English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 13 August 2008, 22:49   #41
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
hey, i told you weeks ago how it's really good

Hey I just discovered jDownloader two days ago... I mean... got the DVD from a friend...
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 August 2008, 22:50   #42
girv
Reticulator of Splines

Send a message via ICQ to girv Send a message via AIM to girv Send a message via MSN to girv Send a message via Yahoo to girv
Been traveling with work so I've had the opportunity to catch a few more flicks than usual recently.

Drillbit Taylor - wasn't expecting much, but it was funny and I LOLd a couple of times. Surprisingly good!

10000BC - awful! I almost couldn't watch it, but I couldn't really get off the plane Disappointing to say the least, as I'd been looking forward to seeing it.

No Country For Old Men - thought it was good, but I think they left off the ending. What happened there? Did I fall asleep and miss something?

Doomsday - another disappointing one, it could have been so much better. I think they tried too hard to fit in aspects of other scifi movies and just ended up with a big mess. The leader of the mad-max style gang was the only good thing in this movie. I dont know the actor's name, but he had the role down. WTF was with the medieval community!?

Rambo - thought this was a little odd. Slow to start, then 15 minutes of total carnage, then its over. Thankfully, Sly doesn't say too much.

Discuss
Old 13 August 2008, 22:57   #43
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hey I just discovered jDownloader two days ago... I mean... got the DVD from a friend...
oh, now that looks interesting, thanks

naughty site, using ipcounter.de
god bless NoScript
Old 13 August 2008, 22:58   #44
TCD

Hi girv, nice to see you back in OT

10.000 BC - Agreed. Well it's not completely awful, but they missed so much opportunities to make a good movie. We had that discussion in the old thread, which now rests in peace

John Rambo - Agreed. Let's not consider the first one (which is a great movie), but this one is much worse than the second and third one. The fight at the end seems like an excuse forthe lame movie

I have not watched the other three yet, but I guess I'll just go for Drillbit Taylor (a good laugh is always welcome ).
Old 13 August 2008, 22:59   #45
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
oh, now that looks interesting, thanks

naughty site, using ipcounter.de
god bless NoScript
Now DLC and CCF files will become your best friends mate Good thing I got my NAS back up and running
Old 14 August 2008, 11:12   #46
PWLM
He found it at the zoo..

I saw 'Jumper' last week and I believe I am still frowning trying to figure out what the HELL that movie was about. It was so disjointed I would actually get more sense looking at a Picasso painting. Having said that the sfx were fantastic.

Waiting to see the new movie with Will Ferrell (just can't remember the name). He is hilarious, Blades of Glory was some really funny gear. As was Anchorman.

"Ooh, it's quite pungent. It's a formidable scent! Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Brian I'll be honest with you that smells like pure gasoline..." As only Will Ferrell could do it.
Old 14 August 2008, 14:55   #47
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I don't really think that Jumper was that complicated to understand.

It's just Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) form X-Man without tail and with a bit better teleport power.
Old 14 August 2008, 22:03   #48
spiff
Oh noes!

Saw kung fu panda, and it was entertaining, pretty nice "ethnic" soundtrack in it. I'd recommend seeing it with the kids, everyone gets something out of it.

Finally got around to seeing heavy metal... wow that movie sucked, it's like watching western hentai. Boobs and swords.
Old 14 August 2008, 22:35   #49
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
I prefer Load! with a PA.

http://candisoft.de.vu/

Downloaded tons of HD2DVD movies. Pretty cool, these conversions looks better than the most retail DVD's. Hellraiser (uncut!) in HD2DVD looks soo good, much better than the awful bootlegs.

http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/...74a7591fb079a2
Old 14 August 2008, 22:40   #50
BippyM

Gimbal without posting much of a spoiler he gets a "head start"!
Old 14 August 2008, 22:49   #51
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I prefer Load! with a PA.

http://candisoft.de.vu/

Downloaded tons of HD2DVD movies. Pretty cool, these conversions looks better than the most retail DVD's. Hellraiser (uncut!) in HD2DVD looks soo good, much better than the awful bootlegs.

http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/...74a7591fb079a2
Hmm, Load! archive is identified as a virus. Since I have no PA is there any advantage of Load! ? For me jDownloader works pretty nice.
Old 14 August 2008, 22:53   #52
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Hmm, Load! archive is identified as a virus. Since I have no PA is there any advantage of Load! ? For me jDownloader works pretty nice.
Virus? Haha, i love this funny virus scanner.

Well, i find that Load! is a bit easier to use, probably a matter of taste. jDownloader is awesome too.
Old 14 August 2008, 22:59   #53
TCD

Quote:
Virus? Haha, i love this funny virus scanner.

Well, i find that Load! is a bit easier to use, probably a matter of taste. jDownloader is awesome too.
Yeah these 'heuristic' scans produce funny results
Okay, good to know both are awesome It's just nice to add a container file in the morning, go to work and when you come back the movie is served
Old 15 August 2008, 01:36   #54
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Gimbal without posting much of a spoiler he gets a "head start"!
Okay, you can read that as a sequel hint, I heartily agree and I admit I did not think about it. I just choose not too take the hint, I stick with my way of interpreting the ending. It will simply never end. But I will grant you that this particular character was almost useless in this movie, so it may be that there is a story to follow. I fear that this possible sequel will bomb however for being exactly the same as the first. Like I said, it is a decent movie, but it is not worthy of a follow up.
Old 15 August 2008, 14:31   #55
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I have 3 movies for this weekend, but not sure what I will see.

I got new Rambo 'again', after first time holding it for a week and not finding it interesting enough to watch it.

I also have new Stargate SG-1 movie - Continuum. That I might check tonight. (loved the series and other movies)

And lastly I have Untraceable with Diana Lane if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone remember Streets of Fire with same actress?
Old 15 August 2008, 14:38   #56
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I got new Rambo 'again', after first time holding it for a week and not finding it interesting enough to watch it.
You have a good intuition man Ah well, watch it, come back here and rant about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
And lastly I have Untraceable with Diana Lane if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone remember Streets of Fire with same actress?
Never heard of Untraceable and Streets of Fire.
Guess the second one is utter crap right?
Old 15 August 2008, 14:49   #57
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Streets of Fire is from mid 80s, the rock'n'roll fable. (those were popular back then ) It was better received in the rest of the world then in USA.

Untraceable is also movie with Diana Lane, which seems to show in previously mentioned Jumpers as well. (mother of main character)

Friend told me its good movie, but for some previous mistakes I'm not trusting his judgment.
Old 15 August 2008, 14:54   #58
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Untraceable starts pretty good. The last 30-40 minutes bored me, the end is lousy. Typcial Hollywood stuff.
Old 18 August 2008, 14:18   #59
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

well, I finally saw the Dark Knight yesterday.

What can I say? I was shocked. Impressed. I was expecting a fun Batman movie with a lot of action and what I got was a small masterpiece that has a villain with a depth I have not seen before in any movie. It is amazing how a fantasy world like gotham city can be made so realistic, especially the people living in it. I generally don't like movies that try to teach a lesson of morality (hollywood people have no morals to teach), but this is so well written that I can only love it.

I especially admire the way that they made a real attempt at hiding all the gruesome stuff like in any PG-13 movie, but it makes absolutely no difference; you still have the full experience because of the way the scenes are shot, the music is used and the convincing acting. I believe the movie is better like this than if they would have made it a gory mess, your mind is much better at visualizing what is missing than CGI could do for you. In other movies they simply make no attempt to include the psychological aspect. The only other movie I have seen that does this perfectly is the undervalued "the Bone Collector".

As for the topic of the old joker VS the new joker... I believe that they are two completely different characters and no comparison should be made at all. But where Jack Nicholson played his joker in a fun and very respectable burtonesque way, Heath Ledger really nails his chaos driven joker and actually becomes him. I am only too sorry that I can be so impressed by his acting skill after he died.

Now lets hope they can find a suitable actor to play the villain in the third movie, as I fear this is hard to top.
Old 18 August 2008, 16:27   #60
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Untraceable starts pretty good. The last 30-40 minutes bored me, the end is lousy. Typcial Hollywood stuff.
That's why ended up watching Stargate: Continuum.

If you haven't seen series (especially last 4 seasons) don't even bother to watch this movie, as you will have hard time to get whole story.

Love idea about different timelines and movie is nice addition to Stargate universe.
AdSense AdSense