English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 July 2019, 03:38   #41
AmigaHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Some of spells are not on scrolls in game, that's why some are missing. E.g. AFAIR there's no recipe for Ven Potion.

There's no need for "switching", remember that mana quantity is limited and there is no need for free hand to cast spells. I have always throwing weapon in magic user hand just in case of out of mana.

Throwing and shooting is ninja skill, no matter what you throw or shoot.

You mean as item information? It's hidden as some skills and parameters (e.g. luck). Game system is more complex than it looks on first sight. You must observe what damage you does and base on this.

But if You want to be sure, here is list of item parameters on Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia page. But to fully understand these parameters You must read also this informations about statistics.
All the names and meanings of the runes were originally in the game manual. It's one of the "immersive" copy protection aspects of the game, where having the manual is kind of important to understand what you're doing. xD So yeah you should at least have the rune names and descriptions.

The spells themselves are found either in scrolls or through experimentation. Once you know the meaning of the runes it's actually pretty easy to experiment and figure out a ton of the spells. e.g. the fireball and heal potion spells for instance are easy to figure out on your own when you know the effect you want and you just combine the runes that make sense to do it.

Yes you can cast with a throwing weapon equipped, though if I remember correctly there are staffs/etc. that give spellcasting-related buffs if you have them as your equipped weapon. It's been a long time since I played.

One HUGE benefit I remember when playing is that you encounter objects that give mana to non-spellcasting characters -- e.g. Halk. Once you find one of these one of the first things you should do is make sure all your characters are trained up to basic spellcasting abilities. i.e. at least first level mage/priest. Not only does this open up good emergency heals (e.g. your spellcasters died but your fighter can whip up weak heal potions to get the bodies to the resurrection altar), but the added XP gives easy boosts to your fighters who would otherwise be struggling to gain stats at higher fighter levels. So throw the mana necklace or whatever on Halk and then have him try and fail to cast the easiest spells over and over until he levels up once in both classes, then you can take the item off and he'll have his own innate spellcasting ability and mana. =)

Another important thing to remember when ninja training is you can use the on-screen hand to just throw objects manually. The on-screen hand is the hand of the party leader, so just change party leaders (the highlighted of the four characters in the party-layout part of the screen) if you want to rapid train that person in ninja levels by just throwing crap rapidly.

The party-layout tool is ignored by most people which is a shame, as you can do some neat stuff like have your party walk back-to-back so you can attack front and behind you at the same time if you're surrounded.

Last edited by AmigaHope; 30 July 2019 at 03:50.
Old 22 September 2019, 07:45   #42
Mickoz

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Dungeon Master 2 is spoiled by the thieves? I find it so frustrating that they nick your shit and that they respawn as well. Grrr
Old 23 September 2019, 15:43   #43
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Dungeon Master 2 is spoiled by the thieves? I find it so frustrating that they nick your shit and that they respawn as well. Grrr
That is probably the worst mechanic in the entire game. Because it can happen without you noticing it for like an hour, good luck figuring out at that point where it was nicked and where the thief brought it to...
Old 23 September 2019, 20:25   #44
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
That is probably the worst mechanic in the entire game. Because it can happen without you noticing it for like an hour, good luck figuring out at that point where it was nicked and where the thief brought it to...
Thieves always bring your objects to the same place. Follow them and you will know where.
Old 24 September 2019, 00:18   #45
Mickoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
It’s almost a game spoiler for me. Frustrating AF
Old 24 September 2019, 08:15   #46
Solo Kazuki

As Meynaf said, there is only one place when they gather stolen items. Also respawn is here. Leave strong guardian minion in this place and second in entrance to this place to have some time without them.
Old 24 September 2019, 09:15   #47
Mickoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
As Meynaf said, there is only one place when they gather stolen items. Also respawn is here. Leave strong guardian minion in this place and second in entrance to this place to have some time without them.
Thanks for the tip
Old 24 September 2019, 15:38   #48
Thorham
Computer Nerd

You can also just kill the thieves