English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 November 2017, 19:25   #661
kipper2k

So, What do you think Kaffer, is it worth investigating the doability of adding it
Old 07 November 2017, 19:26   #662
Keir

Well I will take a look. The direct access code exists, it just needs wrapping as an AmigaOS *.device file.

Then I don't know what the modern best way of doing fat32 access is: perhaps http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/fat95 ?
This existing filesystem code would run on top of hxcda.device (or whatever name we pick).

How hard can it be? I'm thinking not very.
Old 07 November 2017, 19:31   #663
Mq

@Akira: You can insert everything into an ADF using adfview. It's windows software that let You get into the ADF like into directory in windows. I use it, and it works pretty well. You can copy from and copy into ADF file exactly the same way as You do it with directory.
Old 07 November 2017, 20:27   #664
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mq666 View Post
@Akira: You can insert everything into an ADF using adfview. It's windows software that let You get into the ADF like into directory in windows. I use it, and it works pretty well. You can copy from and copy into ADF file exactly the same way as You do it with directory.
Hmmm, I tried ADF Opus and it wasn't working. I'll try that one, thanks.
Old 07 November 2017, 20:30   #665
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Well, I used to transfer files to my A600 using a 19200 baud serial connection and this would be lightyears ahead.
On an A600, just use a PCMCIA-CF or PCMCIA-SD adapter.
Old 07 November 2017, 21:06   #666
Keir

New minor release update:

v0.8.8a - Error Reporting, Board Enhancements
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads

- Better error reporting (filesystem, media, power, image handling)
- Optional feature enhancements for Gotek clones
- Third button (select) may be used instead of prev/next for firmware update and factory reset
Old 07 November 2017, 21:22   #667
Mq

Thanks kaffer! I can't believe You did and You did so quick what I asked:-) Thanks a lot!
Old 07 November 2017, 21:40   #668
kipper2k

not paranoid or anything but i noticed mq666 made the 666th post in this trhread, now its at 667

(replies, not posts)
Old 07 November 2017, 21:44   #669
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Old 07 November 2017, 22:02   #670
DamienD
Banned

...look guys, I'm "The Omen" around here ok!!!

Let's check the facts:

a) name spelt "Damien".
b) born in 1976, the same year as the original movie release.
c) if I shave my head you will find...

Hahaha
Old 08 November 2017, 08:35   #671
Mq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
not paranoid or anything but i noticed mq666 made the 666th post in this trhread, now its at 667

(replies, not posts)
Sorry, maybe You're right and I'm exaggerating with number of nonconstructive posts, but I'm so excited with this Flash Floppy firmware, and I can't stop myself from writing:-) Sorry again, and I promise to improve my behavior:-)
And about Mq666: I'm using Mq initials everywhere in internet, but on eab we can't use so short nickname, so I add 666, because 6 key is in the middle on my keyboard, and I like touch this key:-) And again: I promise this are the last nonsense words I wrote here:-)
Old 08 November 2017, 14:33   #672
kipper2k

Quote:
Sorry, maybe You're right and I'm exaggerating with number of nonconstructive posts, but I'm so excited with this Flash Floppy firmware, and I can't stop myself from writing:-) Sorry again, and I promise to improve my behavior:-)
And about Mq666: I'm using Mq initials everywhere in internet, but on eab we can't use so short nickname, so I add 666, because 6 key is in the middle on my keyboard, and I like touch this key:-) And again: I promise this are the last nonsense words I wrote here:-)
LOL, i am not putting you down for your posts, just the coincidence of the post number and your nick, write what you want
Old 08 November 2017, 14:40   #673
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
<snip> And about Mq666: I'm using Mq initials everywhere in internet, but on eab we can't use so short nickname, so I add 666, because 6 key is in the middle on my keyboard, and I like touch this key:-) And again: I promise this are the last nonsense words I wrote here:-)
<cough> I am elite on EAB as I have only two characters in my nick
Old 08 November 2017, 14:59   #674
Mq

@kipper2k: Ok, so it's misunderstanding:-) It seemed to me that I did not write so much:-) I did not notice the post number. So we can still be friends kipper2k:-)
Sorry for mistakes, but I'm not native speaker in english, I don't know english very good, so I try to read, write and understand as good as I can.

@DH: I registered my account here not so long ago, and when I tried to register as "Mq", I saw message that username must be longer. Maybe some time ago it was possible to have shorter username.
Old 08 November 2017, 15:32   #675
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
@DH: I registered my account here not so long ago, and when I tried to register as "Mq", I saw message that username must be longer. Maybe some time ago it was possible to have shorter username.
That restriction must apply only at registration time. DH's original username was much longer than that.

You could PM RCK, the EAB Administrator, to ask for your username to be shortened, but that might have implications for any EAB File Server account you have.

Last edited by prowler; 08 November 2017 at 15:40.
Old 08 November 2017, 15:48   #676
Amiga1992

Quote:
because 6 key is in the middle on my keyboard, and I like touch this key:-)
This is the best reason to chose a number I have ever read anywhere. Haha!
Old 08 November 2017, 15:53   #677
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
That restriction must apply only at registration time. DH's original username was much longer than that.

You could PM RCK, the EAB Administrator, to ask for your username to be shortened, but that might have implications for any EAB File Server account you have.
It's always been 3 characters or more for registration nicks, it's a default of vB.

If I recall correctly, the change was applied because I was a Moderator/Global Moderator and RCK honoured the change. I really don't think RCK is going to change that for regular members. It was done because nobody, and I mean nobody, could be arsed to write out "DemonHellraiser" including RCK

Anyway, enough of this small talk about user names etc, let's get back to the topic
Old 13 November 2017, 22:25   #678
kipper2k

I just found out how easy it is to add the sound mod with the flash floppy FW installed, very nice, no soldering, gotta love it, and the volume for me is just right

Last edited by kipper2k; 13 November 2017 at 22:31.
Old 14 November 2017, 12:59   #679
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

@Akira

Any chance to update the 1st post with some current info -
I know it's a PITA but this is a 30+ page thread and I suspect many people will miss a lot of the good info

eg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I just found out how easy it is to add the sound mod with the flash floppy FW installed, very nice, no soldering, gotta love it, and the volume for me is just right
How easy is it? Link to the post with info? I know either HXC or FF has a guide document someone was working on but mislaid the links too!!
Old 14 November 2017, 13:41   #680
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
@Akira

Any chance to update the 1st post with some current info -
I know it's a PITA but this is a 30+ page thread and I suspect many people will miss a lot of the good info

eg.

How easy is it? Link to the post with info? I know either HXC or FF has a guide document someone was working on but mislaid the links too!!
For the HxC FW, just have look at the right place.
All is there :

http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewt...hp?f=33&t=1683

And all infos and related files are also also into this archive :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...a_firmware.zip

Unfortunately third-parties documentations will never be up-to-date since i am updating the firmware quite often.