English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 07 November 2015, 14:39   #1
Nova

Amiga Emulator for Firefox OS or Ubuntu Mobile Phones

i was thinking of getting a low priced firefox os or ubuntu mobile phone. as i have not followed the emulation scene on portable devices for a long time, i am curious to know if there exists a reasonable amiga emulator for these platforms?

which one is the better choice in terms of emulating?
Old 09 November 2015, 09:52   #2
Jerry

I'd say both are crap at the moment and for Firefox OS I don't see how this could get better (at least for non-rooted devices). While one can compile native apps for Ubuntu Phone there is no such thing for Firefox OS meaning you can only use emscripten or something similar which will give you a speed penality of 50% (ie. native code is 2x faster).
For the low-cost device Firefox OS is currently targeted, this should be the death-blow for any emulation. For Ubuntu Phones it might be a little better since you have the full desktop linux stack (OpenGL, GTK, ...) available iirc. Probably you can just compile e-uae and it simply works. But without touch optimization your experience might not be optimal.

I'd rather go with some cheapo china android device.
Old 09 November 2015, 10:55   #3
Nova

ok, i see, thanks for evaluating.

well, android and consorts is what i wanted to avoid. also the only alternative in the price sector i am aiming at, seems to be either one of the platforms that i mentioned.

i guess i will focus on ubuntu then, hoping the future is soon brighter in terms of amiga emulation.