English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 November 2019, 20:37   #1
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Amiga Tanx

Greetings

Can someone fix an HDF version of AmigaTanx ?

That would be great
Smn is offline  
Old 24 November 2019, 23:22   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Heya Smn,

Welcome to EAB

Do you mean this: Tanx?

If so, yeah cool game that released on a coverdisk back in the day
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 November 2019, 00:22   #3
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Heya Smn,

Welcome to EAB

Do you mean this: Tanx?

If so, yeah cool game that released on a coverdisk back in the day


Hi, and "Tanx" for the welcome. Jupp, thats the one.

Got alot of memories from that game. would be nice to play it with WHDload
Smn is offline  
Old 26 November 2019, 16:16   #4
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Attached is a version I quickly whipped up that will work on your hard drive

...just extract from the .LHA file.

Last edited by DamienD; 26 November 2019 at 21:45.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 November 2019, 16:54   #5
jurassicman
Registered User

jurassicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bologna/Italy
Posts: 274
Cool! I have to check this out, thanks DamienD!
jurassicman is offline  
Old 26 November 2019, 21:45   #6
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Attached is a version I quickly whipped up that will work on your hard drive

...just extract from the .LHA file.
When I quickly slapped this together today at work I had to be quick...

Now that I'm home; I've realised that I accidently left in some of the "Challenge Golf" demo folders in the archive.

All cleaned now so grab the new / smaller archive here

I've tested on the following without issue:
  • Workbench 3.1.
  • ClassicWB Lite 3.1.
  • 68020 CPU.
  • 68030 CPU.
  • 68040 CPU.
Attached Files
File Type: lha TanxV1.1.lha (221.7 KB, 58 views)
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 18:19   #7
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
When I quickly slapped this together today at work I had to be quick...

Now that I'm home; I've realised that I accidently left in some of the "Challenge Golf" demo folders in the archive.

All cleaned now so grab the new / smaller archive here

I've tested on the following without issue:
  • Workbench 3.1.
  • ClassicWB Lite 3.1.
  • 68020 CPU.
  • 68030 CPU.
  • 68040 CPU.
Thanks! much appreciated
Smn is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 18:24   #8
wiz12
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 222
This game reminds me of Scorched Tanks, does it support serial play?
wiz12 is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 18:45   #9
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Attached is a version I quickly whipped up that will work on your hard drive

...just extract from the .LHA file.
Looks like I have some problems running it.

For some reason, it cant find Tanx-Title.dat file

They are in the same directory.

Did I miss something..?
Smn is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 18:49   #10
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smn View Post
Looks like I have some problems running it.

For some reason, it cant find Tanx-Title.dat file

They are in the same directory.

Did I miss something..?
Weird, maybe you had an extraction issue?

"Tanx-Title.dat" is definitely in the .LHA archive:



Try extracting again with LHA or LHZ
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 19:06   #11
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Weird, maybe you had an extraction issue?

"Tanx-Title.dat" is definitely in the .LHA archive:



Try extracting again with LHA or LHZ
Ok,I used Dopus , I will test with LHA and LHZ
Smn is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 19:39   #12
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smn View Post
Ok,I used Dopus , I will test with LHA and LHZ
I also used Dopus when testing

What OS are you using; I only tested on 3.1...

Anyone else besides Smn having issues with this?
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 19:57   #13
Smn
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oslo/Norway
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I also used Dopus when testing

What OS are you using; I only tested on 3.1...

Anyone else besides Smn having issues with this?
My Os is classic wb 3.1 , all the files are inn the same directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tanx.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	65339  
Smn is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 19:59   #14
tero
Registered User

tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: M'Gladbach
Age: 42
Posts: 592
Tried on 1200er 3.1.4, the file is in the folder but game quits right after start with the message 'can't find title page. it has to be in the same path'
CD'ing into the folder first doesn't change this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1200er-real-1911271957-02.png
Views:	47
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	65340  
tero is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 20:18   #15
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smn View Post
My Os is classic wb 3.1 , all the files are inn the same directory.
I don't know what to say, as mentioned in a previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I've tested on the following without issue:
  • Workbench 3.1.
  • ClassicWB Lite 3.1.
  • 68020 CPU.
  • 68030 CPU.
  • 68040 CPU.
About to have dinner, will test again afterwards.
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 20:28   #16
jurassicman
Registered User

jurassicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bologna/Italy
Posts: 274
Tested on my 060 and it doesn't start... I get a black screen and I have to reboot....
jurassicman is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 20:30   #17
Nightshft
Registered User

Nightshft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Austria
Age: 44
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
This game reminds me of Scorched Tanks, does it support serial play?
Hey Wiz12,
check out AmigaLive which essentially is FSUAE including Games, everything modded for Onlineplay (quite easy to use once you know the quirks). One person starts a server and the other(s) can join. It features ScorchedTanks, Tanx, Worms and more.
Nightshft is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 20:39   #18
tero
Registered User

tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: M'Gladbach
Age: 42
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I don't know what to say, as mentioned in a previous post:
Maybe the file in the archive is corrupted?
tero is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 20:48   #19
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,884
Ok, so just tested via WinUAE (as I don't have real hardware) with the following using 68020 / 68030 / 60840 CPUs and all worked perfectly:

"Workbench 3.1" clean install:





"ClassicWB Lite 3.1" clean install:





I've done nothing special, just copied the required Tanx files from "Tanx v1.1 (1991-08)(Robertz, Gaz)(PD)[Amiga Action disk #14].adf" and used "KillAGA" to start the game.

I'm not sure what to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
Tested on my 060 and it doesn't start... I get a black screen and I have to reboot....
I never tested on a 68060 so can't say what would happen here.

Last edited by DamienD; 27 November 2019 at 20:54.
DamienD is offline  
Old 27 November 2019, 21:05   #20
tero
Registered User

tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: M'Gladbach
Age: 42
Posts: 592
I tried copying the files from "Tanx v1.1 (1991-08)(Robertz, Gaz)(PD)[Amiga Action disk #14].adf" myself, but it doesn't work either.


Snoopdos is complaining about the file "Tanx-Title.dat", but the file is in the drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1200er-crop-1911272102-01.png
Views:	51
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	65341  
tero is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TANX squadron rmcin329 Games images which need to be WHDified 0 18 September 2008 01:48
Tanx n Stuff Heavy Stylus request.Old Rare Games 3 15 August 2008 01:09
Tanx and Lemmings Avanze support.Games 2 13 October 2004 21:10
Found -> Tanx IanMac Looking for a game name ? 3 25 June 2002 16:57
Tanx 'n' stuff Shatterhand Nostalgia & memories 0 24 June 2001 02:40

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10301 seconds with 16 queries