English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 08 February 2017, 18:13   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Database Error

Sometimes when I try to visit EAB I get a page with the title "Database Error" I seem to be getting these surprisingly frequently since the start of 2017. When I try again after an hour or so it's all fine. Now I'm sure that the administrators of this board are well aware that these are happening, at least the text on the database error page claims that they are, although it does offer the option of contacting the admin.

Now I'm not too worried, as I mentioned it always seems to be fixed after just a short period of time. But I was wondering if someone could perhaps shed some light on what is happening to cause the errors?
Old 08 February 2017, 18:15   #2
Amiga1992

Yeah it happens every now and then. Dunno what it is, but it's usually fixed quickly, like just now.
One time it lasted a long while for me, like a day.
Old 08 February 2017, 20:33   #3
DamienD
Banned

RCK would need to advise on this.

Usually when it occurs the whole "abime" network is down so:

... eab.abime.net
... hol.abime.net
... amr.abime.net
... www.abime.net
Old 10 February 2017, 09:06   #4
Thalion
Amiga Collector

I had this problem too yesterday but i could solve this by deactivating some obscure antivirus/browser protection which was installed on the computer i currently use and it instantly worked again.
Old 13 February 2017, 13:30   #5
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
I had this problem too yesterday but i could solve this by deactivating some obscure antivirus/browser protection which was installed on the computer i currently use and it instantly worked again.
No relation

Those database errors are coming from my current server.
I don't why, but the SQL service is just dying (sometimes to many connexion, sometimes memory errors).
When it happens, I have SMS and 10k email on my phone, so yes I'm aware and I relaunch the faulty service asap. (when it take more than 10 minuts it's because I'm sleeping )

The problem is it's hapening more and more often, so I think current hardware is not enough powerfull for current trafic, or just slowly dying.
I already have bought a new server to replace this one and to migrate to 64 bits, I only need to find enough time