English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 29 June 2002, 00:05   #21
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

A-Train Construction Set & Deluxe Strip Poker 3

@Twistin'

A-Train Construction Set is in the Zone. Also, upped Strip Poker 3 (Skid Row crack), which I'm sure is the same as Deluxe Strip Poker 3 according to my sources (let me know otherwise). If it's the one you're looking for I have the six oppponent disks that go with it, if you like.
Old 29 June 2002, 02:48   #22
RetroMan

@Twist´

Hmmm, I just checked my 7-Disk Version of Regent and it seems to be V 1.0 not V 1.1 as you requested ! Still interested ? Also it seems to have a copy protection (manual) .......
Old 29 June 2002, 02:55   #23
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Lots to reply to here, but I'll pop them all in one message since I don't need the post count creds.

@Drake1009
It's actually three disks I need for Reunion AGA. Last time I checked, these were problem disks, but I'll reinvestigate.

@Cody
Thanks for the ups (and for reminding me of fedegaia's posting!) I included most of your MIA list. Several of them have been found since your last update and there existed a few errors (ie, I didn't include Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge because I don't believe it exists, and most notably, I removed Vaders because the Softgang version IS the Olaf Schneider version).

@Konrad
I am looking for cracks, but I have several versions of the Fairlight crack for "Oh No! More Lemmings"; I am looking for the Add-On version of the game, not the standalone version (which the Fairlight crack is). Unless yours is the Add-On (requires the original Lemmings game).

@Uukrul
Thanks. I have that Turbo Cup version already, but according to several sources, there exists a version with 944 on it. I'm cynical about this, anyhow, so I will probably move that one to the Skeptic list...

@ST8
Hehe...thanks for reminding me. Silly of me to forget these two! Thanks for the demo link, too. Also, see this Far West thread.
I also added "Outpost - Solo Assault". BTW: Did we ever find "Mission Bavarya" (sp?)

@Akira
Maybe Skate or Die was cancelled before completion (or after!) and this was the music that was to be used in the game?
I have that Superhero demo. It's shite.

@Shadowen
I'll check over the Strip game and see what's up. Thanks again.

@RetroMan
Yup...still interested. This way, I won't even have to modify my Regent entry, since we'll still remain on the lookout for v1.1, but yours is still a major addition, as it still brings the 7-disk version to the table. How big is the manual? Maybe one of our EAB bad boys can bypass that lookup. And the intact version should also be of use to the CAPS team. So this one covers a lot of ground!

@everyone
You guys are all great. Thanks for the team effort that characterizes the Amiga experience!
Old 29 June 2002, 07:28   #24
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Stuff I have

Well, something went wrong and couldnt go on vacation yesterday, going today instead and will be back on wednesday... Twistin here is the list of what I have and you might want... mail me which ones you want me to upload to the zone and I will do it on wednesday when i come back and will have the cds with me !

A-TRAiN CONSTRUCTiON SET ECS/AGA (C) MAXiS 1/2 1 SR-ATCS1.DMS 374671
A-TRAiN CONSTRUCTiON SET ECS/AGA (C) MAXiS 2/2 1 SR-ATCS2.DMS 332655
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS 1/2 AMI1 #0505
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS 2/2 AMI1 #0506
BLIZZARD AMI1 #0717
CHAMPIONSHIP CRICKET AMI1 #0641
CITY CARS AGA (C) FLEXiLiNK SOFTWARE 2/2 2 HF-CCA_2.DMS 361291
CRICKET AMI3 #2585
CROWN #1 AMI3 #2605
CROWN #2 AMI3 #2606
CURSE OF R.A AMI3 #2338
CYCLOGIC 100% AMI3 #2994
DRAGONS BREATH 1/2 AMI2 #1802
DRAGONS BREATH 2/2 AMI2 #1803
FOOTBALL CRAZY AMI2 #1821
FORT APACHE AMI3 #3244
GLOBAL CONFLICT AMI1 #0691
ICE HOCKEY AMI2 #1265
MINI GOLF AMI1 #0754
OTHELLO GRANDMASTER AMI1 #0504
POWERBALLS AMI3 #3245
REUNION *AGA H/D ONLY* INSTALL DISK AMI5-2 REUNIOA0.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [1/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA1.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [2/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA2.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [3/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA3.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [4/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA4.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [5/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA5.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [6/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA6.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [7/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA7.DMS
REUNION *AGA* [8/8] AMI5-2 REUNIOA8.DMS
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 0/8 2 HF-REUA0.DMS 219903
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 1/8 2 HF-REUA1.DMS 848088
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 2/8 2 HF-REUA2.DMS 844980
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 3/8 2 HF-REUA3.DMS 844155
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 4/8 2 HF-REUA4.DMS 874905
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 5/8 2 HF-REUA5.DMS 870496
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 6/8 2 HF-REUA6.DMS 872899
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 7/8 2 HF-REUA7.DMS 824221
REUNiON AGA/HD ONLY (C) GRANDSLAM 8/8 2 HF-REUA8.DMS 402368
STACK UP AMI3 #2983
STACK UP + AMI3 #2969
STALINGRAD AMI4 #3854
SUB RALLY [CRUNCHED FILES] AMI3 #2375
TEE OFF AMI3 #2689
TEE-OFF ECS/AGA (C) ENERGiZE '90 1/1 3 FLT-TOFF.DMS 127132
ULTiMATE SOCCER MAN. ENGLiSH 95-96 ECS/AGA (C)iMPRESS.'96 3 IHS-USME.DMS 448540
ULTiMATE SOCCER MAN. iTALiA 95-96 ECS/AGA (C) iMPRESS.'96 3 IHS-USMI.DMS 418620
ULTiMATE SOCCER MAN.iTALiA 95-96 AGA (C)iMPRESSiON'96 1/1 3 PDY-USAI.DMS 491110
Old 29 June 2002, 10:24   #25
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Whoa! (panting)...will drop you a line in a bit. Brilliant! I'm beginning to think this MIA project was a good idea!
Old 29 June 2002, 10:49   #26
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, I have a question that maybe you guys can help me with that are good at getting games working. Are "Lothar Matthaeus Super Soccer" and "Olympique de Marseille" the same game?
Old 29 June 2002, 11:09   #27
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Lothar Matthaeus, Olympique de Marseille, Retee! 2 and European Champions (Ocean) are all the same game (presumably the same game for different markets - Germany, France, Italy and UK/other).

Twistin' - can you add Maelstrom to the MIA list? We need a working version.
Old 29 June 2002, 11:43   #28
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Added. Thanks for the reminder.

I had no idea that game went by so many monikers! This makes for mega-confusion as far as TOSEC is concerned, though. I first became aware of the two aformentioned games when TOSEC identified my Olympique de Marseille disk 2 as Lothar Matthaeus disk 2. I wonder if all four games have identical disk 2's...?
Old 29 June 2002, 20:38   #29
ST8

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost

@ST8
Hehe...thanks for reminding me. Silly of me to forget these two! Thanks for the demo link, too. Also, see this Far West thread.
I also added "Outpost - Solo Assault". BTW: Did we ever find "Mission Bavarya" (sp?)
We didn't found "Mission Bavarya" but it's not a certain release. I only found one clue for it. (I wrote this in the other thread).

Far West:
I found no clue in this thread that it is later called "Wild West".
I had this game but I lost it, but you could read in titlescreen Far West.

Old 29 June 2002, 22:02   #30
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Question

Quote:
Crown (1991/Starbyte/Softgold) German
There's also an English version, but I reckon you have it already?
Old 29 June 2002, 22:58   #31
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Games

At first glance I think i might have some (about 50 i think) of those games twistin old chum.

I'm really busy nowadays though because of a couple of new additions to the family (my wife recently gave birth to twin boys), hence my low profile on this forum of late, but i still keep an eye out for interesting requests.

I will upload as soon as i can though mate.
Old 29 June 2002, 23:53   #32
DPainter

Floppy disk

Unlike Warlock, I have no children *yet*, so last night I sat down with some Dutch beer and found about 25 or so MIA titles from Twistin's list. Undoubtably there will be some overlap as others like tomcat find these too, but you'll always know mine by their very non-TOSEC names. This may be annoying to some people, but I think it's more fun and I'm certain that Twistin' will update his list almost daily to reflect changes.

June 29 uploads: small afroamigan pack.zip
edit: Earl Weaver Baseball Europe and crosswords.

Last edited by DPainter; 01 July 2002 at 19:16.
Old 30 June 2002, 00:53   #33
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@STB
Hmmm. I really don't recall where I got the "Wild West" name from, then. It's been on my list for some time, but I just don't remember my source for this info. Can anybody confirm this title or should I just kill it out?

@Andreas
I didn't know "Crown" had an English version. I swear I seem to recall seeing this game in my collection, but I just can't find it anywhere on my system, so I have to assume I don't have any version of it.

@Warlock99
Dude! Good to see you again. I was hoping this list might bring you back in! Mega-congrats on the twins - you must really have your hands full! I knew I saw some "Found" notations on your site that I was missing, hence the name dropping throughout the listing. Looking forward to the goodies!

@DPainter
As always..LOL!!! Dutch beer, eh? My ancestry is Dutch, so
Going to check the disks now. I would look at them and comment in this message, but the risk is too high that my sys will crash and I'll lose this reply (on this particular boot session, if I copy anything to the clipboard, that app crashes...sheesh!)
Old 30 June 2002, 01:17   #34
ST8

I don't think it's important to kill the second name for Far West or not. I was just wondering about because I was searching this game (without success)and information about its for an while.

But I think it's not an mistake to put "mission bavarya" in the MAY NOT EXIST/CONFIRMATIONS WELCOME list.

Old 30 June 2002, 01:28   #35
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
@Andreas
I didn't know "Crown" had an English version. I swear I seem to recall seeing this game in my collection, but I just can't find it anyhwere on my system, so I have to assume I don't have any version of it.
My "fragmentary" TOSEC 0.19 set already had Crown included, look out.
Old 30 June 2002, 01:35   #36
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@STB
Yeah, I was planning on adding Mission Bavarya to the list in a few, along with some other updates. And I'll leave Wild West until some clue appears. It would be ideal if I could keep a trace on my sources, but then this would be a more than full time job.

@Andreas
Fragmentary? You rather lost me on that one...
Old 30 June 2002, 01:46   #37
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@DPainter
Again, thanks for all the groovy uppers! I have updated the two for sures. Now...

* Boulderdash Is there a standalone game of this that anyone can confirm? I already had "Boulderdash Construction Kit", ehich indeed has the Boulderdash game in it, but I reckon I was thinking there was non-Construction Kit version.

* PTC As discussed in a different thread, I am looking into this one to determine if it's the right game we are looking for. I didn't see any reference to Rainbow Arts or the date upon first inspection (hell, I just grabbed the mouse and started shooting!), so I will investigate deeper.

EDIT: OK, I checked over all the files on that disk. To begin with, it's infected with the Lamer Exterminator virus. That out of the way, I'm still just as confused about PTC. Nowhere in any of the binary are there any text strings to indicate any connection with Rainbow Arts or Chris Huelsbeck (who composed the music for the game). But it could be a beta, so you never know. I wonder if the game was in German, since it is from Rainbow Arts and all. Anyone?

The main executable for the game was packed with HQC 2 (High Quality Crackers cruncher), so I unpacked that. It seems the music was created using Dynamic Synthesis Modul v1.34. I know Huelsbeck was a TFMX man, but this game may have been released before that program was realized. Exotic Ripper v2.27 didn't find any of the music in any of the data files or the decrunched executable. The internal hiscore table has on it: PTC by JCR of SWA. Does this mean anything to anyone? Kinda gives the impression of a PD game, but since I have no idea of anyone else invloved with this game, I can't say.

The mystery continues...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I emailed Chris Huelsbeck and asked him for any clues he might be able to share with us.

EDIT3: Just found on Exotica info on Dynamic Synthesizer replayer for Eagle Player. It says in the readme that this was the music format Chris Huelsbeck used before TFMX. For me, this almost clinches that we have the right PTC, although I still have to wonder if it was ever formally released and if the copy on that compact is just a stolen beta.

EDIT 4: Just found another compact in my collection, an untitled Astronut of the Attic collection, and it has P.T.C. (same version), IK+, and Snakepit.
Old 30 June 2002, 03:35   #38
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
TG - did you include my MIA list completely in yours?
I just remembered more from your MIA list that I didn't include:

Basketball (Mindscape)

which is, in fact, Omni-Play Basketball.

Also,

Rick Davis Soccer (Melbourne House)

the full name is "Rick Davis World Trophy Soccer", so the adf's for the file are generally referred to as "World Trophy Soccer", which is pretty common.
Old 30 June 2002, 08:43   #39
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, I located some Amiga screenshots from some of the games on this list which might help. It tells me for sure that they exist and have probably been dumped. First up, Guy Roux Manager
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guy roux manager (screen0).jpg
Views:	2694
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	2827  
Old 30 June 2002, 09:18   #40
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, last one...
Powerplay Eishockey Manager
Attached Thumbnails