English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 October 2016, 21:16   #1
DH
Global Moderator

Amiga Inspired Clock Gadget

I know a lot of people probably won't be interested in this gadget for windows, as the gadgets sidebar was eventually scrapped, but I thought some of you may be interested because you still use them, or have downloaded the gadgets sidebar again for your O/S

Been working on this for a while but it's still unfinished.

On the left, the original WB clock (almost), in the middle, an EAB themed clock and one the left a CiA themed clock.

The design are obviously based off one of the original WB clocks (3.0 iirc). Obviously for the EAB themed clock I am using the original WB orange and red colours for the hands, which I think complement the clock quite nicely. The code for this gadget is pre-written and is not mine, so I take no credit for the original structure of the code, but I will take credit for the design and any manipulations I have done to enhance them.

This is a single gadget which contains all clock themes, and can be pasted directly into "C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets" for Windows 7, and for other MS O/S you'll have to find that out for yourself.

The code appears to have no author or copyright information, so I cannot give credit for any of the code, which is a shame.

When it's finished, and if enough people are interested, I may release this to the EAB community.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am also making a red boing version, and I will update the images as and when I have created it, with complimenting colours for the hands and maybe surround.

Last edited by DH; 13 October 2016 at 18:27.
Old 12 October 2016, 22:45   #2
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just give me the image of the clock you've made and I can use it with LittleClock by Thomas Rapp, included in AKReal

So yes, I'm very interested in new clock faces.

And if you ask Thomas, maybe he even could include the date or those clock hands as an option.

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 October 2016 at 22:53.
Old 13 October 2016, 02:15   #3
Magic

I think they look great! Especially the "EAB" version
Old 13 October 2016, 09:53   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
I know a lot of people probably won't be interested in this gadget for windows, as the gadgets sidebar was eventually scrapped, but I thought some of you may be interested because you still use them, or have downloaded the gadgets sidebar again for your O/S

Been working on this for a while but it's still unfinished.

On the left, the original WB clock (almost), on the right, an EAB themed clock.

The design are obviously based off one of the original WB clocks (3.0 iirc). Obviously for the EAB themed clock I am using the original WB orange and red colours for the hands, which I think complement the clock quite nicely. The code for this gadget is pre-written and is not mine, so I take no credit for the original structure of the code, but I will take credit for the design and any manipulations I have done to enhance them.

This is a single gadget which contains both clock themes, and can be pasted directly into "C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets" for Windows 7, and for other MS O/S you'll have to find that out for yourself.

The code appears to have no author or copyright information, so I cannot give credit for any of the code, which is a shame.

When it's finished, and if enough people are interested, I may release this to the EAB community.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am also making a red boing version, and I will update the images as and when I have created it, with complimenting colours for the hands and maybe surround.
I do miss the gadgets sidebar. They dumped it after windows 7, major sercurity risk apparently.
Old 13 October 2016, 11:58   #5
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I do miss the gadgets sidebar. They dumped it after windows 7, major sercurity risk apparently.
Yes it was due to security reasons that they couldn't be bothered to adddress. However, from what I can gather, the guys who have brought it back have re-coded it and fixed the security issues, how much of that is true I have no idea, but there are versions for XP , Vista, Win 7, Win 8.0, Win 8.1 and Win 10 that have been supposedly fixed or modified to address this security loophole.

Obviously it's at everyone's own risk if they use one of the latest sidebars for these clock, and that's why I'm not expecting many people to be interested in them, which is a shame.
Old 26 October 2016, 22:09   #6
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
...Obviously it's at everyone's own risk if they use one of the latest sidebars for these clock, and that's why I'm not expecting many people to be interested in them, which is a shame.
Oh they will, they will...

I love your clock faces. Thanks to you and to Thomas Rapp.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 October 2016 at 22:39.
Old 26 October 2016, 23:08   #7
DH
Global Moderator

Thank you Retrofan, much appreciated and also Thomas Rapp for providing the gem Littleclock, an alternative workbench clock, that's really awesome

Now I'm in the mood for something new, not sure what, but I'm sure I'll think of something so long as work doesn't bog me down again.
Old 29 October 2016, 19:34   #8
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, now also with the date:

Thomas is the best watchmaker

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 October 2016 at 21:22.