English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 July 2005, 00:51   #221
Thalion
Amiga Collector

First let me say that i love amigasys. It's a great thing to have wb 3.9 running on an EMU.
But i hav eone question for future releases. Will it be possible to update the an existing amigasys install or will one have to install it entirely new when it will be released?

Greetz
Thalion
Old 28 July 2005, 03:02   #222
glwxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion
First let me say that i love amigasys. It's a great thing to have wb 3.9 running on an EMU.
But i hav eone question for future releases. Will it be possible to update the an existing amigasys install or will one have to install it entirely new when it will be released?
yes, that's a good question... people ARE using these package for their individual needs, that means they always customize their desktop, mail addresses, whatever... Installing a complete new enviroment (hardfile) cannot be considered as an "update", you know.

Old 01 August 2005, 13:58   #223
Halvare

Hi all,
Sorry for the n00b question but I've just bought a old 1200 and was wondering if this OS would port on to it?

Don't know know if it's breaking the law etc, but feel free to flame grill me

MOO!

Old 01 August 2005, 14:34   #224
Thalion
Amiga Collector

First it's no OS. It's only an preinstalled WB with many enhancements. Most of those Programs should run on a bare 1200. But you'll get problems with programs wich need a graphics card or a faster preocessor so i wouldn't try installing Amigasys as a whole packa on a bare A1200.

Greetz
Thalion
Old 01 August 2005, 14:55   #225
Halvare

1200 isn't a bare bone 'puter....

has a 4GB HD
Blizard 1230 MK-IV Accelerator with 16MB

What ya think?

Old 01 August 2005, 19:43   #226
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Most of the tools should work. Just the ones needing a Graphics card won't run. Everything compatible with aga is fine so it won't be that beatiful as the screenshots cos they are with picasso graphics but it should still be usefull but i guess the install of the package itself will fail but i actually never tried it.

Thalion
Old 09 August 2005, 07:07   #227
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000
Can you believe it. Someone is selling AmigaSys on eBay.
Here a link. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...206342968&rd=1
We should complain to eBay.
AmigaSYS 2 now again in ebay eh ...

http://search.ebay.de/HAVE-A-FULL-AM...OURQ20PCQ21Q20

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAVE-A-FULL-AMIG...QQcmdZViewItem

Eh.
Old 09 August 2005, 09:34   #228
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Just reported it. Do the same. Then eBay will remove it.
Old 19 August 2005, 05:53   #229
amigalizard

compatible with cloantos amigaforever?

I'm loving amigasys 2 with wb 3.1

I'm seriously considering buying cloanto's amiga forever 6.0 download edition.
This edition is supposed to come loaded with the equivelent to amigaos3.9 but with anything of questionable legality that was in 3.9 removed. Also because it's a download edition, there is no cdrom. Does this mean that if I purchase amiga forever I will not be able to upgrade amigasys 2 to 3.9? If not, any thoughts about fixing that for people like me?

For more info about amiga forever 6.0 and OS3.9 being included here is the link:

http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/5-107.html

I love amigasys 2!
Thank you for making it available to the community.

Old 19 August 2005, 13:39   #230
BippyM
Global Moderator

don't bother paying for ami forever 6 download!

If you must have legal OS3.9 then simply buy WB3.9
Old 19 August 2005, 16:57   #231
amigalizard

where?

where would I buy wb 3.9? I've looked around without luck on search engines and e-bay.

Old 19 August 2005, 19:54   #232
amigalizard

Actually, I found wb3.9 from software hut for $47. Cloanto's download edition is $30- a better value if their claims of it containing 3.9 are true. Anyone know how it compares? Also back to my original question- will there be any way to get the 3.9 upgrade on amigasys 2 or 3 to install if someone only owns cloanto's download edition of 6.0, which is supposed to include 3.9?
I'm actually sort of interested in supporting cloantos product if possible, but will buy wb3.9 instead if that's the only way to get amigasys to upgrade.
Thx

Old 19 August 2005, 20:24   #233
Dary

AmigaSYS 3 is currently under construction. We are developing a completly new installer system.

The 3 Steps of The OS 3.9 installer and the incompatibility of the different OS 3.9 CDs are no longer existing.

Everything will work now automaticaly with a special program, created and licenced only for AmigaSYS 3!

Now if you insert the Amiga OS 3.9 CD in any CD Drive, the Installer will automaticaly start with a requester and with your answer you can directly upgrade the system and the themes included.

The installer is currently in the testing periode :

H&P OS 3.9 Versions (100% working)
Cloanto Amiga Forever 6 CD version (under construction)
Cloanto Amiga Forever 2005 CD version (under construction)

Last edited by Dary; 21 August 2005 at 22:57.
Old 26 August 2005, 11:45   #234
Dary

AmigaSYS 3 , AmigaOS 3.9 The installer is currently in the testing periode :

H&P OS 3.9 Versions (100% working)
Cloanto Amiga Forever 6 CD version (under construction)
Cloanto Amiga Forever 2005 CD version (under construction)
+ NEW Cloanto Amiga Forever 2005 Online Edition (WIP)
Old 26 August 2005, 13:27   #235
NLS

a simple question

Since you make a "live" version based on knoppix, why don't you go all the way and make it able to use a (pc) ramdisk? (like MiniPE-XT for example as "I heard")

I find it stupid to have to use disk partiton on stand-alone CD system, now with the huge RAM everybody has, esp. if you don't need to SAVE anything for later (just play a game or something).

Think about it for AmigaSYS3...

If the workbench availability is the problem then just make the user accept that he has a valid workbench and throw responsibility on him.

Old 26 August 2005, 16:23   #236
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

I just installed AmigaSYS 2....awesome graphical interface and all that.....

My big concern is that it works for one minute then quits WinUAE 1.0.0.0 or whatever....the newest version from WinUAE afaik....and I downloaded that just 3 days ago

Anyroads....it seems to be unstable on my Sempron 2600+/1GB RAM/GeForce4MX

Just thought I'd let you know
Old 04 September 2005, 18:48   #237
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS
a simple question

Since you make a "live" version based on knoppix, why don't you go all the way and make it able to use a (pc) ramdisk? (like MiniPE-XT for example as "I heard")

I find it stupid to have to use disk partiton on stand-alone CD system, now with the huge RAM everybody has, esp. if you don't need to SAVE anything for later (just play a game or something).

If the workbench availability is the problem then just make the user accept that he has a valid workbench and throw responsibility on him.
I dont know exactly , ill send your question too AmigaSYS Linux Developer dude.
Old 04 September 2005, 18:49   #238
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mindie
I just installed AmigaSYS 2....awesome graphical interface and all that.....

My big concern is that it works for one minute then quits WinUAE 1.0.0.0 or whatever....the newest version from WinUAE afaik....and I downloaded that just 3 days ago

Anyroads....it seems to be unstable on my Sempron 2600+/1GB RAM/GeForce4MX

Just thought I'd let you know
I dont know this problem , write to the WinUAE 1.0 topic.
Old 02 October 2005, 12:14   #239
nebulah

Legal status

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS
a simple question

a 'simple' answer

I'm not quite sure what the legal status of this "MiniPE-XT" is. It's prolly not legal to distr. any version of Windows is it? Secondly, the way I build this whole koppix-like setup, everything is perfectly legal and people can get it up without much problems (in my oppinion). Suggestions or questions are allways welcome, as long as you try to come up with a reasonable solution yourself.

Greetz,
NebulaH
(aka Niels)

PS: It's intended for virtual-(portable)-amiga use, not only for retro gamers!

Old 18 October 2005, 22:33   #240
werfer

Problem with installation - Help!!

Hi there,

just installed AmigaSYS 2.0 onto my Windows 2000. Worked well until I got to "Update3.9". First and Second Step did not seem a problem, but after the third step, although he told me that everything had been successful and that I only needed to reboot - after that, Amiga does not come up anymore. I get a boot screen telling me:

AMIGA ROM Operating System and Libraries
Copyright ...
All Rights ...
C:LoadMonDrvs: Unknown Command

He then continues by opening an error message saying:

Preferences
Can't load font diamond.font

If I click away the error messages, I finally arrive at a f*ked up screen looking something like a very basic Amiga. I checked my C:, and indeed the command LoadMonDrvs is not there.

Can someone help me? Do I have to re-install the whole thing? What did I do wrong, and how can I avoid it happening again??

Greets

Werfer