English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 November 2011, 16:40   #1
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Turbo chameleon 64 with minimig core

Hey all,

I got a turbo chameleon for my c64 about 4 or so months ago and just yesterday found out that you can put a minimig core on the FPGA to make it act as an Amiga 600!
So, this was great news and I decided to download all the files and what not. I put a kickstart v3.1 (Amiga 600, 512kb) on the root of the sd card and even an HDF prepared by another user since for some reason winuae prepared HDFs don't work..
So I launch the core and minimig boots boots to a blue screen, no kickstart screen or anything. So I open the minimig menu and change the settings so it should boot off of HDF. Then the I'm told to reset the minimig, so I click ok and nothing happens. So I hard reset it and try loading an adf, which also require reset to boot. Again, nothing happens..
I'm kind of stuck on what I should do, should I try a different kickstart? I know that a 3.1 kick is compatible because I saw a video on YouTube of somebody using one. Maybe it doesn't like my version of the kick? Am I missing some setup step maybe on the chameleon options themselves?

Anyway, thanks for any help anybody can offer!
Old 02 November 2011, 22:50   #2
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Well, good news! I finally found a kickstart that works after about 3 try's... It turns out to be a modified 3.1 for A600 out of the tosec collection. yeah yeah, I should have done a grab...copyright...and so on.. But the thing is that only this modified kickstart worked, which I never would have gotten my hands on otherwise. So anyway, I hope this information can be useful to anybody else out there. Sorry for starting a thread, but I really thought it was a bigger problem since minimig wouldn't even reset!