bought all the required material i needed. A A1200 first, then plenty of extra (connectors, joypad, speakers, hard drive, external drives) and about 1500 floppies. Now all is done, i have a special room for my A500 and A1200 (they are linked for the network games) and also with other machines with massive collection. When i have free time, i just have to pick what i want and spend a good moment . I don't use my amigas everydays (no enougth time) but they are in my mind all te time !!! I almost tried everything on every systems and the Amiga is certainly the most wonderfull machine ever created !!! There is a soul inside the box hehe .

Old 07 December 2011, 00:05   #29
StevenMarshall

Left the Amiga in 1995. I was mostly using it for music some 3D graphics and a few games.

Got back from time to time with WinUAE during last few years.

Major change (back in the Amiga world):
  • Bought A500 week ago. Along with the external floppy, Competition Pro joystick, DSS8+ sampling board, Elite game (original with documentation) and the Frontier Game (also original and the map).
  • To buy A1200 this week. Bought CF adapter for it. To buy: 4GB CF card and 16 MB RAM.
Old 21 February 2013, 20:50   #30
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

far too long or me...

i ended my amiga days in 1998 i think..... but now thanks to emulation, i'm back in the game.
Old 21 February 2013, 21:45   #31
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I lasted two years when there was nothing for Fairlight to release on Amiga anymore.

It wasn't until around 2000 when I first got into Internet that I did a search for some of my stuff and came across Codetappers Action page, left a comment on there as he had namechecked me and a few others for inspiration for AGA fixing, and he got in contact with me, and next thing I know, i've bought an o6o towered Amiga and getting right back into things again.