English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 12 March 2012, 00:36   #81
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I replaced the links to alpha1 with alpha2. A minor update only: joystick port mode is properly updated on the main menu for other players if one player changes joystick port mode.
Thx With these updates, do you think that it's still useful to use the "dummy mouse" & "dummy joystick" controllers in the config file?
Old 13 March 2012, 17:17   #82
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline View Post
Thx With these updates, do you think that it's still useful to use the "dummy mouse" & "dummy joystick" controllers in the config file?
Yes, it is still useful. In reality, the option joystick_port_0 is more like two-options-in-one, but I may split this into two separate options:
Code:
joystick_port_0 = Logitech F310
joystick_port_0_mode = joystick   (this option does not exist yet)
The point is that when you specify joystick_port_0 = Logitech F310, two things happen:
* FS-UAE emulates an Amiga joystick connected to joystick port 0
* Logitech F310 is set up to control the device in joystick port 0

similarly, joystick_port_0 = Mouse means:
* FS-UAE emulates an Amiga mouse connected to joystick port 0
* The host mouse is set up to control the device in joystick port 0

dummy mouse means:

* FS-UAE emulates an Amiga mouse connected to joystick port 0
* No host device is set up to control the device in joystick port 0

and dummy joystick means:

* FS-UAE emulates an Amiga joystick connected to joystick port 0
* No host device is set up to control the device in joystick port 0

Adding joystick_port_0/1_mode might make the configuration more easily understandable.

When you want to play, say 2 player Lotus with net play (player 1 has a Logitech F310, and player two has a speed-link competition pro, you must now configurate:
Code:
player 1:
joystick_port_1 = dummy joystick

player 2:
joystick_port_0 = dummy joystick
joystick_port_1 = Speed-Link Competition Pro
If I add the extra options, you would achieve the same with:
Code:
player 1:
joystick_port_0_mode = joystick
joystick_port_1_mode = joystick
joystick_port_1 = 

player 2:
joystick_port_0_mode = joystick
joystick_port_1_mode = joystick
joystick_port_0 = 
joystick_port_1 = Speed-Link Competition Pro
Same result, but perhaps easier to understand? (note that joystick_port_0_mode and joystick_port_1_mode is the same for both players, only the input devices differ). Anyway the joystick port modes are synchronized in net play now, so I don't think mismatched input configuration will cause desyncs anymore.

So if you want to, you can actually skip configuring input ports -both players could have the same config file -if both players configure one input port each (with the new input config menu) after starting the game.
Old 13 March 2012, 18:46   #83
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
So if you want to, you can actually skip configuring input ports -both players could have the same config file -if both players configure one input port each (with the new input config menu) after starting the game.
Thanks.
Old 14 March 2012, 13:22   #84
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

1. This feature can be useful:

Access control rights. The server can be set up with rules regarding which player can send specific input events etc.

And of course this one: Regarding the new input menu: While it allows you to map a host joystick to amiga mouse (and vice versa), this does not work yet.

2. I've tried to use my old config files (from V0.9.11beta3) with the latest version (0.9.13alpha1/2):

Player 1:
joystick_port_1 = keyboard

Player 2:
joystick_port_0 = keyboard

It doesn't work anymore. All players seem to use the same controller.
Of course I can change the controllers inside the emulator, but it's not exactly what I want I like predefined settings for each player (+ sometimes the possibility to change these settings at one time in a game)
Old 14 March 2012, 17:32   #85
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
1. This feature can be useful:

Access control rights. The server can be set up with rules regarding which player can send specific input events etc.

And of course this one: Regarding the new input menu: While it allows you to map a host joystick to amiga mouse (and vice versa), this does not work yet.
Coming later

Quote:
2. I've tried to use my old config files (from V0.9.11beta3) with the latest version (0.9.13alpha1/2):

Player 1:

Player 2:

It doesn't work anymore. All players seem to use the same controller.
Of course I can change the controllers inside the emulator, but it's not exactly what I want I like predefined settings for each player (+ sometimes the possibility to change these settings at one time in a game)
I can confirm this problem: It's a bug in the new input handling in the alphas where keyboard is (mistakenly) be mapped to joystick_port_1 when specifying dummy joystick. I have quite a bit more work to do today, but I think I'll manage to squeeze out a new test release with this fix (and some other fixes) later this evening.
Old 14 March 2012, 19:57   #86
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Coming later

I can confirm this problem: It's a bug in the new input handling in the alphas where keyboard is (mistakenly) be mapped to joystick_port_1 when specifying dummy joystick. I have quite a bit more work to do today, but I think I'll manage to squeeze out a new test release with this fix (and some other fixes) later this evening.
Good, i've not tested many other combinations yet, but I'll report all other issues (especially if the original config files don't work anymore)
Old 16 March 2012, 13:33   #87
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
fs-uae-netplay-server.py is installed and running in my server, but per exemple if i connect with player 1 and disconnect (crash for exemple) i cannot reconnect !

i don't know how to restart auto the server if one or more clients crashed...
Old 16 March 2012, 13:44   #88
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
fs-uae-netplay-server.py is installed and running in my server, but per exemple if i connect with player 1 and disconnect (crash for exemple) i cannot reconnect !

i don't know how to restart auto the server if one or more clients crashed...
Hi

The server does not yet have any features apart from the strictly minimum necessary to make net play itself work. When the game is over, the server exits. It is not currently designed to run permanently (you can think if it as a fully working prototype if you will).

However, it is very easy to do a "hack" to make it "run permanently" -for instance creating a small shell script (or python script) which runs the server command in an infinite loop.

Edit: for example something like this ("run-forever.sh"):
Code:
#!/bin/sh 
while :
do
python fs-uae-net-play-server.py
done

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 16 March 2012 at 13:57.
Old 16 March 2012, 15:20   #89
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
will test that thx
Old 18 March 2012, 16:11   #90
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Hi Frode!

This config works now :

Player 1:

Player 2:

This one doesn't work anymore :

Player 1:
joystick_port_0 = dummy mouse
joystick_port_1 = mouse

Player 2:
joystick_port_0 = mouse
joystick_port_1 = dummy mouse

Emulator: latest version (0.9.13beta4)

Thanks for your help & updates!
Old 18 March 2012, 18:31   #91
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:

Player 1:
joystick_port_1 = mouse

Player 2:
joystick_port_0 = mouse

Thanks for your help & updates!
Thanks for reporting it. I have fixed it and will release a new beta shortly
Old 18 March 2012, 19:29   #92
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:

Player 1:
joystick_port_1 = mouse

Player 2:
joystick_port_0 = mouse

This should now be fixed in 0.9.13beta5:
http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
Old 18 March 2012, 19:46   #93
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
This should now be fixed in 0.9.13beta5:
http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
Thx
Old 18 March 2012, 20:23   #94
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Problem with games like Lemmings/The Settlers: the second mouse pointer is not visible/usable (Lemmings was successfully tested using FS-UAE V0.9.11beta3)
Any idea?
Old 18 March 2012, 20:52   #95
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Problem with games like Lemmings/The Settlers: the second mouse pointer is not visible/usable (Lemmings was successfully tested using FS-UAE V0.9.11beta3)
Any idea?
Definitely a FS-UAE bug introduced with the new input menu. I'm looking into it!
Old 18 March 2012, 21:05   #96
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Happy

Quote:
Definitely a FS-UAE bug introduced with the new input menu. I'm looking into it!
Great!
Old 19 March 2012, 19:12   #97
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Any idea?
Version 0.9.13beta6: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
* Change how input ports is configured, fixes mouse input in port 1, also
fixes parallel port joysticks (which probably was broken).
* Add CD32 gamepad option to input menu.
Old 19 March 2012, 20:14   #98
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Version 0.9.13beta6: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta
* Change how input ports is configured, fixes mouse input in port 1, also
fixes parallel port joysticks (which probably was broken).
* Add CD32 gamepad option to input menu.
Fantastic!
Old 19 March 2012, 20:37   #99
spannernick
Retro Nuts

How does this work,is it abit like Mamehub,It would be good if it had a GUI like that..?

Can you run one server and can anyone connect to it and play the games that people are hosting and chat too.
In MameHub you have a option that if you don't have the game it will ask if you want to download the game from the person that's hosting it so you can play it...??

I ask these quesions cos I haven't ran the fs-uae netplay yet and i'm the webmaster of MameHubWorld..

http://mamehub.zapto.org/

There are some Amiga games that work in MameHub

Last edited by spannernick; 19 March 2012 at 20:57.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:07   #100
olesio

@FrodeSolheim: At start I want to say: nice work. But... Always there are some "buts"

I tested latest beta online with my friend with Dyna Blaster adf (cracked by VF version from planetemu.net). And I have few suggestion.

- HDF support should be done ASAP because playing from adf is in my opinion (and probable not only mine) little bit misunderstanding (from speed reasons and ofcourse WHDLoad rulez). We tried playing bootable hdf with prepared version of WHDLoad with "Dyna Blaster" but emulator in online mode always crash and also close server program.

- If server was not launched on my machine (I launched because I have better connection than my opponent) and I or my opponent launched fs-uae.exe ii cause crash. maybe some connection checking will be nice and if cannot connect in few seconds error shown on screen

- Also connection option in cliient (except configuration entry) or command line parameters for server and port will be nice.

- And most important thing. Dyna Blaster is unplayable online (we did not tested other games). You ask why? Because with following option for first player:
Code:
joystick_port_0=mouse
joystick_port_1=keyboard
and following for second player:
Code:
joystick_port_0=keyboard
joystick_port_1=none
the controls options are marked with "(X)" and should be as Amiga controls with "(M) Mouse" and "(J) Joystick" for second player. So we must set it manually what is very, very exhausting. Maybe some option to set it in config can be made. Or maybe I do something wron, so please explain me how to have controls as real Amiga controls with changing host controler (because "amiga_" option do not switch host. And from my tests it appears that ofline (J) and (M) prefix is ok but online it is set (X) and you must manually sets control. Maybe it also can be fixed somehow.

- Also switch controls option will be nice, because now two players must have separate config entry or maybe some detection like in Kaillera will be nice, when only sometimes swap controls option was needed like I remember from my Amiga SWOS online matches.

- If player which joined as second close emulator, first can only close emulator by "Reset" command, is it correct? It also should have possibility to close by "X" option.
- Char feature will be nice. It can be F11 key for send message like in old Kaillera clients. And log chat to file also will be nice (specifi path and log=1 in config file)

No more bugs found or not more suggestion at this moment. We played only few minutes. But please try fix these bugs in new beta version and try to do HDF support in online net play as soon as possible. Good luck developing this nice software. I was active beta tester of GIBS Tiny Launcher so I can be active tester of this product. I hope you find many free time to update new version and make nice online emulator. Because we all know problems with Kaillera. And maybe you can also make compiled version of *.py server for all platforms like Unix/Windows/Mac, because installing Python is not a big problem but maybe compiled version if possible will be much useful. Sorry for my bad English - I hope you can understand my report I also try find some free time after work to test new versions of FS-UAE. Please let us know here about updates. I subscribed to this topic already

P.S.: tommorow and after tommorow I will work at 5 p.m. C.E.T. so I will test new version earlier than Thursday afternoon, so I hope by this time you finish a lot of things to improve

Last edited by olesio; 19 March 2012 at 22:03.