English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 May 2013, 11:30   #2121
jvdw007

Anyone know if the height can be doubled somehow?
Using a non default screen res makes the image stretchy and blurry as Jens previously mentioned it would due to the monitor scaling, so this isn't really a great option..
Old 01 May 2013, 12:22   #2122
AmigaCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Copy all the files to any folder on the Amiga HDD and then set the script bit for the Install file. On my Amiga, it wasn't set even though I extracted the LHA file directly on the Amiga.
Erm, sorry - I don't follow. Do I have to use the shell to install? Which command?

I've copied all the files to another drive (PCMCIA), but I just get errorcode 10.

Wish I didn't bother buying this unit - I'm having nothing but problems with it. Did any of you guys have any problems right out of the box? I've got no output whatsoever to any of my LCD monitors....

Old 01 May 2013, 12:36   #2123
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Extract and copy this script inside the Indi config drawer and doubleclick on it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AGAMK2_cfg_install.rar (3.7 KB, 136 views)
Old 01 May 2013, 12:54   #2124
AmigaCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Extract and copy this script inside the Indi config drawer and doubleclick on it.
Fantastic! Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try.

Old 01 May 2013, 13:21   #2125
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdw007 View Post
My main problem so far has been that I can double the horizontal lines and it almost fills the entire width, but the height I am unable to double. This makes it useless for gaming, so does anyone know how to double the height in the Indi config?
In the config tool, next to the option 'Double' there are two buttons. The left one controls the vertical doubling, the right one doubles the horizontal lines. Set the right one to something other than 'off' and your image will be twice the height.

Edit: If you need 4x scaling, this cannot currently be done. Use a lower output resolution and let the monitor scale the rest of the way.
Old 01 May 2013, 13:22   #2126
AmigaCollector

I've just swapped over to my backup Workbench CF drive that has more room (my main drive's Workbench is full). The config tool is fully installed. The Indy appears to be working - the tool seemed to write something to the card's firmware when I changed the settings.

I've switched to 1024 x 768 60Hz in VGA mode, and I'm running Amiga PAL mode. I'm using my 1084 to change the settings, but when I swap I'm still getting nothing out of my LCD monitor.... Can anyone recommend anything?

Settings in the config tool are:

Amiga: Pal
VGA: 1024x768 60Hz
Clock 65.158
H-FREQ: 48.480
V-FREQ: 60.148
Pixels: 1024
Lines: 768
H-Offset: 0
V-Offset: 0
Width: 724
Height: 283
Double: Hires / Lines
Output: DVI
VSYNC: Off
G: <Greyed out>

Last edited by prowler; 01 May 2013 at 23:21. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Old 01 May 2013, 13:40   #2127
jvdw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
In the config tool, next to the option 'Double' there are two buttons. The left one controls the vertical doubling, the right one doubles the horizontal lines. Set the right one to something other than 'off' and your image will be twice the height.

Edit: If you need 4x scaling, this cannot currently be done. Use a lower output resolution and let the monitor scale the rest of the way.
Yeah I've done that on the screen you see there demolition. Thanks anyway, but it seems I'll have to live with it as-is or use a non-standard screen res which will look blurry and horrible.

@Jens
I'm curious as to why you are able to "double" the horizontal width by going from "Hires" to "S-Hires", yet you can't do similar for vertical? That would solve the problem I have and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this issue? As in the screenshot, the vertical is already set to "Lines". With it set to "Off" it looks like a postbox shaped screen, ie half the height you see in the pic.

Last edited by jvdw007; 01 May 2013 at 16:21.
Old 01 May 2013, 16:12   #2128
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi amigacollector see my post 2025
Old 02 May 2013, 01:01   #2129
jvdw007

Since I am unable to attach more images due to my UserCP saying it's full (how do I delete attachments anyway?!), I'll provide the images on my DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99655gqmagrhrwm/mjenElHs6T

From Left to Right:
I was unable to get anything working or even displaying on two 1440x900 monitors and found the only way to get any sort of image again was to delete all the prefs in Devs:Indivision and restore to the default using the default Flash utilityIvMK2Flash.lha. I then installed the IndyMK2Cfg.lha and left it as is.
As you can see in the first two pics, this was the default 1440x900 out of the box setting.
The last two images shows when I "doubled" the horizontal and vertical using S-Hires and Lines. Again, not a very good use of space and clearly some severe red line issues.
I then thought screw this and tested with 800x600. Even though it's not "optimal" for the monitors I tested with, it still turned out ok. I tweaked some settings which make it fill a much larger area of space, as can be see in image 3 and 4 (Sysinfo and Protracker).
I decided to leave it as-is as it's not the best solution, but is certainly usable as-is.
My Indi 800x600 60hz settings for anyone that might find it useful is:
Clock: 39.909
H-Freq: 37.792 - V-Freq: 60.178
Pixels: 800 - Lines: 600
H-Offset: 50 - V-Offset: 0
Width: 924 - Height: 323
Double: Hires Lines
Old 02 May 2013, 01:13   #2130
DH
Global Moderator

Go to UserCP scroll down a bit and on the left under the heading Miscellaneous click on attachments, there you'll be able to select what you want to delete.
Old 02 May 2013, 10:13   #2131
jvdw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Go to UserCP scroll down a bit and on the left under the heading Miscellaneous click on attachments, there you'll be able to select what you want to delete.
Thanks DH. Sending you a PM.
Old 04 May 2013, 10:25   #2132
AmigaCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi amigacollector see my post 2025
Thanks John - I'm still getting zero output. I reckon I've got a faulty board here. I've just never got an output to any of my VGA monitors. I sent it back to AmigaTech almost as soon as it arrived in September - they charged me to have it fixed (there was a damaged track, that I didn't do), said it was working fine, and sent it back to me in February. Unfortunately, we've just moved across the country so my Amigas were in Storage until a month ago. I've been trying since then to get this thing working, with not a lot of help from AmigaTech. I've asked for a replacement, but I have to confirm if the board I have is working, and this I've proved via Jen's Config Tool. But I still don't have an output to my VGA monitor!

This is a bloody joke - I'm $AUS250 out of pocket as it is, and I still don't have what I paid for - a working AMIGA VGA display!

Last edited by AmigaCollector; 04 May 2013 at 10:34.

Old 04 May 2013, 11:28   #2133
Schoenfeld
electricky.

AmigaCollector,

I remember your case, and I have all the documentation on file: The Unit was repaired for a very low fee, and it was marked to be especially delicate in the corner where you (or someone else) damaged the track. Damaging the track in the first place took quite some mechanical force, and if that has happened in your surroundings, I should have known in advance that it's not enough to hand over the unit with the words "it's delicate equipment".

It seems like you're the kind of customer that I won't be able to satisfy. I'll make sure that you'll get a refund. Our expectations of a working B2C relationship are too different; Please do me a favour and don't buy my products any more in the future.

Jens
Old 04 May 2013, 11:55   #2134
NovaCoder

Jens,

Any ETA on the next core update or config tool update?

Thanks
Old 04 May 2013, 12:01   #2135
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Jens,

Any ETA on the next core update or config tool update?

Thanks
Let them time... they have to make a nice working 800x600 mode and to get the Graffiti support
Old 04 May 2013, 15:56   #2136
lantus360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post

It seems like you're the kind of customer that I won't be able to satisfy. I'll make sure that you'll get a refund. Our expectations of a working B2C relationship are too different; Please do me a favour and don't buy my products any more in the future.

Jens
stay classy Jens
Old 04 May 2013, 17:55   #2137
AmigaCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
AmigaCollector,

I remember your case, and I have all the documentation on file: The Unit was repaired for a very low fee, and it was marked to be especially delicate in the corner where you (or someone else) damaged the track. Damaging the track in the first place took quite some mechanical force, and if that has happened in your surroundings, I should have known in advance that it's not enough to hand over the unit with the words "it's delicate equipment".

Jens
Jens - it's not your product that I've got an issue with, it's AmigaKits woeful customer service. The Indy didn't work from out of the box, and I tested it for a week on various monitors, before I sent it back. I'm very careful with all of my machines, and I've got a large collection of various 1980s computers that I regularly maintain. I have no idea how the track got damaged, but I can confirm that I didn't do it. I'm not sure how much you charged AmigaTech, but the repair ended up costing me $AUS60, with postage.

AmigaTech's support immediately blamed me for damaging the Indy, and wouldn't listen to my side of it. They've been really unhelpful and actually bloody arrogant. They just seem to jump to conclusions and fly off the handle. I've had nothing but fragmented and barely useful advice from them. Providing technical help to customers has to be an end to end process, with easy to follow steps to an end result of getting the product working and the customer happy. It would really help if either AmigaKit or yourself directed buyers of your products to sites like this if the vendor can't offer constructive advice, or don't have the resources or training. As it stands AmigaTech can't offer any useful advice at all - and to make matters worse they're snippy, rude and unprofessional. With the experience I've had since September, I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

Having said that, I'm bloody determined to get my Indy to work. That's why I'm looking for alternative help from this site. I can see that other people are getting somewhere with it, and it's a great product. If I get nowhere this week though with my Indy, I really would appreciate a refund.

Last edited by AmigaCollector; 05 May 2013 at 11:45.

Old 05 May 2013, 02:00   #2138
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaCollector View Post
Jens - it's not your product that I've got an issue with, it's AmigaTech's woeful customer service. The Indy didn't work from out of the box, and I tested it for a week on various monitors, before I sent it back. I'm very careful with all of my machines, and I've got a large collection of various 1980s computers that I regularly maintain. I have no idea how the track got damaged, but I can confirm that I didn't do it. I'm not sure how much you charged AmigaTech, but the repair ended up costing me $AUS60, with postage.

AmigaTech's support immediately blamed me for damaging the Indy, and wouldn't listen to my side of it. They've been really unhelpful and actually bloody arrogant. They just seem to jump to conclusions and fly off the handle. I've had nothing but fragmented and barely useful advice from them. Providing technical help to customers has to be an end to end process, with easy to follow steps to an end result of getting the product working and the customer happy. It would really help if either AmigaTech or yourself directed buyers of your products to sites like this if the vendor can't offer constructive advice, or don't have the resources or training. As it stands AmigaTech can't offer any useful advice at all - and to make matters worse they're snippy, rude and unprofessional. With the experience I've had since September, I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

Having said that, I'm bloody determined to get my Indy to work. That's why I'm looking for alternative help from this site. I can see that other people are getting somewhere with it, and it's a great product. If I get nowhere this week though with my Indy, I really would appreciate a refund.

Please correct this post, as its completely incorrect. Jens reported to us that it was damage by you. We then passed this information on to you.

Not once did we refuse to help you. It was sent to Jens for inspection after we tested it to confirm your issue. When it came back from Jens after repair we tested it again and confirmed it was now working. It was then sent to you after you paid for Jens's repair bill.

I was'nt being snippy at all. I was just trying to explain that I didnt create the archive, which you were telling me I didnt supply the install script for.

Please check your ticket, hopefully you should be able to get it working.

Last edited by FOL; 05 May 2013 at 02:25.
Old 05 May 2013, 07:58   #2139
AmigaCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Please correct this post, as its completely incorrect. Jens reported to us that it was damage by you. We then passed this information on to you.

Not once did we refuse to help you. It was sent to Jens for inspection after we tested it to confirm your issue. When it came back from Jens after repair we tested it again and confirmed it was now working. It was then sent to you after you paid for Jens's repair bill.

I was'nt being snippy at all. I was just trying to explain that I didnt create the archive, which you were telling me I didnt supply the install script for.

Please check your ticket, hopefully you should be able to get it working.
I didn't say you refused to help me, but what instructions you've given me so far have been incomplete and garbled. "Not sure why you are blaming me for it not having an install script." That's doesn't sound like professional customer service, does it?

Reflashed back to the original cores, I took my Amiga to a PC shop to try it on their monitors, just to make sure it wasn't one of my LCDs causing an issue. It actually works, but only on 1 out of 4 monitors in the shop. I've bought a brand new monitor that works happily with the Indy.

I must have had the Indy out of my machine a score of times before I've got up to this point. Messing this much with 20+ year old computers is a good way to kill fragile, old technology. I really appreciate being able to retrofit old computers and keep them working with contemporary tech, and I've added USB ports and SD hard drives to my even older BBC Micros, which are a breeze. But this whole process has been bloody unnecessarily difficult. It's pretty easy to implement a step by step list of instructions that would avoid all of this, and more importantly not stress old circuitry.

Last edited by AmigaCollector; 05 May 2013 at 08:13.

Old 05 May 2013, 16:10   #2140
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Config tool V1.1 and cores V2.6 released:
http://www.icomp.de/products/AGAmk2/MK2_CFG_V11.lha

changes in config tool:
The complete config can now be saved to a single file. This will make it easier to exchange configurations from user to user. An example file for a 1280x1024 monitor is included. You can either load a specific config from a file, or you can load the "last saved config", which can be seen as an "undo" function.

A default config can bow be set, which uses a "safe" screenmode for every Amiga-screenmode. This function can be seen as a "reset", in case you want to start from a clean starting point.

changes in cores:
- counters for upper and lower padding areas have been corrected: The number of lines on the output side is now correct, even if black borders need to be added at the top and bottom.

- if the output side has reached the end of pixel data in memory, it has ended the line prematurely. This lead to an unexpected increase of output frequencies. These new cores now insert black pixels until the user-set number of output pixels is reached. In other words: Even if you enter an insanely large output window that the Amiga does not output, the frequency that the config tool displays will be met.

- the blue colour component was shifted to the right - fixed in this core.

- the lower 4 bits of the green colour component was taken from the neighbouring pixel, which is also fixed in V2.6.

- the critical path of pixel data going into and out of the memory chip has been shortened: The flickering vertical red line does not appear any more.

- some power settings of the FPGA were way too high. These have been reduced to the required minimum, so the FPGA does not crash any more when higher pixel clocks are being used.

- the two rightmost pixels of the screen were not displayed at all, which is corrected in V2.6. If you still see a vertical red line at the right border, then this is an indicator that you are trying to view a part of the screen that is already way outside the overscan
area. Although the Amiga does not output this line the way that Indivision dosplays it, we will NOT fix this. Instead, you should set the output window size to a sane amount of pixels that comes halfway close to what the Amiga is generating. Another way of fixing that red line is to use the tool "BorderBlank" which can be found on Aminet. This will also get rid of the red line.

known problems:
- V-Syncing still is not implemented
- Graffiti emulation is not yet implemented
- screenmodes are not properly recognized on some systems

We will continue to work on that, but first, I want to close all open support cases.

Jens