jotd
This cat is no more

WTF: cadaver is not in the list? apart from that, excellent choice
Old 02 April 2016, 14:02   #22
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Thanks A list like this will always miss something. There is always some game that should have been added But it's easy to extend the list by opening the list in Word and just continue from slot 513 and outwards. then assign the games.

Oh, and this is also one of the reasons why I left the 20 first slots empty. If someone had some favourite games that wasn't assigned to my list then they could add them to the first slots. But it really does not matter what slots you put them in as long as you have a tracklist. Cycling through the slots is very fast.

Last edited by turrican9; 02 April 2016 at 14:11.
Old 02 April 2016, 14:29   #23
turrican9

If anyone wishes me to make a 4GB USB drive image just let me know. I also have a 4GB stick with all the games on. But I need to assign all the games on that one because I cannot write my 8GB image to the 4GB one. I need to assign the list then make a new image for 4GB stick. So for now you will need minimum 8GB stick to use the image that is up for download.

Have updated with extra download links in first post. These are hosted on my Google drive.

Maybe this thread could be made sticky?

Last edited by turrican9; 02 April 2016 at 16:21.
Old 02 April 2016, 19:20   #24
LocoSombrero

Quote:
Hehe, I was about to comment about the first "A500 Gotek Top Games"-pack that there's a lot of my own personal favorites missing as well.

It would be cool if there would be different game-pack versions for different-sized memory sticks, i.e. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, basically up until the 999 disk limit. It's a bit of a pain to check out all different disk images out there and see which ones work 100%.

My personal favorites that were missing from the first games set were titles such as: Darkseed, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Ski Or Die, Body Blows Galactic, Hostages, Weird Dreams -- to mention a few ...

Other than that, keep up the good work Now downloading the 2nd edition and checking it out
Old 02 April 2016, 19:31   #25
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoSombrero View Post
Hehe, I was about to comment about the first "A500 Gotek Top Games"-pack that there's a lot of my own personal favorites missing as well.

It would be cool if there would be different game-pack versions for different-sized memory sticks, i.e. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, basically up until the 999 disk limit. It's a bit of a pain to check out all different disk images out there and see which ones work 100%.

My personal favorites that were missing from the first games set were titles such as: Darkseed, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Ski Or Die, Body Blows Galactic, Hostages, Weird Dreams -- to mention a few ...

Other than that, keep up the good work Now downloading the 2nd edition and checking it out
Thanks. It would almost be impossible for me to know what games everyone likes. But the games I put in the tracklist are very known and popular games I believe. Anyway, its very easy for people that download this to just extend the list and assign more games to the list. Also, as I said, the first 20 slots are empty and from 513 and outwards are also empty.

I'm currently working on the 4GB image which contains the exact same archive. For people with 4GB USB drives of course. I will probably not bother with anything more than 8GB because even with the game base and alot of demos on, it is still just half full. The 4GB version however is almost full.

Oh, and if it turns out some ADF games dont work, just switch out the ADFs with another version. As long as you use the exact same filename and just overwrite the previous ones you dont need to assign it again.

Please let me know how it goes!
Old 02 April 2016, 20:53   #26
turrican9

So I'm currently creating the 4GB USB drive image. My 4GB USB drive is 3.75GB and 11MB of free space on it. Exactly the same stuff that is on my 8GB image with the same tracklist. I will put up the image later. In order to use this image the 4GB USB stick it will be written to must be exactly the same size or bigger. If smaller then the USB image pogram will state that it cannot verify and it may not work.
Old 02 April 2016, 22:23   #27
turrican9

The 4GB image is up and first post is updated with the download link. This one is a 1.83GB download.
Old 03 April 2016, 14:19   #28
turrican9

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you two could give me a list of all your favourite games that is not on my list and I could see about adding them.
Old 03 April 2016, 16:55   #29
jotd
This cat is no more

No problem i was just saying. I don't even have a gotek. But im doing the same kind of job with cd32 discs and i discovered some good titles i never played before like navy seals.
Old 06 April 2016, 00:21   #30
LocoSombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Maybe you two could give me a list of all your favourite games that is not on my list and I could see about adding them.
This might be a bit off, didn't double check the list, some titles that I remembered and have now tried out + found them pretty good actually.

APB (hilarious arcade)
Barbarian II - Axe of Rage
Battle Squadron (a typical shoot'em up but I love the music)
Body Blows Galactic (essential punch-yer-friends title )
Budokan - The Martial Spirit (loved this as kid, was on the PC as well)
Darkseed (didn't remember that it was 7 disks, oh dear - but the artwork in this dark adventure game is by the late H.R.Giger)
Dogs of War (excellent shoot'em up)
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon III - The Rosetta Stone
Firepower (an excellent multiplayer tank game, you can even play this on two computers over a null-modem or a regular modem connection)
Gauntlet II
Gauntlet III (not as good as I or II but ..)
Ghostbusters 2 (pretty good actually, I sort of put this one on par with Batman The Movie)
Golden Axe
Gravity-Force
Hard Drivin'
Hostages
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Motörhead
Narco Police
Neuromancer (a cult classic adventure, based on William Gibson's book)
Nitro
Fire Force
P.O.W.
Rampage
Rampart
Predator
Predator 2
Road Blasters
Ski Or Die! (a must have)
Stardust
Street Fighter
Street Fighter II Turbo
Terminator 2
Viz (The Soft Floppy One)
Weird Dreams
Werner Flaschbier

BTW, I'm using an Amiga 500 with the Amiga Forever Kickstart 3.x ROM and I've noticed that I have to use relokick to load Kickstart v1.3 on most of the titles I've tried from various sources if I want them to run properly (at first I thought it was the floppies that had gone bad). Even the Relokick doesn't always help, so I'm really looking forward to the day when I'll find myself a Kickstart switcher unit so that I can switch between Kick1.3 and 3.X with no extra hassle ...

I'll have to try to refresh my memory with the old game titles someday soon. Cheers!
Old 10 April 2016, 11:46   #31
turrican9

Quote:
This might be a bit off, didn't double check the list, some titles that I remembered and have now tried out + found them pretty good actually.

APB (hilarious arcade)
Barbarian II - Axe of Rage
Battle Squadron (a typical shoot'em up but I love the music)
Body Blows Galactic (essential punch-yer-friends title )
Budokan - The Martial Spirit (loved this as kid, was on the PC as well)
Darkseed (didn't remember that it was 7 disks, oh dear - but the artwork in this dark adventure game is by the late H.R.Giger)
Dogs of War (excellent shoot'em up)
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon III - The Rosetta Stone
Firepower (an excellent multiplayer tank game, you can even play this on two computers over a null-modem or a regular modem connection)
Gauntlet II
Gauntlet III (not as good as I or II but ..)
Ghostbusters 2 (pretty good actually, I sort of put this one on par with Batman The Movie)
Golden Axe
Gravity-Force
Hard Drivin'
Hostages
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Motörhead
Narco Police
Neuromancer (a cult classic adventure, based on William Gibson's book)
Nitro
Fire Force
P.O.W.
Rampage
Rampart
Predator
Predator 2
Road Blasters
Ski Or Die! (a must have)
Stardust
Street Fighter
Street Fighter II Turbo
Terminator 2
Viz (The Soft Floppy One)
Weird Dreams
Werner Flaschbier

BTW, I'm using an Amiga 500 with the Amiga Forever Kickstart 3.x ROM and I've noticed that I have to use relokick to load Kickstart v1.3 on most of the titles I've tried from various sources if I want them to run properly (at first I thought it was the floppies that had gone bad). Even the Relokick doesn't always help, so I'm really looking forward to the day when I'll find myself a Kickstart switcher unit so that I can switch between Kick1.3 and 3.X with no extra hassle ...

I'll have to try to refresh my memory with the old game titles someday soon. Cheers!
Thanks for the list Not sure if I will do another upload as most of these games are probably on the USB drive images anyway and can easily be assigned. Then as I said, the list could easily be extended.

Is there any reason you use Kickstart 3.x on that Amiga 500? Using Kippers memory/CF card expansion? I prefer to keep my Amiga 500s with kickstart 1.2/1.3 for use with floppy loading. Of course I have both A1200 and A600 for whdload and also have ACA 500 with ACA 1221 which I can plug into any of my Amiga 500s if I want.
Old 10 April 2016, 21:41   #32
LocoSombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Is there any reason you use Kickstart 3.x on that Amiga 500? Using Kippers memory/CF card expansion? I prefer to keep my Amiga 500s with kickstart 1.2/1.3 for use with floppy loading. Of course I have both A1200 and A600 for whdload and also have ACA 500 with ACA 1221 which I can plug into any of my Amiga 500s if I want.
I was supposed to get a CF card reader-HDD extension, namely the ACA500, so that's the reason for the Kick3.x (no more disk swaps, Kickstart 1.3 can be loaded into memory for backwards compatibility and so forth). Sadly, all the ACA500 boards were sold out by the time I got my A500 running, so now I'm waiting for Individual Computers to hopefully come up with the ACA500plus (a new revision of the board) sometime soon. One other option I've been waiting for is A500Flash from Retro 7-Bit, at least the idea in itself seems fantastic. A keyboard-switchable Kickstart ROM and then some.
Old 10 April 2016, 23:13   #33
turrican9

Quote:
I was supposed to get a CF card reader-HDD extension, namely the ACA500, so that's the reason for the Kick3.x (no more disk swaps, Kickstart 1.3 can be loaded into memory for backwards compatibility and so forth). Sadly, all the ACA500 boards were sold out by the time I got my A500 running, so now I'm waiting for Individual Computers to hopefully come up with the ACA500plus (a new revision of the board) sometime soon. One other option I've been waiting for is A500Flash from Retro 7-Bit, at least the idea in itself seems fantastic. A keyboard-switchable Kickstart ROM and then some.
I have the ACA 500 with the ACA 1221. ACA 500 has both kickstart 3.1 and 1.3 built in. The ACA 500 without an add on accelerator is not very useful for whdload. I guess you put that Kickstart 3.1 in there to save 0.5MB mem on the ACA 500.
Old 02 July 2018, 16:32   #34
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Download links are broken. Any chance of this pack being reuploaded as recently aquired a gotek drive.
Old 02 July 2018, 21:43   #35
LocoSombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Download links are broken. Any chance of this pack being reuploaded as recently aquired a gotek drive.
If I don't remember incorrectly, a few of the games on the list had ADF viruses in them, that can and will jump from a disk image to another, corrupting the images. This has happened to me with my Gotek USB stick, it's that age-old boot sector virus that'll easily spread itself across the disk images on the stick over time, esp. when using soft boot and as long as the ADF images on the stick are not write-protected.

Note the importance on checking up those ADF images before using them on a "999 images" stick, is that even a hard reset won't always clear up the boot sector virus on a Amiga disk [or in this case, a disk image of one] if it has been infected, since if you have, let's say, a typical 512k memory expansion board, it usually has a backup battery in it, where those nasty buggers can store themselves, at least for a while.

There are a lot of classics that can stil come to haunt someone using a USB adapter with a bunch of floppy images in it, some classic/common boot sector viruses being i.e.:

http://virus.wikidot.com/lamex
http://virus.wikia.com/wiki/Bytebandit

You might want to try to search the internet for sites that host ADF disk images, but be sure you use a boot sector (etc) virus check before you add any games to the USB stick, of course you can also make the ADF images read-only, but then you can't save etc. - I recommend a tool called ADFScan, it's what I've been using on ADF images so there's no nasties jumping from disk to another and at least for me, it's been great.

Just a heads up on that one disk image thingie so you won't end up wondering what went wrong! Cheers!

Last edited by LocoSombrero; 02 July 2018 at 21:51. Reason: (text paragraph formatting/additional info)
Old 08 July 2018, 13:52   #36
esel

Is there another Gameset i can download ?
Old 08 July 2018, 14:04   #37
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esel View Post
Is there another Gameset i can download ?
I can see that you already found http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87326
Old 08 July 2018, 14:17   #38
LocoSombrero

Regardless of the gamesets or ADF disk images, you should ALWAYS do a boot sector/overall virus check. It's very easy for one rotten .ADF ( = boot sector virus infected disk image) to start jumping all over your USB stick's memory.

Just saying. Have a good one! Cheers!
Old 08 July 2018, 14:20   #39
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
It's very easy for one rotten .ADF ( = boot sector virus infected disk image) to start jumping all over your USB stick's memory.
True, and an extra security measure would be to also set the read-only attribute for all ADF files excluding any save disks that you might need.
Old 08 July 2018, 14:31   #40
esel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I can see that you already found http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87326

yes, just found it