English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 14 June 2019, 20:15   #21
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggie View Post
Sorry. I don't have a mega account and can't pull down all the releases. I get quota exceeded.
Mega.nz has a 5GB per day download limit when using an anonymous / free account... wait until tomorrow to get more files.

...or to get around this use:
  • Google Chrome in "Incognito" mode.
  • TOR.
  • a VPN / proxy server.
  • etc...
Old 04 August 2019, 11:27   #22
peo

Are these supposed to be bootable [on the CD32] ? All i get is some loading from the drive, then a black screen that stays forever.

My CD32 boots other CDs (of same brand, burnt with the same program) without any problem. The Anthology-CDs are readable in Workbench (CF328 on the CD32, but I have tried without the expansion too), and I can force at least the Anthology 2 - Point & Click to load the menu (by assigning sys: to cd0:, and adding cd0:c to c:, then running the startup-sequence).

Same problem with both Anthology #1 (Psygnosis, Team 17) and #2 (Point & Click, Demos), didn't try #3 since those first 4 CDs were not working.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I have heard about the exact same problem for another trying, but have not found the reason/solution to this.

Also, all of them are named "CDTV_TEST" when they are recognized by WB.

/PeO

Last edited by peo; 04 August 2019 at 11:35.
Old 22 August 2019, 06:07   #23
Klonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by peo View Post
Are these supposed to be bootable [on the CD32] ? All i get is some loading from the drive, then a black screen that stays forever.

My CD32 boots other CDs (of same brand, burnt with the same program) without any problem. The Anthology-CDs are readable in Workbench (CF328 on the CD32, but I have tried without the expansion too), and I can force at least the Anthology 2 - Point & Click to load the menu (by assigning sys: to cd0:, and adding cd0:c to c:, then running the startup-sequence).

Same problem with both Anthology #1 (Psygnosis, Team 17) and #2 (Point & Click, Demos), didn't try #3 since those first 4 CDs were not working.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I have heard about the exact same problem for another trying, but have not found the reason/solution to this.

Also, all of them are named "CDTV_TEST" when they are recognized by WB.

/PeO
I have the exakt same problem. I also have tried to burn these two discs with the same result, twice. CD32 & beer and the 200 games compilation work though. It’s strange because I have not been able to find any more people describing this problem.
Anyone with more insight to this problem?
I am on a stock pal console.
Old 22 August 2019, 09:27   #24
Amigajay

Possibly could be the line i added to the startup-sequence so they booted on NTSC machines, they all boot fine on winuae on both pal and ntsc, but I will make a new Psygnosis disc with this line removed, if one you wouldn’t mind testing on real hardware and let me know if it works?

I’ll post again when i have it ready to download.
Old 22 August 2019, 15:13   #25
ransom1122

What happened to collection #2 ?
Old 22 August 2019, 16:18   #26
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
All sets are available via the link in the first post.
Old 22 August 2019, 19:31   #27
Klonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Possibly could be the line i added to the startup-sequence so they booted on NTSC machines, they all boot fine on winuae on both pal and ntsc, but I will make a new Psygnosis disc with this line removed, if one you wouldn’t mind testing on real hardware and let me know if it works?

I’ll post again when i have it ready to download.
Great, thanks!
I will test it as soon as I can after you post again. I am following this thread.
Old 22 August 2019, 19:53   #28
Amigajay

Ok I've uploaded it to my mega folder (root of the unofficial cd32 discs folder) just replace the iso with the old one and burn using the cue.

Let me know how you get on!
Old 22 August 2019, 21:29   #29
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
If you mean CDTV Collection 2 I was wondering that as well? It's deffo not there!
Old 22 August 2019, 21:32   #30
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
If you mean CDTV Collection 2 I was wondering that as well? It's deffo not there!
Wrong thread to ask, this is CD32!
Old 22 August 2019, 22:27   #31
Klonka

Quote:
Ok I've uploaded it to my mega folder (root of the unofficial cd32 discs folder) just replace the iso with the old one and burn using the cue.

Let me know how you get on!
I have tested it now. First of just so you know I had only tried burning the Team 17 disc and the Point & Click disc before.
I tried this now with your new ISO and it starts up as it should. So it seems like you might have found the problem =).
Then I tested 3 games and I only got one of them working. Barbarian 2 was working. Flink only gave me black screen (the menu music kept playing, I waited for a minute or so) Then there was one other game but I can't remember which one right now. It started the game with the psygnosis logo and so but then it got stuck on one off the logos.

I am burning my games on Taiyo Yuden discs in imgburn so media should not be the problem.
Old 22 August 2019, 23:04   #32
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonka View Post
I have tested it now. First of just so you know I had only tried burning the Team 17 disc and the Point & Click disc before.
I tried this now with your new ISO and it starts up as it should. So it seems like you might have found the problem =).
Then I tested 3 games and I only got one of them working. Barbarian 2 was working. Flink only gave me black screen (the menu music kept playing, I waited for a minute or so) Then there was one other game but I can't remember which one right now. It started the game with the psygnosis logo and so but then it got stuck on one off the logos.

I am burning my games on Taiyo Yuden discs in imgburn so media should not be the problem.
Firstly glad to know its booting now, unfortunately the other issues seem to affect some consoles and not other’s, i’ve heard Flink being an issue with someone before but i’ve had no trouble myself and others with it on real hardware, i think its a combination of old hardware, old lasers and random media formats all contributing, but its always worth with a cold start-up or the other way round putting the lid down after the boot screen.
Old 23 August 2019, 07:10   #33
Klonka

Not sure what you mean by "a cold start-up or the other way round putting the lid down after the boot screen.". I have tried rebooting if thats what you mean. Putting the lid down after boot screen = do you mean that I should open it up and close it when it gets stuck?

Any way, are you going to fix the other discs also now? Can you tell in this thread when they are done? Big thanks in advance! =)
Old 23 August 2019, 09:00   #34
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonka View Post
Not sure what you mean by "a cold start-up or the other way round putting the lid down after the boot screen.". I have tried rebooting if thats what you mean. Putting the lid down after boot screen = do you mean that I should open it up and close it when it gets stuck?

Any way, are you going to fix the other discs also now? Can you tell in this thread when they are done? Big thanks in advance! =)
Cold start = booting after turning system on first time.
And no if it gets stuck, reboot don’t replace disc! I meant put the disc in after the cd32 intro has finished, but likely this won’t effect your situation as its booting to the menu now anyway.

Well i can update them but there is alot and i’m busy decorating my house atm so it won’t be for a little while, but i’ll update here when i get around to it.
Old 23 August 2019, 09:55   #35
Klonka

Great thank you!
As long as it will be fixed I am gratefull =)
Old 23 August 2019, 15:03   #36
Amigajay

I found half hour to do the first 4 discs of Anthology 1 for you.
Old 23 August 2019, 15:20   #37
ransom1122

Yeah I meant cdtv anthology #2 . Wrong thread sorry
Old 23 August 2019, 18:49   #38
Klonka

Quote:
I found half hour to do the first 4 discs of Anthology 1 for you.
Thank you!