English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 March 2014, 22:02   #61
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I'll be happy to merge in a sequence of commits as long as the end result (I mean the state of the head commit) is good. No reason to lose history unless you want to / have a good reason to coalesce commits If you start experimenting with unrelated features, it's best if you keep the scp work in a separate branch so I can pull from that.
This is a good idea, I have put the SCP-related changes in branch scp. I will keep master branch tracking yours, and rebase the scp branch on top of that when I pull from you.
Old 15 March 2014, 00:54   #62
JimDrew

Well... great news! Kaffer's code works amazingly well! I have made image files of various copylock protected disks and they all load just fine. I tested various protection types and even made an image of Obitus and that also works! There were two programs I found that did not work, but I think the changes that were made by Kaffer after Toni made me a beta WinUAE version will likely correct those two programs. It's an amazing feat guys! At this point, it looks like we will be able to image anything MFM based for the Amiga and use it under the UAE family.

I am extremely happy with the efforts made by Kaffer (and Toni) to get this support made available. There are going to be a lot of happy people! Thank you!
Old 16 March 2014, 20:22   #63
Keir

I'm happy with the patches in https://github.com/keirf/fs-uae/tree/scp now, tested with quite a few images including variable-density tracks (Copylock). Seems all good!
Old 16 March 2014, 21:32   #64
JimDrew

I have tested nearly 100 images now with WinUAE beta (0315). The few programs that did not work with WinUAE apparently do work fine with latest code that Kaffer released in FS-UAE. When the latest code is merged into WinUAE I can retest those programs. There are now several thousand SCP images of protected disks, and will analyze and test all of them to verify that all of the images are perfect. Thanks again for making this support!
Old 17 March 2014, 03:37   #65
Abaddon

Looking forward to testing the scp support in WinUAE. I received my Super Card Pro earlier this week, but am waiting for my floppy drive to take it for a test drive. I didn't want break down my kryofluxx setup as I am still archiving disks.
Old 17 March 2014, 18:25   #66
r.cade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I have tested nearly 100 images now with WinUAE beta (0315). The few programs that did not work with WinUAE apparently do work fine with latest code that Kaffer released in FS-UAE. When the latest code is merged into WinUAE I can retest those programs. There are now several thousand SCP images of protected disks, and will analyze and test all of them to verify that all of the images are perfect. Thanks again for making this support!
Cool. Where can these several thousand images be found?
Old 17 March 2014, 19:16   #67
JimDrew

I won't provide any images due to copyright issues, but they are available if you do some searching. I have seen several sites that are hosting .scp images (for all disk types, not just Amiga).
Old 17 March 2014, 19:41   #68
r.cade

PM me if you know of some sites. I couldn't Google anything about SCP images. Too much noise with SSH file copying tools.
Old 21 March 2014, 18:53   #69
JimDrew

Now that WinUAE officially supports .scp images, we can probably close this thread. Thanks again, Toni!
Old 21 March 2014, 19:49   #70
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I can close if you really want it but I think this thread can be used to post any scp support source update news etc..
Old 21 March 2014, 20:07   #71
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Or since the title is "Real disks images in WinUAE" we might want to add, that this can now also be done with KryoFlux FREE which has been announced here. No additional hardware needed _and_ you get very small disk image files which will not only load in WinUAE but also many other emulators.

Just get the downloads:

http://www.kryoflux.com/download/kffree_amiga_3.7.zip
http://www.kryoflux.com/download/ipfdec5_binary_win.zip

Here's the full news:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=72971

Enjoy!
Old 22 March 2014, 03:02   #72
JimDrew

Ok, we can keep in open. I changed the title of the thread.
Old 22 March 2014, 09:12   #73
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thread had to be closed due to complains about it.