English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 June 2006, 17:30   #1
z00mba

Genetic Species (iso or audio tracks)

I have the free version Marble Eyes' did released on Aminet but I just realised there were also audio tracks on the CD that they are not present on this version.

Marble Eyes also had the tracks converted to MP3 to download from their site but while the page is still up there is no trace of the files (all links are dead by now).

So if anyone have the original CD, the MP3 or the ripped tracks I'd be really grateful if I could get them so I can remaster the CD and finally hear those musics.
Old 17 June 2006, 09:38   #2
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Ah yes the Danish game im proud of, lol
I have the original CD release so no problem making a clone for you as I believe the game is freeware since years ago?

what format you want the clone in? bin/cue, ccd ?? I'll upload it onto my server once i know
Old 17 June 2006, 09:57   #3
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
I have the original CD release so no problem making a clone for you as I believe the game is freeware since years ago?

what format you want the clone in? bin/cue, ccd ?? I'll upload it onto my server once i know
The Danish Game your proud of ???.. what did you make it?.. if you did, then i bow in your presence.
Old 17 June 2006, 11:54   #4
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:

Yeah CloneCD is good, is there any subchannel data ?
Old 17 June 2006, 12:00   #5
z00mba

Ah thank you TheBoss, anyway Blade002 kindly sent me a copy of the CD.
If anyone want a copy I'll can put it online as soon as I receive the package.

whiteb: I'm not sure what you mean by subchannel data, the CD is composed of a data track and a few audio tracks. So a simple ISO (or a bin/cue) is enough to get it to works.

Quote:
This game is ace really. It's a shame Marble-Eyes couldn't sell it more. I believe the peoples who didn't like it were awaiting for another Doom/Quake silly frenetic action game, but GS is much more than that. Of course the graphics, animation and sound are really cool but the gameplay, atmosphere and the overhall game style are what really make it so interesting imo. Maybe it's the only first person "shooter" (well it's not exactly a shooter imo) on the Miggy that have a real "Amiga style" the other productions being PC game ports or wanabees-but-failed-miserably.

Last edited by z00mba; 17 June 2006 at 12:10.
Old 17 June 2006, 13:54   #6
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00mba
This game is ace really. It's a shame Marble-Eyes couldn't sell it more. I believe the peoples who didn't like it were awaiting for another Doom/Quake silly frenetic action game, but GS is much more than that. Of course the graphics, animation and sound are really cool but the gameplay, atmosphere and the overhall game style are what really make it so interesting imo. Maybe it's the only first person "shooter" (well it's not exactly a shooter imo) on the Miggy that have a real "Amiga style" the other productions being PC game ports or wanabees-but-failed-miserably.
Very nicely put Zoomba. I never thought of it that way before!. Yes Genetic Species was very much an Amiga Style game and wasnt trying to copy any of the mainstream Doom clones out there. Plus it had that great Bioshifter feature where you could take over the bodies of your enemies and become them.
Old 23 June 2006, 16:54   #7
z00mba

Genetic Species *FULL* version with audio tracks is online now.

http://vampires2006.free.fr/