English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 12 August 2019, 20:40   #41
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
mcgeezer I have just seen your comment and added one of my own

No doubt it will be edited before you read it.

Edit: I just found this compilation of Amiten games, some of which I have not seen before. Even his version is Space "Invarders" is shit, it doesn't even display the score on the screen!

[ Show youtube player ]
I was playing Space Invaders on my Atari 2600 last weekend, and now seeing this Ami Invaders is really... disheartening.

It makes me want to make a proper Space Invaders game for the Amiga and call it Ami Invaders just to piss Amiten off

EDIT: Now that was mean as it seems this game was made in just 6 hours according to him. Of course anything said by Amiten should be taken with a grain of salt. So, whatever
Old 12 August 2019, 20:51   #42
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Predseda and Per-Ola Eriksson; I just wanted to apologise for my posts directed at you guys yesterday.

I'm sorry; there was no need for it.

Given all the stuff that has occurred with this Amiten looser, I just get sooooo wound up, my blood boils and then react; not always in the best way...

I tried to ignore the thread and not comment; but yesterday I'd had a few afternoon drink so... no excuses though.

Anyway, really sorry again.
Good attitude mate.
Old 12 August 2019, 20:54   #43
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Space Invaders first released 41 years ago.... by all accounts, the Amiga isn't powerful enough to match it lol
Old 12 August 2019, 20:59   #44
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Space Invaders first released 41 years ago.... by all accounts, the Amiga isn't powerful enough to match it lol
I think if we use 4mb of Fast Ram and a 030 we can make it work.
Old 12 August 2019, 21:07   #45
Foebane

I saw that video that Hewitson linked to, and... MY... GOD... those are some of THE worst games I've EVER seen on Amiga! Even if they are AMOS, they should be better than that!

I've never before heard of this Amiten dude before this thread, but he sounds like a total DOUCHE!

And DamienD? Be careful when posting when drunk, as you can rile up a lot of people that way. Believe me, I've done it myself, several times.
Old 12 August 2019, 21:12   #46
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that as well.

Edit: Indie Retro News has edited the post I made. I expected it to be deleted, but they have no right to put words in my mouth.
I have a RIGHT to edit posts that are abusive and swearing on my website towards others. It's a family friendly website, and I wont have my website lowered to that level.

Everyone has their right to have their say, but being abusive no..

I see your signature here has been edited too
Old 12 August 2019, 21:19   #47
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Predseda and Per-Ola Eriksson; I just wanted to apologise for my posts directed at you guys yesterday.

Anyway, really sorry again.
And it's perfectly acceptable to insult myself? I write about EVERY game I find from across the globe. That's all I do day in day out. I just want to sit back and play a game. But some of the abusive swearing that's come across on MY WEBSITE would never be accepted on EAB. But it's perfectly fine to do on Indie Retro News?

I've had posts telling the developers to get cancer, they should kill themselves, posts that have been full of swearing. and as soon as I take out the swearing or close the thread because it's out of control, it's my fault!

Seriously, this is not on!
Old 12 August 2019, 21:22   #48
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
I've had posts telling the developers to get cancer, they should kill themselves, posts that have been full of swearing.
Holy crap. The distance built by internet brings out the worst in everyone. I think some people are really hurting the scene (Amiten, obviously), but wish they get cancer or die is just extremely fucked up.
Old 12 August 2019, 21:24   #49
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Holy crap. The distance built by internet brings out the worst in everyone. I think some people are really hurting the scene (Amiten, obviously), but wish they get cancer or die is just extremely fucked up.
I know, and it's been going on all day!

I've had problems with EAB in the past and decisions made here, but what do I do? I still support this forum after everything that happened, and AS MUCH AS I CAN!

EDIT : You know what, I'm done! This will be my last ever post on this forum. No goodbye threads nothing, sick of this hate again and again and again.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:08   #50
roondar

This thread saddens me.
The community is splitting up more and more, all this (apparent) anger over some guy's AMOS game.

Look, I get it. It's not a very good game. And he did clearly use ripped graphics. Which he calls his work. And he's done that before and even asks money for it. But is that really worth all this?

I rather liked Neil's (i.e. Indie Retro News) contributions. And though I really this place, I do understand his reaction. Wishing harm to people is not ok. I'm seriously hoping it wasn't people from here that did that.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:22   #51
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
This thread saddens me.
The community is splitting up more and more, all this (apparent) anger over some guy's AMOS game.
Eh no, that's just being exceedingly dramatic. It's just a couple of blokes riffing off of each other, unable to call it quits and thus taking it too far.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:29   #52
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Eh no, that's just being exceedingly dramatic. It's just a couple of blokes riffing off of each other, unable to call it quits and thus taking it too far.
I beg to differ.

Perhaps anger is not exactly the correct word, but this kind of stuff (as in, not exactly the same subject but this kind of 'anger') has been going on for a while now and EAB has seemingly seen a visible drop in the number of posts per day over the past year or so.

This may have different root causes, but this kind of stuff can't help.

Eh, forget it. I've been tired all day. Perhaps I am making this into more than it is.

Last edited by roondar; 12 August 2019 at 22:42.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:46   #53
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
And it's perfectly acceptable to insult myself? I write about EVERY game I find from across the globe. That's all I do day in day out. I just want to sit back and play a game. But some of the abusive swearing that's come across on MY WEBSITE would never be accepted on EAB. But it's perfectly fine to do on Indie Retro News?

I've had posts telling the developers to get cancer, they should kill themselves, posts that have been full of swearing. and as soon as I take out the swearing or close the thread because it's out of control, it's my fault!

Seriously, this is not on!
I totally agree Neil; of course any of the above is definitely not acceptable.

Sorry that you've had to deal with.

Quote:
I know, and it's been going on all day!

I've had problems with EAB in the past and decisions made here, but what do I do? I still support this forum after everything that happened, and AS MUCH AS I CAN!

EDIT : You know what, I'm done! This will be my last ever post on this forum. No goodbye threads nothing, sick of this hate again and again and again.
Neil, you're our friend and we all really appreciate the work that you do in order to bring everything Retro

How to put this... there were negative comments on Indie Retro News regarding Amiten's new game immediately; days before this thread even existed on EAB.

I visit your site daily reading all new threads; and have seen a lot of negative comments in many, many threads for numerous games from various developers over the past 6 months. It happens, and you do your best to try to limit them...

Back to Amiten, or jojo073 for that matter; everytime any of their games are posted on your site, there are bound to be various comments from anyone that knows the story... but that's not EAB's fault.

People are fed up with scammers like him so will voice their opinion; be it on Indie Retro News / EAB / other Amiga forums / Amiga Facebook groups or anywhere else that gives them the ability to do so.

None of us can control that... it's what happens when certain people get a bad reputation due to their activities, yet still keep doing the same old thing over and over again, without remorse.

Last edited by DamienD; 12 August 2019 at 23:15.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:50   #54
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
I beg to differ.

Perhaps anger is not exactly the correct word, but this kind of stuff (as in, not exactly the same subject but this kind of 'anger') has been going on for a while now and EAB has seemingly seen a visible drop in the number of posts per day over the past year or so.

This may have different root causes, but this kind of stuff can't help.

Eh, forget it. I've been tired all day. Perhaps I am making this into more than it is.
Take a rest Roondar if you're tired buddy.

Amiten and JoJo are not worth your time, they are the only two I know of that I would call cretins in the Amiga community and they should be avoided at all cost.

If people support them then more fool them.

I'm not sure what's happened with Neil but he's a nice fella and genuinely hope he doesn't mean he's through with the EAB.
Old 12 August 2019, 23:12   #55
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Amiten and JoJo are not worth your time, they are the only two I know of that I would call cretins in the Amiga community and they should be avoided at all cost.
Couldn't agree more.

Neil, I don't think anyone attacked you here, like it has been said, I think you are always welcome and everyone enjoys your contributions.
Old 12 August 2019, 23:18   #56
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I thought I'd brighten this thread up a little bit and move the moon for all the fine people here at the EAB.

Nothing like a bit of button moon.

Thank you for contacting me and your kind thoughtful message.

DamienD I accept your appology.

I'm going to step back for a bit, just to let things calm down, as this has affected everybody
Old 12 August 2019, 23:41   #57
utri007
mä vaan

Yesterday when I notice this thread, I started to write text that we are all adults so lets behave.

Amiten is poor and pathetic, but how many times it should been said? And for how many people? Let him be and build his crappy games in peace.

Adult with hobby to bullying in the net?? Please.
Old 13 August 2019, 04:11   #58
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
I write about EVERY game I find from across the globe. That's all I do day in day out.
Quote:
You know what, I'm done! This will be my last ever post on this forum.
For what it's worth, IndieRetroNews is one of the best sites out there to visit on a regular basis.

-- There's been some new development on the game...

"Ninjferatu" has been updated with a lot more color and nice catchy music from Simone Bernacchia (JMD). Not sure what the specs are, though.

The game will be PD, unless you've been deemed a EAB "Troll".
Old 13 August 2019, 05:29   #59
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Since i got called in this thread, would like to leave a disclaimer note: work on music was started just little after the cocobanana affair came out;
was challenged to make all songs 20k or max 30k and in-game at two channels and thought this time Amiten wanted redemption and got original assets to use - guess was a bit naive :/

As far as thing goes i owed something to Amiten, he gave me exposure while was working on Rowan and mentioned me several times on the live stream.

I of course disagree with its bad actions and on how things turned nasty later on but would be hypocrite to forget i had a bit of gain.

Even Fernando and Hache had exposure and i personally wish they got involved in more projects beside Rowan; i did personally endorsed Fernando couple times for other soundtracks and like someone to give him more occasions to work on amiga soundtracks.

I admit am trying to make a bit of cash with my music (even if now i work two jobs money comes still handy) but mostly i do it because i like to, and for projects i deem interesting to work for, even outside the Amiga community, like Rockbot.

Last edited by saimon69; 13 August 2019 at 05:38.
Old 13 August 2019, 05:53   #60
Hewitson

Quote:
I have a RIGHT to edit posts that are abusive and swearing on my website towards others. It's a family friendly website, and I wont have my website lowered to that level.

Everyone has their right to have their say, but being abusive no..
Was alright for Per-Ola to tell mcgeezer to "FUCK OFF" though, wasn't it? You've made it quite clear who's side you're on, and it's not ours.

I want to make it clear to EAB that I was not responsible for wishing cancer on anyone, or saying they should kill themselves. I might have called him a c**t, but that was as far as it went.

Last edited by Hewitson; 13 August 2019 at 06:14.