English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 07 May 2012, 17:04   #61
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I suppose I could make it possible to to custom input mapping to map keys/buttons to the fullscreen toggle action. I just didn't think it was useful, since often the reason one switches to window mode is to use the keyboard (in another application) anyway
Hehe - true, but I was feeling lazy whilst lying on bed and seemed like a lot of effort to get up to fullscreen SpeedBall2! lol - interestingly, the centre (X) button is not a programmable button to my knowledge as it won't register on the device options screen either?

EDIT: For those who have a PS3 controller, you can utilise a program called MotionJoy to allow you to use this via USB or bluetooth! It will also allow the PS3 controller to 'emulate' an XBOX 360 controller which works seamlessly with FS-UAE! Now I can be super lazy and be even further from screen playing via bluetooth! ... Just need that ALT-TAB hehe - I think MotionJoy might allow such a combination to map to a button!

Last edited by lesta_smsc; 08 May 2012 at 02:13.
Old 08 May 2012, 22:17   #62
yesplease

Hi Frode,
I am on a Mac 10.7, if I resize the window, it becomes completely white. So resizing
the window effectively does not work on mac. Happens in 1.2 and 1.3.3.

But I found a workaround:

step 1: resize the window to the size you would like to have, it becomes white.
step 2: alt+ENTER to go fullscreen
step 3: again alt+ENTER to leave fullscreen -> and voila, the window has graphic in the size you have chosen in step 1

Maybe you could easily solve this by hooking in the code into the window resize event which you run through when leaving fullscreen?

thank you very much for your work, had much fun so far with it.

Dan
Old 08 May 2012, 23:05   #63
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Hi Frode,
I am on a Mac 10.7, if I resize the window, it becomes completely white. So resizing
the window effectively does not work on mac. Happens in 1.2 and 1.3.3.

But I found a workaround:

step 1: resize the window to the size you would like to have, it becomes white.
step 2: alt+ENTER to go fullscreen
step 3: again alt+ENTER to leave fullscreen -> and voila, the window has graphic in the size you have chosen in step 1

Maybe you could easily solve this by hooking in the code into the window resize event which you run through when leaving fullscreen?

thank you very much for your work, had much fun so far with it.

Dan
OK, then it requires a context re-creation on resize to work properly. And yes, the solution is what you suggested -Running SDL_SetVideoMode and re-creating opengl context on window resizing should fix the problem. I'll fix it in the next development release!

EDIT: should be fixed in 1.3.6: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=818137&postcount=32

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 May 2012 at 13:26.
Old 14 May 2012, 13:00   #64
yesplease

Hi Frode,
feature request. When you are within the F12 on-screen-menu, as far as I understand it, if you want to insert disks into drives df0: to dfn:, you have first to define them as disk-images in the fs-uae config file. While this is quite nice to have the ability to put them into the order as you like them to be, this is not so important for me. I would like to specify or have a standard folder like "automatically_bounded_floppy_images". That way you could just drop the ADF files into that folder and it auto recognizes them and you can choose them in the onscreen menu. Just make them appended to the on-screen-list of the manually specified images. What do you think ?

Dan

Last edited by yesplease; 14 May 2012 at 15:30.
Old 14 May 2012, 21:21   #65
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Hi Frode,
feature request. When you are within the F12 on-screen-menu, as far as I understand it, if you want to insert disks into drives df0: to dfn:, you have first to define them as disk-images in the fs-uae config file. While this is quite nice to have the ability to put them into the order as you like them to be, this is not so important for me. I would like to specify or have a standard folder like "automatically_bounded_floppy_images". That way you could just drop the ADF files into that folder and it auto recognizes them and you can choose them in the onscreen menu. Just make them appended to the on-screen-list of the manually specified images. What do you think ?

Dan
The explicit disk image list is of course very useful for frontends and launchers. I have gotten other similar requests already, and it is fairly trivial to add a feature such as the one you suggest, so I'll probably do it (Of course, ideally with scrollable list and button repeat, but that could come later).
Old 14 May 2012, 21:35   #66
yesplease

Ah now I see the reason for the explicit list. Its when you want launch a dedicated program disk directly without to go via the F12 menu. Okay then when we add the implicit list at the end of the explicit list, we would not loose anything, and we win flexibility and easyness , right?

Thank you so much, this is really fun!!

Last edited by yesplease; 14 May 2012 at 22:08.
Old 18 May 2012, 20:13   #67
joufflu

Hello,

I am not sure this feature is really supported at this time...
On a Macbook,with a A4000 Picasso 96 configuration (coming from Amiga Forever), after enabling full screen mode (and setting 1150*1080) I tried to set the screen mode in Amiga OS at the same resolution, but FS-UAE crashed

It would be interesting to support more than 1280*1024 in order to have a fullscreen workbench

Please find the log of the crash:

Quote:
using SDL_FULLSCREEN mode
setting (fullscreen) video mode 1680 1050
setup_opengl
lost keyboard focus
- releasing input grab
got keyboard focus
- had input grab, re-acquiring
SetSwitch() - amiga
BEAMCON0 v = 32 (0x0420)
- bit 5
gfx_set_picasso_state 0
-- stub -- target_graphics_buffer_update
PAL mode V=49.9201Hz H=15575.0799Hz (227x312+1) IDX=10 (PAL)
> 74 36 640 480
gfx_set_picasso_colors 4
RTG conversion: Depth=4 HostRGBF=6 P96RGBF=4 Mode=7
SetGC(1680,1050,16,1)
gfx_set_picasso_modeinfo 1680 1050 16 4
gfx_set_picasso_colors 4
FIXME: setting p96vblank to 50.0
P96FREQ: 312*49.9201 = 15575.0799 / 50.0 = 311
Caught illegal access to (unknown) at eip=00332d50
Many thanks for your help and work !
Attached Files
File Type: txt A4000 copie.txt (1.8 KB, 227 views)
Old 18 May 2012, 21:10   #68
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joufflu View Post
(...)I tried to set the screen mode in Amiga OS at the same resolution, but FS-UAE crashed

It would be interesting to support more than 1280*1024 in order to have a fullscreen workbench
Please find the log of the crash:
Many thanks for your help and work !
Hi, I managed to reproduce the crash with 1.3.8 (row map was not updated after reallocating larger buffer), it is fixed and the fix will be included in development version 1.3.9!
Old 19 May 2012, 09:32   #69
joufflu

Thanks for your quick fix !!! :-)
Old 20 May 2012, 10:36   #70
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline View Post
Hi, Another suggestion: an "always visible" (EDIT: always on top) mode for the FS-UAE window
Cheers
Regarding this feature, would it be sufficient to set the window mode on startup only, or is a toggle function necessary for it to be useful?

Quote:
Hi Frode,
It would be nice to see the floppy/hard drives activity
(in windowed & full-screen modes)
Hi, with the most recent development versions it is possible to make themes showing disk activity. (Not for hard drives, yet though, but that is easily added).

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 20 May 2012 at 11:52. Reason: it *is* possible to make themes showing disk activity...
Old 20 May 2012, 11:50   #71
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Regarding this feature, would it be sufficient to set the window mode on startup only, or is a toggle function necessary for it to be useful?
Hi! One or the other (on startup should be enough in a first time )

Quote:
Hi, with the most recent development versions it is not possible to make themes showing disk activity. (Not for hard drives, yet though, but that is easily added).
You meant that it's possible i think (for floppy drives at least).
Btw, do you think that the theme feature is 100% compatible with Net Play? (e.g.: different themes/overlay images for each player)
Thanks
Old 20 May 2012, 11:56   #72
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Hi! One or the other (on startup should be enough in a first time )
Yes, I may implement this (for startup) on platforms where it is quick to implemented.

Quote:
You meant that it's possible i think (for floppy drives at least).
Btw, do you think that the theme feature is 100% compatible with Net Play? (e.g.: different themes/overlay images for each player)
Thanks
Yes, it *is* possible -And it will not interfere with net play. Options such as scaling modes/options, shaders, scanlines, overlays, themes, fullscreen/window mode are safe to use with net play, and players can have different settings.
Old 20 May 2012, 14:37   #73
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Yes, I may implement this (for startup) on platforms where it is quick to implemented.

Yes, it *is* possible -And it will not interfere with net play. Options such as scaling modes/options, shaders, scanlines, overlays, themes, fullscreen/window mode are safe to use with net play, and players can have different settings.
Thanks I hope some net play improvements soon
Old 25 May 2012, 12:05   #74
Psicopatico

Greetings,

I just recently discovered FS-UAE and I love it

I've an issue: when I get to the menu (F12), I can't navigate it down, but only up to che close, (un)mute and aspect ratio buttons.
That way I can't reach the other sub-menus, like changing floppy images I set up.
I've checked both the configuration and log, and the down key seems correctly set up.
This happens with either the latest stable (1.2.1) release as well as with the latest developement (1.3.9) release.

Any thoughs?

Old 25 May 2012, 15:25   #75
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
HELP !!

Got one little problem :

i'm using a Sd Card (my Real A1200 3.9 OS system) and i'm using it with fs-uae regularly with an usb card-reader.

No problem ..BUT ! since many many release ... i can't write on the first partition , chmod is 777, others partition ok, but not first !!! don't know why

My system :
HD0 : WB 3.9
HD1 : UTILS
HD2 : JEUX
HD3 : DEMOS

Everything PFS3 (060 direct scsi version) formated.

it happend with the real SdCard and with an .HDF file of this system.

don't know what to do ...
Old 25 May 2012, 19:39   #76
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicopatico View Post
Greetings,

I just recently discovered FS-UAE and I love it

I've an issue: when I get to the menu (F12), I can't navigate it down, but only up to che close, (un)mute and aspect ratio buttons.
That way I can't reach the other sub-menus, like changing floppy images I set up.
I've checked both the configuration and log, and the down key seems correctly set up.
This happens with either the latest stable (1.2.1) release as well as with the latest developement (1.3.9) release.

Any thoughs?
Just to be clear, the problem is with the keyboard? I.e. the down cursor key does not work in the menu? Please add more information if you can think of anything relevant. Does it work when emulating a joystick? Also important, please attach your log file, and we'll take it from there!

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 25 May 2012 at 19:47.
Old 25 May 2012, 19:48   #77
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
i'm using a Sd Card (my Real A1200 3.9 OS system) and i'm using it with fs-uae regularly with an usb card-reader.

No problem ..BUT ! since many many release ... i can't write on the first partition , chmod is 777, others partition ok, but not first !!! don't know why

My system :
HD0 : WB 3.9
HD1 : UTILS
HD2 : JEUX
HD3 : DEMOS

Everything PFS3 (060 direct scsi version) formated. it happend with the real SdCard and with an .HDF file of this system.
Do you know which version it last worked in? It would be useful to know which version broke it, and also if you could verify that is still works in the "old version", while it does not work in "old version + 1". In addition, the log file is always useful...
Old 25 May 2012, 20:23   #78
Psicopatico

Quote:
Just to be clear, the problem is with the keyboard? I.e. the down cursor key does not work in the menu?
Exactly. Looks like cursor down key is not working at all in the menu, but it is correctly recognized and working in the emulated system.
Other cursor keys (up, left and right) and the enter key are fine.

Logfile is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FS-UAE.log.txt (30.8 KB, 239 views)

Old 25 May 2012, 20:43   #79
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicopatico View Post
Exactly. Looks like cursor down key is not working at all in the menu, but it is correctly recognized and working in the emulated system.
Other cursor keys (up, left and right) and the enter key are fine.

Logfile is attached.
Very strange problem indeed. Fortunately, I have implemented a little debug aid - try to set FS_DEBUG_INPUT before launching fs-uae:
Code:
export FS_DEBUG_INPUT=1
fs-uae
Then press up and down keys a few times, both with and without the menu open, quit and post the log file again. First, check that the last part of the log file contains information about pressed keys, and try not use many other keys, so the log file is not spammed with irrelevant info )
Old 25 May 2012, 20:51   #80
Psicopatico

Done. New logfile is attached.

Looks like the emulator doesn't get a single time a "DOWN" key event from SDL.
Even more, every expected "DOWN" gets mis-matched as a "KP_ENTER" (numeric keypad enter).

Weirdo.

[EDIT] SDL problem?
Just to clarify, here's relevant packages installed:
Code:
~# rpm -qa|grep SDL
libSDL-devel-1.2.14-13.1.i586
libSDL_sound-1_0-1-1.0.3-76.1.i586
libSDL_ttf-2_0-0-2.0.9-162.1.i586
libSDL_sound-devel-1.0.3-76.1.i586
libSDL_image-1_2-0-1.2.10-6.1.i586
libSDL_mixer-1_2-0-1.2.11-8.1.i586
libSDL-1_2-0-1.2.14-13.1.i586
libSDL_net-1_2-0-1.2.7-161.1.i586
SDL_net-devel-1.2.7-1.175.i586
Attached Files
File Type: txt FS-UAE.log.txt (39.2 KB, 223 views)