English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 19 July 2022, 02:08   #121
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by seko View Post
The amiga joystick controller acts like an arcade controller. amiga joystick python has two buttons. i used any button high punch other button high kick in the game.I added sound fx and special attacks.like arcade playing game very well

[ Show youtube player ]
Awesome man.

Maybe you should create separate thread for this port?
It deserves it.
Old 19 July 2022, 21:10   #122
seko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
Would you.like some code to parallax the floor?

floor wood parallax effect. But it has problems. If you scroll large area. ken moves in slow motion. I'm not using sprite characters. I am using the Blitter object. screen scroll command effect ken and ryu are floating pixels. the result is bad. The displayscroll command i changed parameters numbers. result small scroll on screen.

[ Show youtube player ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
Here is my code if it helps - only spent a short time on this so didn't bother too much about colours but was having more fun with the floor.

I reviewed your sf2 game program. your code for amiga 1200. I'm in favor of the amiga 500. The amiga 1200 version can be done better.
Old 19 July 2022, 21:58   #123
Havie

Quote:
floor wood parallax effect. But it has problems. If you scroll large area. ken moves in slow motion. I'm not using sprite characters. I am using the Blitter object. screen scroll command effect ken and ryu are floating pixels. the result is bad. The displayscroll command i changed parameters numbers. result small scroll on screen.

[ Show youtube player ]

I reviewed your sf2 game program. your code for amiga 1200. I'm in favor of the amiga 500. The amiga 1200 version can be done better.
No problem - was just a suggestion.

Obviously on a 1200 you get wider sprites which I agree makes the game easier to port. You still have the problem of AI though as this doesn't appear to have been reversed engineered anywhere?
Old 20 July 2022, 10:52   #124
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I think Master484 also worked on a OCS version. Why don't you ask if you can use his work, as no offence but we already have 3 shit versions why make a fourth and you really need an artist and guide.
Old 20 July 2022, 13:29   #125
rothers

The AI has been reversed and it isn't really AI at all, it's just a series of scripted moves. Actually quite easy to implement.
Old 20 July 2022, 18:31   #126
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
I think Master484 also worked on a OCS version. Why don't you ask if you can use his work, as no offence but we already have 3 shit versions why make a fourth and you really need an artist and guide.
The base idea is more projects more chance one of those will actually reach somewhere
Old 20 July 2022, 19:35   #127
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothers View Post
The AI has been reversed and it isn't really AI at all, it's just a series of scripted moves. Actually quite easy to implement.
That's great - please point me in the direction of this as I was unable to find it and having nothing to base computer AI on stopped me even having a go! I agree that it won't likely be too complicated but you need a deep understanding of how the computer works out it's move if you are going to get anything like an authentic feel.
Old 20 July 2022, 23:49   #128
rothers

Sure, this one is probably the easiest to understand:

https://sf2platinum.wordpress.com/20...the-ai-engine/

There really is no 'deep understanding' to have, it's random and based on scripts.
Old 20 July 2022, 23:58   #129
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I do remember observing the reactive nature of the SF2 A.I yes- and each character has specific weaknesses that can be exploited too. The A.I did not seem to adapt to circumvent these individual weakness's either I think. Only that I did play the arcade and snes versions to death for many teenage years- lol. Hope you can sort the A.I then.
Old 21 July 2022, 03:33   #130
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
floor wood parallax effect. But it has problems. If you scroll large area. ken moves in slow motion.
I had to watch the floor closely to see the effect. Parallax scrolling is often overrated. I don't think you need it in this game.
Old 21 July 2022, 05:12   #131
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
I had to watch the floor closely to see the effect. Parallax scrolling is often overrated. I don't think you need it in this game.
If this was assembly that would be a nice touch but being blitz basic i agree: focus on playability first and if is good you could maybe even get rid of scrolling background
Old 21 July 2022, 19:27   #132
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Absolutely not needed and lots of fighters don't do it but if you are porting Street Fighter 2 then if possible, I would include it as it's part of the whole thing!