English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 12 March 2018, 13:04   #81
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
I can't reboot into Maintenance Mode. Can someone help me fix that? If I choose to reboot into maintenance mode none of my partitions come up as bootable and it asks for a 3.1 boot floppy.
With HDToolBox activate the Bootable "Tab Partitions System" (see screenshot)

Quote:
PS - I accidentally created TrashCans on all my partitions. *Shrugs* lol
Delete folders and icons TrashCans

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 April 2018 at 18:00.
Old 12 March 2018, 14:49   #82
Sinphaltimus

Yep Tuko helped me fix the maintenance mode over on the Vampire forums.

I did not think you can delete the trashcans. It's something that the AmigaDOS manual states. I should have just tried it... LOL
Old 12 March 2018, 15:21   #83
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Yep Tuko helped me fix the maintenance m
As mentioned above for restoration "maintenance mode" enough simply activate the Bootable, "maintenance mode" simply disable the Bootable
Old 12 March 2018, 15:24   #84
Sinphaltimus

All good, works as implemented by Coffin creator.
Old 12 March 2018, 15:27   #85
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
All good, works as implemented by Coffin creator.
For me "maintenance mode" no it's a good thing especially for those who use a Amiga Real, many users how it happened to you they will end up with a system that can no longer start.
Old 12 March 2018, 16:31   #86
Sinphaltimus

But it's super easy to fix.

Just make sure the following is true in HDToolbox:

DH0: is bootable and boot priority is set to 0
DH2: is bootable and boot priority is set to 1

That's it. By design. So simple it works.
Old 12 March 2018, 17:43   #87
AMIGASYSTEM

Well known i have no problems with it, i'm talking about the function "maintenance mode" which deletes the boot to the boot partition.
Old 15 March 2018, 09:18   #88
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
I made almost the same 3d model but in Lightwave

https://pasteboard.co/GzXg1nB.png

Nice, I used your screenshot to update Coffin OS r48+AfA_OS+Dual-PNG icons on WinUAE 060/JIT

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 March 2018 at 23:23.
Old 15 March 2018, 15:12   #89
Sinphaltimus

2 things, first - this video by Stephan jones - [ Show youtube player ]

next: It's not so much Vampire related directly, but because of the Vampire and Coffin OS and my custom setup, i have been using my Miggy a lot lately.

I was doing and am doing a lot of data copies to the miggy, and for the most part, it takes longer than 24 hours to move tens of GBs from SD to HDD. I'm fine with that, not running x12 core or using fast IDE (yet). But I wanted to say - it's so great to see the Amiga chugging along for hours at a time and staying stable, over-night and coming back the next day and still progressing. No errors because there is an update waiting or the system rebooted to install an update or do an auto virus scan or any of the things I've grown used to with a windows based system. It really feels good to be back in the Amiga almost everyday and having no modern day inconvenience getting in the way of progress. I know that sounds weird, but I think you all know what I mean.

Now if only I can catch up to myself with all the changes and customizing AND more mods in the works so I can get down to the nitty gritty of actually using it creatively again.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 15 March 2018 at 15:13. Reason: fixed a bit.
Old 15 March 2018, 23:31   #90
Sinphaltimus

WOW - core 2.8 is due out in like a week or possibly less.

They've enabled the expansion port so I can move my SDNet adaptor module off the SD slot and onto the expansion bus allowing us to use SD card read/write at the same time as TCP/IP. AND they are already in talks about USB on the same port with all of these things working at the same time.

Holy cow - it got so much better with 2.7 and now 2.8 is coming with so much more.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:26   #91
JimDrew

FUSION, PCx, and the support libraries and files are not public domain or available free. These are copyrighted works, and I have never given permission to anyone to distribute them. So, whoever the "coffin" creator is, they had better remove ALL of my copyrighted software from that 32GB image file or face legal action.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:33   #92
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
FUSION, PCx, and the support libraries and files are not public domain or available free. These are copyrighted works, and I have never given permission to anyone to distribute them. So, whoever the "coffin" creator is, they had better remove ALL of my copyrighted software from that 32GB image file or face legal action.

I have no idea who the creator of "Coffin" is. Wrong topic thread. I hope you find out who does and can resolve this with that person.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:49   #93
JimDrew

I see that the creator/distributor is Gunnar, so I have contacted him to tell him that he needs to immediately remove my copyrighted material.

What is interesting to me is that I just had another Amiga developer pissed that their program is also contained in the image. So perhaps there will be some joint action necessary.
Old 20 March 2018, 11:29   #94
Lemaru

Gunnar is part of the Apollo Team responsible for the firmware. He is not responsible for ApolloOS/Coffin. Maybe you should post over in the Vampire Users Facebook group or the official Apollo Team forum as the guys who maintain the build are active there.
Old 20 March 2018, 11:42   #95
demolition
Unregistered User

I also doubt that Gunnar is the guy maintaining ApolloOS/coffin. I guess that he could just be acting dumb, but some of his comments on IRC clearly indicated that while he had tried the image, he did not know many details about how it was set up and what was included. I also think that he'd rather spend his time improving the CPU core.

So Jim, what is the legitimate way of obtaining Fusion/PCx today?
Old 20 March 2018, 12:24   #96
Djole501

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Nice, I used your screenshot to update Coffin OS r48+AfA_OS+Dual-PNG icons on WinUAE
Cool!
Old 20 March 2018, 12:39   #97
TrashyMG

Quote:
FUSION, PCx, and the support libraries and files are not public domain or available free. These are copyrighted works, and I have never given permission to anyone to distribute them.
Can you point me to the legal way of purchasing these?
Old 20 March 2018, 13:10   #98
guibrush

@ Jimdrew :

Unfortunately, I think that you will always face that kind of problem until you offer a legal way to buy Fusion and/or PCX for the customers. In facts, I think that there is there an opportunity to make a Fusion/PCX Vampire edition that benefit the AMMX and to provide a somehow limited demo to the Vampires users (maybe in Coffin ?) and then of course let them buy them. I'm sure you could generate a nice amount of registrations. What do you think ?
Old 20 March 2018, 13:11   #99
Sinphaltimus

Yeah, I think I'd be more interested in obtaining these legally and supporting the developers (meaning you or whomever Jim) for what's on my Amiga coffin install. But only if it works and I think I'd use it. It would be a good idea to share the "purchase a license now" webpage so some of us can at least clear it. But I've searched here and elsewhere- there is no such way to buy this that I can locate, which is confusing. And probably just a misunderstanding with whomever put it in the Coffin image to begin with. FWIW, I just tried running PCx after you posted here - Doesn't seem to work. Something about missing memory configuration or whatever. Anyway, I'm sure things will get sorted without further ado. It's shared all ver now (Jim Drew's concerns) so whomever is responsible will know about their mistake soon enough and rectify it I should hope.
Old 20 March 2018, 14:54   #100
cmsj

Quote:
I see that the creator/distributor is Gunnar, so I have contacted him to tell him that he needs to immediately remove my copyrighted material.

What is interesting to me is that I just had another Amiga developer pissed that their program is also contained in the image. So perhaps there will be some joint action necessary.
It's hosted on Weebly, who should respond to a DMCA request, which you are entitled to make as a copyright holder.