English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 28 May 2009, 22:05   #1
scrappysphinx

Xbox 360 (non HDMI) Premium console

Hi guys, not sure if anyone will want this but here goes.
I have a White Xbox 360 (non HDMI) Console with 20Gb HDD. Has latest Xtreme custom firmware v1.6 installed on Samsung MS28 Drive and is not banned from live. Has had the x-clamp fix fitted (not by me but previous owner) and is working fine.
Occasionally the dvd drive sticks but will open if you tap the right corner of the bezel.
Unfortunately no controller as i need that for my 360 Elite.
Power brick and HD-AV Component cable.
Does have the original box but doesn't have any of the manuals unfortunately.
I am always fair and honest and if the console is DOA i will accept a return but i cannot offer any warranty on the console.
Can provide photo if required.
SOLD

Mike

Last edited by scrappysphinx; 09 June 2009 at 21:57.
Old 02 June 2009, 18:14   #2
scrappysphinx

**SOLD**

Quick price drop before i take it to ebay or a local paper.
SOLD.

Mike

Last edited by scrappysphinx; 09 June 2009 at 21:58.
Old 02 June 2009, 21:22   #3
kipper2k

The DVD rom can be repaired so it doesnt stick when trying to open. The problem lies in that the belt stretches over time and when the dvd tries to open, the belt cannot overcome the magnetic force that the plate exerts on the spindle causing the DVD tray to not open.

there is an easy fix however, (i have fixed about a dozen)... this btw normally happens on a Samsung Drive.

- remove the DVD rom, remove the top cover off the DVD rom to expose the centre hub on the DVD.
- get some sellotape (scotchtape, whatever you want to call it). If it is the cheap thin stuff then you will need to do the following 3 times, if it is the thicker stuff, then only once.
- place the sellotape over the hub, repeat if the thin stuff, use an exacto knife to trim it to a nice round size the same size as the hub
- use exacto knife to remove the tape that is in the centre of the hub.

What this is doing is reducing the magnetic contact of the top plate and the hub making it easier to open the DVD without affecting the "grip" of the DVD while spinning.

It works great. I have also heard of people boiling the rubber drive belt... hmmm, i'll pass.
Old 03 June 2009, 18:53   #4
Smiley
Amiga-less!

Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread but.....

kipper2k, do you know of any fix for the error message 'To play this disc please insert it into an XBOX 360 console'?

It has been happening a lot lately. Games will play but only after I have ejected and reinserted about 15 times.

Will replacing the laser unit fix this or will I need to replace the drive? It is an MS25 flashed with stealth Xtreme version....something or another.
Old 03 June 2009, 20:22   #5
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post

kipper2k, do you know of any fix for the error message 'To play this disc please insert it into an XBOX 360 console'?

It has been happening a lot lately. Games will play but only after I have ejected and reinserted about 15 times.

Will replacing the laser unit fix this or will I need to replace the drive? It is an MS25 flashed with stealth Xtreme version....something or another.
I had this problem with mine and replaced the laser, £12, works ok now
Old 09 June 2009, 21:28   #6
Smiley
Amiga-less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I had this problem with mine and replaced the laser, £12, works ok now
I need to upgrade to iXtreme 1.6 at somepoint so I'll fit a new laser unit when I get round to doing that.

Sometime before Tekken 6
Old 09 June 2009, 21:57   #7
scrappysphinx

Forgot about this thread lol
This can be closed now as the console has now been sold on Ebay
Old 09 June 2009, 23:22   #8
kipper2k

Quote:

Hi Smiley,

Sorry, just noticed your question. That message appears when the 360 detects a non original game inserted into the dvd. Could be a few things..

- 360 not modded when trying to play a backup
- 360 laser not reading a copy or original (out of alignmnt, dirty lens etc)
- controller board damaged
- bad firmware, failed mod

if this is happening on original discs then its time to replace the DVD rom (if cleaning the lens fails, you can also tweak the laser but its not worth it at this stage)... you will need an exact DVD model replacement and then you MUST! swap the controller board as the controller board contains the key that is required for the 360 to allow loading of originals. If you know someone that can get the key from the firmware you should obtain it as once a controller board fails you will lose the key and the ability to play 360 games. You can still use it for online gaming and movies though

ps, i wouldn't bother with a "new" laser. you can pick up a replacement DVD rom for about $45 and you dont have to worry about messing up the alignment.

I'm assuming you have the Samsung MS 25 revision DVD, that means its old, i'd buy a new dvd rom and put the old controller board into the new one
Old 10 June 2009, 04:10   #9
Smiley
Amiga-less!

Im pretty sure its just the laser. It is an original release model 360.

I modded it to iXtreme 1.4 and then had to tweak the pot on the laser for it to read the dual layer backups.

Then after a few months the error started appearing. Maybe I over tweaked the pot and it burnt out the laser? Think I will just pick up a new laser for a fiver or so and fit it.
Old 10 June 2009, 04:24   #10
kipper2k

Quote:
Im pretty sure its just the laser. It is an original release model 360.

I modded it to iXtreme 1.4 and then had to tweak the pot on the laser for it to read the dual layer backups.

Then after a few months the error started appearing. Maybe I over tweaked the pot and it burnt out the laser? Think I will just pick up a new laser for a fiver or so and fit it.

If you can get Verbatim DL discs then use tham as they are the best, also dont tweak the pot on the laser lower than 3.2kohms or you will overpower the laser and reduce its life. Samsungs love verbatims, maxell, fuji and memorex are ok but nowhere as reliable as the verbatims... sometimes you have to spend a little more to get quality and the verbatims are worth it.
Old 10 June 2009, 13:45   #11
Smiley
Amiga-less!

I have used nothing but verbatims! I do not have a working multimeter so I was just kind of guessing when I was tweaking the pot.

Thinking about it, I think I probably did burn the laser out.