English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 March 2018, 14:46   #1
Seiya

Hardisk Games with problems

in working on my GameBase collection dedicated to Amiga Games installed on Harddisk i found some problems in assigns don't detected, ignored and other things.

Now i have partly resolved, but i found problem with:

Indy3: The Manual said: to install the game copy the content of the three disks in HD and run from it.
With various cracked versions don't work because the game search "disk 1" and also with assignement continue to ask this disk.
I revolved with IPF, but it is not what i wanted because i/you lost the time to read the manual to search the code protection.

Hired Guns: It is the same. With IPF is ok, but with various cracked version after regolar installation and assign, the game open with red screen and floppy disk that search diskettes.

I would like insert many more titles that today there isn't because i found this problem to run it with in mostly case assigns ignored
AdSense AdSense  
Old 21 March 2018, 14:51   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
Indy3: The Manual said: to install the game copy the content of the three disks in HD and run from it.
With various cracked versions don't work because the game search "disk 1" and also with assignement continue to ask this disk.
I revolved with IPF, but it is not what i wanted because i/you lost the time to read the manual to search the code protection.
All cracked Indy 3 versions I've seen so far use a (rather dirty) crack patch which needs to be copied and run from HD as well. Check startup-sequence on disk 1 to see how this file is called (it's usally just a very small binary).
Old 21 March 2018, 15:07   #3
Seiya

Sorry, it's not assign, it was crack code protection about Italian version. It require Translation note also with crack.
I used ipf version so, at leat it works and with this text file you can play with it.
Old 21 March 2018, 15:17   #4
meynaf
son of 68k

Hired Guns isn't especially easy to crack. I don't remember the details but i should have a working HD version somewhere ; I can probably zone it to you if you want.
Old 21 March 2018, 15:22   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

There were lots of non-working Hired Guns versions indeed. But the game wasn't really hard to crack if you just took a bit of care.
Old 21 March 2018, 15:28   #6
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

HG has several hidden inside protection checks, I remember Scott Johnston was very proud of it. But I also remember I had a working cracked version that I completed.
Old 21 March 2018, 15:30   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

So have countless other games. Usually the coders of the protections totally overestimated the quality of their protections.

Edit: I have cracked HG as well after noticing the bad cracks back in the day (TM) and it didn't take me long. And I've completed the game too.
Old 21 March 2018, 15:32   #8
AMIGASYSTEM

Seiya had not already discussed and solved the problem on site italian Amigapage?

Script:
Assign "Indy 1:" ""
Indy

Indiana Jones III HD Start

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 March 2018, 16:59   #9
Seiya

yes, but, i remember better that was italian crack version that don't work properly.
Old 21 March 2018, 17:02   #10
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Hired Guns isn't especially easy to crack. I don't remember the details but i should have a working HD version somewhere ; I can probably zone it to you if you want.
i used ipf version and it seems not require code protection, however, if you have cracked working games better to have it.
I don't know if this game, as original, at some point require code to go on.
Old 21 March 2018, 17:18   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
yes, but, i remember better that was italian crack version that don't work properly.
No, the request for the disk "Indy 1" it was created on some crack (Italian),the original game does not ask for the disc "Indy 1". Even some English crack do not require disk. If you are a little 'practical with a hexadecimal editor you can delete the disk request on the crack file.
Old 21 March 2018, 19:39   #12
Seiya

no, you don't understand now.
i refering to Translate notes, che code protection that doesn't work even with crack.
Old 21 March 2018, 20:58   #13
AMIGASYSTEM

Non capisco, scrivi in italiano !
-------------------------
I do not understand, write in Italian!
Old 21 March 2018, 21:23   #14
Seiya

ho detto che la versione craccata italiana non funziona il crack come si deve e devi usare uno speciale manuale che contiene i codici di protezione. Quindi ho usato i file IPF per evitare di fare assign, ma poi devi perdere un sacco di tempo a usare questi codici che sono anche po' subdoli da interpretare (la tabella codici originale non può essere letta via pdf, era un foglio di carta particolare).
Old 21 March 2018, 21:29   #15
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
ho detto che la versione craccata italiana non funziona il crack come si deve e devi usare uno speciale manuale che contiene i codici di protezione..
No, la versione craccata Italiana funziona benissimo se metti l'assign, se invece lo modifichi con un editore esadecimale funziona anche senza assign, nel mio video allegato sopra ho usato la versione craccata italiana con l'assign.

-----------------------------------

No, the Italian version works very well if you put the assignment, if instead you modify it with a hexadecimal editor it works even without assignment, in my attached video above I used the Italian version with the assignment.
Old 21 March 2018, 21:32   #16
malko

Even if French release : Indy3 working from HD
Old 21 March 2018, 22:05   #17
Seiya

Another game that refuse to start is Pinball Prelude. From floppy and WHD works perfecly, but installed on hd, no.
it doesn't find present, future and past table! Also the same errors usinga Amiga iso cd-rom
AdSense AdSense