English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 October 2014, 19:44   #841
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
If I press Ctrl-A-A when in HALT3 state, the CPU% display stops moving, F12 does not react and if I click the mouse buttons several times Windows makes the black window gray and says "no reaction" in the title bar.
I can't duplicate this HALT3 state (I tried your config). Whats your blizkick command line?

EDIT: winuae.zip may fix it. Still can't duplicate it but perhaps it got fixed..

Quote:
HALT5 state works as expected: when I press Ctrl-A-A it boots again. And surprisingly it continues as if Blizkick succeeded and didn't stop the CPU.
Not that surprising because everything worked until last phase of reset where it only halted m68k cpu instead of reseting whole system.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 17 October 2014 at 21:28.
Old 19 October 2014, 15:27   #842
zouzou

I managed to create a new setup with BPPC.
One stange thing:

Sometimes, the CD (IDE,1), could not be loaded properly (read errors just before the OS4 install menu popups up, or while installing), or was loading "forever" (means at least one hour). The OS4.1 update 2 cd was an ISO file, not the real cd in the PC drive.

If I do reboot the Amiga (ctrl+a+a), it seems IDE is working realy faster, and then I can setup OS4.

Tried many times, it seems I need to reboot one time, before the IDE,1 is working properly....That's stange, but that's what I observed.
Old 19 October 2014, 16:28   #843
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2900b21.zip

Beta 21:

- Moved CDTV-CR under original CDTV Quickstart option.
- Added 3.44 CDTV-CR extended ROM.
- CDTV-CR now boots CDTV CDs. CD audio player does not yet work and some games that play CD audio will hang. Also CD reading speed is currently unlimited.
- Added 256M (max possible) Blizzard accelerator board RAM size support. Works with 1230, 1260 and PPC.
- CSPPC P5_SELF_RESET bit emulation fixed, M68K can only reset PPC and PPC can only reset M68K if P5_SELF_RESET is not active. (Blizkick reset hang)
- When switching quickstart modes, extended ROM was not reset if new mode didn't use extended ROM.
- Switching Quickstart models now remembers previously selected model configuration setting.
- Disable tablet mode if tablet name query returns error or empty name. WTInfo() with null parameters is supposed to return error if tablet is not connected but it does not seem to be true with all drivers. (Fixes division by zero guru at boot if tablet emulation is enabled)
- default_xlate() system halt didn't work, broke probably when 1 second boot delay option was added.
- default_xlate() now also generates bus error if Gary bus error bit is set instead of halting.
- Include approximate exception startup time in non-cycle exact 68000 emulation modes.
Old 19 October 2014, 18:31   #844
zouzou

same thing, vith BPPC install with beta21 reported at 89% of OS4 install that OS4.1 cd has read/Write error. The boot process for the install was really really long (30 minutes?)

Afterwards, I have rebooted (ctrl+A+A), the install CD booted in some 2 minutes or so, and the install process was ok.

I wonder if it doesn't come to the fact that at first boot, the hard drive was not set up already (WDB, SFS filesystem, partition to be done...), and afterwards, things are better.

Anyway, after that reboot (in this case), the CD "led" was really fast blinking, before that, the CD led was "blinking" really slowly.
Old 19 October 2014, 18:34   #845
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
same thing, vith BPPC install with beta21 reported at 89% of OS4 install that OS4.1 cd has read/Write error. The boot process for the install was really really long (30 minutes?)

Afterwards, I have rebooted (ctrl+A+A), the install CD booted in some 2 minutes or so, and the install process was ok.

I wonder if it doesn't come to the fact that at first boot, the hard drive was not set up already (WDB, SFS filesystem, partition to be done...), and afterwards, things are better.

Anyway, after that reboot (in this case), the CD "led" was really fast blinking, before that, the CD led was "blinking" really slowly.
Could you narrow down it more? Does it work faster if you only boot to installer screen and then reboot again? Or does it need to start the install process? (and so on..)
Old 19 October 2014, 18:40   #846
zouzou

Yes I will.

I tried many installs.

If the hard drive has been freshly created in winuae (with RDB), it seems that, after the BPPC init (after colors flashing), it may run in a long loop of loading the CD iso image (Directly maping to the physical DVD doesn't work).

If I do a reset AFTER the color flashing from BPPC, is reboots and then loads properly.

I have made many attemps since yesterday. Those including changing the BPPC rom (44.71, 44.69) for 68060, switching between fixed and dynamics hard drive files, removing anything that could interfere (network card, picasso 4...).

Any time, and on two different machines, I ran into (each attemps) the same situation: After setting up the hard drive in OS4 side, and launching the installation process, files seems to copy slowly and slowly, and at one point, file won't copy anymore. After that, waiting for a long time (10 mins?), bring the "Read Write error" on ISO install media (who is a good shape). Sometime also I had a bsod between the moment WinUAE stops copying files and the time I should have the "read/write" error (unfortunately god 2 BSOD on the two different machines, and BSOD logs were not activated....).

This morning, I've tried a different approach, sinc I feel that there is something wrong in the IDE management.

TEST 1:
---------
iso of os4 is in same hard drive in windows side
New SFS\00 hard file 3900Mb under winuae, enable rdb
first boot:

comes in good times to "amigaos" bootscreen
10 minutes to have the install menu
prepare the hard drive
reboot:
comes to install menu in less than 2 minutes
quick format
install (10h39)
HD and CD "leds" are blinking really fast
install 10h46: 20%
install 10:57: 35%
11:00 50%
11:02 stick while copying extras (11:02), 53%
waiting for something to happen
11:14: read/write error on iso image

While I was waiting for the "read/write" error on iso install cd, I saw that SND and the number right to the "CD" led, that those were blinking slowly, but in gray (like trying to reset something).

TEST 2:
--------
Same hard drive after "crash" , ISO image is on a different hard drive

first boot:
boot to menu: 11:20->11:27
install 11:34
install 11:43 20%
11h51 35%
12h10 50%
12h24 88%
12h30: WinUAE finished installing and boots OK.

I have repeated the same process on a second machine, and that worked OK.
Now it seems that if the ISO is on the same hard drive than WinUAE hard drive file, it bring issues.
If I do store that ISO on a different hard drive, it just works the way it should.

NB: On both systems, WinUAE is stored on a raid1 mirror (software).

Last edited by zouzou; 20 October 2014 at 12:46.
Old 21 October 2014, 08:31   #847
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I have been reading a bit about the CDTV-CR (CDTV II) and it was added to WinUAE. $50 Frode doesn't include this model in FS-UAE
Old 21 October 2014, 15:02   #848
Ami_GFX

I've been running B21 for several days and I've found one bug that isn't in B20. On some of my configurations there is a hang when the AsimCDFS is loading and it won't get to the workbench. Sometimes it will resolve itself after hanging for a minute or two and I get to Workbench. Attached zip files contain config files and logs for B21 where it hangs and doesn't hang and the same configuration run in B20 with no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuaelogB21HangConfig.zip (11.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: zip winuaelogB21_NoHangConfig.zip (8.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: zip winuaelogB20.zip (8.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 21 October 2014, 16:05   #849
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
I've been running B21 for several days and I've found one bug that isn't in B20. On some of my configurations there is a hang when the AsimCDFS is loading and it won't get to the workbench. Sometimes it will resolve itself after hanging for a minute or two and I get to Workbench. Attached zip files contain config files and logs for B21 where it hangs and doesn't hang and the same configuration run in B20 with no problems.
Logs can't be from same configuration. Other has UAE controller harddrives and another does not. (btw, install latest DirectX to remove that DirectX message or set mode to DirectDraw)

EDIT: add -scsiemulog command line parameter. Creates more useful logs.

EDIT2: Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip fix it? (cdtv-cr drive allocation was done even when it was not enabled which could have caused issues)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 October 2014 at 16:28.
Old 21 October 2014, 16:09   #850
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
I have been reading a bit about the CDTV-CR (CDTV II) and it was added to WinUAE. $50 Frode doesn't include this model in FS-UAE
Probably irrelevant since the needed rom is hard to find.
Old 21 October 2014, 16:14   #851
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
They usually become very easy to find after it becomes wanted
Old 21 October 2014, 16:44   #852
Ami_GFX

I don't get the hang from the configuration that uses ide drives. That is for an image of my real A4000's hard disk and I try to emulate the real Amiga hardware as much as possible. The one that hangs is a for coniguration made of separate hdf files with data copied from the partitions of the disk image. I am not trying to make a hardware exact emulation with these hdfs. Attached logs from running that configuration with the -scsiemulog parameter enabled. Hangs in B21 and no hang in B20.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog2900B21.txt (19.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog2900B20.txt (20.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 21 October 2014, 16:49   #853
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
I don't get the hang from the configuration that uses ide drives. That is for an image of my real A4000's hard disk and I try to emulate the real Amiga hardware as much as possible. The one that hangs is a for coniguration made of separate hdf files with data copied from the partitions of the disk image. I am not trying to make a hardware exact emulation with these hdfs. Attached logs from running that configuration with the -scsiemulog parameter enabled. Hangs in B21 and no hang in B20.
EDIT: I looked at wrong log

Try http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip (I guess you missed my previous edit).

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 October 2014 at 17:00.
Old 21 October 2014, 19:23   #854
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
What about Illy? He bought Carl Sassenraths. Bet he could dump it.
Maybe cloanto could add it to amigaforever rom pack.
Old 21 October 2014, 20:36   #855
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
What about Illy? He bought Carl Sassenraths. Bet he could dump it.
Maybe cloanto could add it to amigaforever rom pack.
Toni must have it, maybe there was a cryptic message in his post
Old 21 October 2014, 22:52   #856
Ami_GFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
EDIT: I looked at wrong log

Try http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip (I guess you missed my previous edit).
It worked, no more hang.
Old 24 October 2014, 09:44   #857
flibble42

That last Winuae.zip also fixed a problem i was having. All my CD32 and CDTV images stopped booting. They worked in b20, stopped working in b21. Don't know if this was related to other reported CDFS type problems.
Old 24 October 2014, 15:59   #858
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble42 View Post
All my CD32 and CDTV images stopped booting. They worked in b20, stopped working in b21.
It seems I have the same problem, don't know whats wrong.
Old 24 October 2014, 18:30   #859
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
It seems I have the same problem, don't know whats wrong.
And update in post #855 fixes it?
Old 24 October 2014, 18:53   #860
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
And update in post #855 fixes it?
Yes (winuae.exe 11.296.768 bytes/23 October 2014), thanks a lot.