English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 13 December 2012, 13:57   #221
Rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
I could never land a plane in any flight sim. I never got more than three missions in F-15 Strike Eagle II, because that's how many times they let you away with ejecting and ditching the plane over your own carrier.
I don't remember myself, but according to the F-15 Strike Eagle II manual, landing is supposed to be automatic.
Old 16 December 2012, 21:57   #222
Jonathan Drain

Supposedly there's an autopilot, but... I couldn't get that to work either.

*eject*
Old 18 December 2012, 23:43   #223
BuckoA51

Mike Singleton's Quake Minus 1 (C64) - I can't even remember the game that well other than it was really confusing.

Jeff Minter's Mama Llama (C64) - Never really understood the grid thing.

Raid 2000 (C64) - Mirrorsoft game where you had to stop an alien invasion, somehow, but the aliens seemed indestructable, there was some secret to it I never found.

Vulcan Software's Genetic Species (Amiga) - So I thought this was supposed to be sort of a 3D Paradroid. I'm playing it and suddenly the words "FOUND YOU" (or something similar) flash up on the screen and it's instant game over, wtf?!
Old 19 December 2012, 10:16   #224
demolition
Unregistered User

I think the topic applies to most of the games I had on the C64 back then, except maybe some simple platformers.

I tried Super Huey II the other day for C64, which was one of the games I never quite understood how to control. And I still don't. I cannot find the manual with the controls, but I've tried all keys and cannot figure out how to control it properly. I can increase engine rpm, but not slow it down. Sometimes I can adjust the blade pitch, sometimes nothing seems to work. Has anyone here played this game and could tell me how it works? I'd like to try it again.
Old 19 December 2012, 11:28   #225
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Alien (C64) - Budget game by Argus Press. I bought a copy, which came with a single sheet of instructions. I still couldn't figure out how to play it!
Perhaps this is helpful.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 December 2012, 11:58   #226
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Armour Geddon
Celtic Legends
Realms
(i sucked at english too)
funnily i didnt had any problems with Powermonger at all.
Old 19 December 2012, 14:27   #227
Rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I tried Super Huey II the other day for C64, which was one of the games I never quite understood how to control. And I still don't. I cannot find the manual with the controls, but I've tried all keys and cannot figure out how to control it properly. I can increase engine rpm, but not slow it down. Sometimes I can adjust the blade pitch, sometimes nothing seems to work. Has anyone here played this game and could tell me how it works? I'd like to try it again.
You can find the manual for it here;

http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/games/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Perhaps this is helpful.
[ Show youtube player ]
Thanks. I've seen that before and still can't figure out what I'm doing.
Old 20 December 2012, 16:30   #228
clownstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I still have no idea how to get out of the graveyard on Nightbreed: The Interactive Movie.
Snap. I'm sure no one knew!!
Old 20 December 2012, 20:08   #229
Boulder

Skool Daze comes first to my mind. I had no clue what the purpose of the game was so I just fooled around.
Old 27 December 2012, 23:18   #230
Oldskool Bitz

Is anybody able to complete the first stage of Magic Lines? Either the game is impossible, or I'm doing something wrong...

Old 27 December 2012, 23:38   #231
s2325
Zone Friend

Someone have same problem http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=712 There is trained Atari ST version http://thegamearchives.com/?val=0_2_..._86021_0_0_0_0
Old 28 December 2012, 00:01   #232
Oldskool Bitz

Thumbs up

Thank you. Guess I'll give that a try...
Old 28 December 2012, 09:00   #233
MrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckoA51 View Post
Vulcan Software's Genetic Species (Amiga) - So I thought this was supposed to be sort of a 3D Paradroid. I'm playing it and suddenly the words "FOUND YOU" (or something similar) flash up on the screen and it's instant game over, wtf?!
Bahahaha!

I'm guessing you activated the fire alarm in the room that's on fire (down a lift from the starting room), thinking that it would activate the sprinkler system, letting you advance. It doesn't, 'cause it's broken.

If you do that, then return to the starting room, it says this. (from super adventures in gaming)

And then it says this. I haven't got a clue where the hiding place is, what you get for finding it (other than not dying).

Leave the fire alarm alone.
Old 28 December 2012, 12:07   #234
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskool Bitz View Post
Is anybody able to complete the first stage of Magic Lines? Either the game is impossible, or I'm doing something wrong...

Yep I've done it, but the time limit is incredibly tight. I think there's an awful lot of luck involved. After level 1 it just gets harder!
Old 12 April 2013, 02:34   #235
s2325
Zone Friend

Indian Mission. I can:
- kill dog by punching
- take bullet, sword
- eat oversized apple
- open small door by punching
but nothing more, I can not even exit first location: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 April 2013, 10:29   #236
freon

Propably already mentioned already, but Terrorpods was very confusing game and i never understood what i was supposed to do. Video comments tells that i'm not the only one.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 April 2013, 17:42   #237
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Spindizzy Worlds: those baffling switches. Some sections theire were like 30 odd (ok, probably a slight exaggeration) round/square coloured switches and the sequence (?) always seemed random even after writing them down! Just never seem to click with me.

Oddworld series: I gave these up as a bad job. Times I got stuck trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing contributed to extra grey hairs.

Yet, I had no problems working out games like The Settlers (still my favourite of the series), Sim City, The Sentinel, to name a few.

I guess with some games; your brain makes the connection to unraveling problems/confusions. With others; your brain just likes to laugh at you.
Old 17 April 2013, 01:00   #238
Harry
HD Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy View Post
Spindizzy Worlds: those baffling switches. Some sections there were like 30 odd (ok, probably a slight exaggeration) round/square coloured switches and the sequence (?) always seemed random even after writing them down! Just never seem to click with me.
A hint for those switches: Selecting a square switch deactivates all other selected switches. Selecting a round switch leaves the current square switch alone and only changes the round switch state. In most cases you need a combination of a square and a round switch. So select a square switch and then a round switch and look what has been changed on the playing area. In some cases you also will get hints if you are near to some obstacles. Maybe this tip helps you now. In some later levels you have multiple tasks to switch, collect one gem, switch differently, collect another gem and so on.

Ah, and if you are new to this: Try the Easydizzy worlds first.
Old 20 May 2013, 18:07   #239
theugly

C64 game allowed?

I played Fist II for days (weeks possiblle... I didnt count) and was never able to finish it. Being a kid I guess it doesn't really matter I wasn't making progress after days playing

i recall dying without having a clue why.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 May 2013, 19:01   #240
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Ah, and if you are new to this: Try the Easydizzy worlds first.
That's just it.... I'm an old hand at this game LOL. Thanks for the tips though. My brain is now digesting it....