English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 21 June 2005, 16:59   #1
ableeker

How to use QuarkTex 0.51?

I came across QuarkTex 0.51, but I'm not sure how to use it. I've read the included ReadMe.txt, and downloaded QuarkTex and installed it. I've also downloaded and installed StormMesa, and the OpenGL demos.

However, if I try to run one of the demos in WinUAE 1.0, it complains it can't open PowerPC.library. Does it need that? And does this mean it doesn't run on 68k cpu's? It says on the site: QuarkTex is a Warp3D & StormMESA to OpenGL wrapper for WINUAE.

So I'm a bit at a loss here, and hope somebody here can help me out. What does QuarkTex do? And how do you install and run it?

Cheers,

Aldo Bleeker

Old 21 June 2005, 17:11   #2
ableeker

So far I have done this (quoted from the ReadMe.txt):

You need a complete AmigaOS (I guess 3.0 or higher, only tried with 3.9) installation for WinUAE to use QuarkTex. If you have this ready, copy the alib directory (including the QuarkTex.alib) into your WinUAE directory and copy Warp3D.library into your libs directory in your AmigaOS installation (start WinUAE, mount your Windows HD, boot AmigaOS and copy the file from your Windows HD to your emulated Amiga HD). To enable StormMESA support, download the original StormMESA package by Haage&Partner, install it and then replace the agl.library in your libs directory with the agl.library included in the QuarkTex archive.

I'm using WorkBench 3.1.

ReadMe.txt also says this:

You can also place QuarkTex.alib in the winuae_dll directory, like other WinUAE plug-ins do.

Does anybody know what the winuae_dll directory is?

Cheers,

Aldo Bleeker

Old 21 June 2005, 20:37   #3
RetroMan

Just put it into your WINUAE folder on HD