English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.EAB File Server

Old 27 March 2019, 13:00   #2301
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Turran, sorry for asking, but did you slow down the server speed? I ask because I have a 5 Mbps connection, but when I download I can only reach the average of 80 Kbps.

By coincidence that was since I changed my laptop, and I'm not sure what's happening. HTTP transfers are normal but transfers to your FTP are slow. (the login itself is fast)

No. Nothing changed here. Do you have your own FTP account or do you log in with the anonymous "ftp" account? The anonymous account is locked to 50kb/sec.
Old 27 March 2019, 13:01   #2302
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
No. Nothing changed here. Do you have your own FTP account or do you log in with the anonymous "ftp" account? The anonymous account is locked to 50kb/sec.
I have my own account!
Old 27 March 2019, 13:07   #2303
Turran

Then I have no clue. Try ftp.sunet.se and see if its slow to there as well. If so, its slow to Sweden in general =)
Old 27 March 2019, 16:37   #2304
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Turran, sorry for asking, but did you slow down the server speed? I ask because I have a 5 Mbps connection, but when I download I can only reach the average of 80 Kbps.

By coincidence that was since I changed my laptop, and I'm not sure what's happening. HTTP transfers are normal but transfers to your FTP are slow. (the login itself is fast)

Could be your ISP throttling the FTP traffic, using "traffic shaping" tools. Another possibility is that you download using a browser which handles FTP poorly or has broken toolbar plugins.
Old 27 March 2019, 22:48   #2305
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrobert View Post
Could be your ISP throttling the FTP traffic, using "traffic shaping" tools. Another possibility is that you download using a browser which handles FTP poorly or has broken toolbar plugins.
I called my ISP and they said they did not do traffic shaping. But here in this Wikipedia link says that my Internet provider (Sercomtel) does. Here in my country this "still" is a crime, but I do not know how long it will continue to be...

To access the server I use FileZilla.

For you guys to have an idea, they sold me a new, supposedly better, internet plan for my home, but the FTP speed has not improved, it's still the same ...

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 28 March 2019 at 11:24.
Old 30 March 2019, 14:15   #2306
Seiya

i cannot more access server from ftp. i have this error from FTP manger in Directory Opus for Windows

FD_CONNECT - WSACCESS: permission denied

from browser and from FileZilla all is ok

from Filezilla, however i can explore FTP, but not download because said me that my maximun connection from my ip to this server is "1" and download is denied because ftp client cannot connect to server.

Last edited by Seiya; 30 March 2019 at 14:28.
Old 02 April 2019, 00:04   #2307
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
i cannot more access server from ftp. i have this error from FTP manger in Directory Opus for Windows

FD_CONNECT - WSACCESS: permission denied

from browser and from FileZilla all is ok

from Filezilla, however i can explore FTP, but not download because said me that my maximun connection from my ip to this server is "1" and download is denied because ftp client cannot connect to server.

When it comes to filezilla, you need to configure it to use 1 connection only. By default, it tries to use 2 so that you can browse around while transferring files and that does not work with the anonymous "ftp" account.

Edit: tried Directory Opus 12 for Windows. No problems connecting here. Make sure you uncheck "anonymous logon" and type "ftp" as username with any password.
Old 03 April 2019, 21:30   #2308
Falcon57

Hello,
I have uploded some files in ~Upload zone under my name Falcon57

Games - Public Domain
Boomfinder 2 (1994)(Soft Brains)(AGA)(FW)[h Floppy International]

Demos - Packs
Bloodparty Invitation Pack (1990-04-08)(Bloodsuckers)

Last edited by Falcon57; 05 April 2019 at 21:49.
Old 04 April 2019, 17:19   #2309
Seiya

[QUOTE=Turran;1314184]When it comes to filezilla, you need to configure it to use 1 connection only. By default, it tries to use 2 so that you can browse around while transferring files and that does not work with the anonymous "ftp" account.[quote]

ok, i try

Quote:
Edit: tried Directory Opus 12 for Windows. No problems connecting here. Make sure you uncheck "anonymous logon" and type "ftp" as username with any password.
from Directory Opus is all ok in config. i use username and password, but don't work.
Old 23 April 2019, 09:38   #2310
Turran

Ok, I have to ask. Not because I'm greedy or want money for the FTP service. I am only curious...

When looking at the donations link at the top here, I can see 25-35 donations per month on average. On the FTP, I've gotten 4 in total over almost 2 years (2 from one person, heh).

So I'm just curious if people donate on the web page thinking it goes to the FTP as well or what is going on =)

Again, I do not expect donations.

Last edited by Turran; 23 April 2019 at 10:09.
Old 23 April 2019, 10:11   #2311
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Thought that the donation link was for all EAB (site, ftp, hol, jukebox, etc.). It seems that this is not the case then....
Old 23 April 2019, 10:24   #2312
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Thought that the donation link was for all EAB (site, ftp, hol, jukebox, etc.). It seems that this is not the case then....

That is what I thought might be the reason. Thanks for verifying it =)

Perhaps we should clarify that somewhere. The "Donate with Paypal" from this link goes to the FTP only: http://grandis.nu/eab
Old 23 April 2019, 12:05   #2313
Leandro Jardim

Hi. I have uploaded some key files I found on the net in my folder. It's the best key file collection which I ever found. My upload folder is LeandroJardim.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 23 April 2019 at 12:24.
Old 01 May 2019, 21:47   #2314
Falcon57

Hello,
I have uploded a file in ~Upload zone under my name Falcon57

Games - Public Domain
RocketZ v1.0 (1994)(The Farm)(AGA)(PD)[h Floppy International]
Old 19 May 2019, 20:12   #2315
Turran

I am in the process of replacing the hardware that the EAB FTP file server is on. I've started a live vMotion migration and it should not be noticeable. If the FTP goes down, you know why and I'm working on it =)
Old 19 May 2019, 20:26   #2316
chip

Turran, can you please inform us when ALL it's done ?

Really thanks, chip
Old 19 May 2019, 21:09   #2317
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I am in the process of replacing the hardware that the EAB FTP file server is on. I've started a live vMotion migration and it should not be noticeable. If the FTP goes down, you know why and I'm working on it =)
Thanks for all your hard work in maintenance and personal monetary cost involved my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Can any of the top 30 downloads (and anyone else who appreciates this service) donate to Turran in order to help pay for hardware upgrades / running costs?

I know for a fact that Turran has only received 4 donations in total over the past 2 years, and two of these were actually from me...

There are probably well over 100 people that use this frequently; if everyone of you actually donated say €10 then I'm sure this will really help Turran going forward

Thank you.

Last edited by Turran; 20 May 2019 at 11:39.
Old 20 May 2019, 02:17   #2318
Dunny

Just tried to donate, but all I get is an expired token error.
Old 20 May 2019, 08:24   #2319
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Will do, but feel free to keep using it. It should not impact on anything. Unless something breaks.. One of the reason I'm migrating it is that one of the Raid5 arrays have a broken disk so we are running degraded at the moment. Always scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Thanks for all your hard work in maintenance and personal monetary cost involved my friend.

Can any of the top 30 downloads (and anyone else who appreciates this service) donate to Turran in order to help pay for hardware upgrades / running costs?
Appreciate the nudge DamienD =)
#1 on your list is actually one of the other 2 donators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Just tried to donate, but all I get is an expired token error.

Thats weird. With the link at the bottom from http://grandis.nu/eab ?
Where did you click?

Last edited by Turran; 20 May 2019 at 08:30.
Old 20 May 2019, 11:15   #2320
Dunny

I clicked DamienD's link. I'll try the one on the FTP site. What can I say? It was late