English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 05 October 2001, 17:00   #21
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I think that Fire And Ice CD32 was released...
Old 05 October 2001, 17:15   #22
Amigaboy

Fire and Ice CD32 was released in 1994

AAA was never released and was kept internal within Commodore

The MPEG Addon was released for the CD32, and although wasn't that popular, was used by Cannon Fodder CD32 to show the MPEG intro. I almost bought one of these MPEG thingies

There was a couple of games that made use of Akiko such as ...bleh. Can't remember. There's only about 2 games that use it anyway

Old 05 October 2001, 17:22   #23
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I'm not so sure if it was released-judging by Steve Turner's comments on his website about Graftgold it was supposedly cancelled...

Go to http://www.graftgold.com

I had no idea they had gone bust-a tradgedy to see talents like him & Andrew Braybrook being wasted & not developing games anymore.
Old 05 October 2001, 17:29   #24
Amigaboy

Mate. I'm 100% positive it was released

Here's the cover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire&icecd32_front.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	897  

Old 05 October 2001, 17:30   #25
Amigaboy

And here's the back (sorry for the filesizes people)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire&icecd32_back.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	898  

Old 05 October 2001, 17:52   #26
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I think Mighty MAx for the A1200 was never released.

Skitchin from EA comes to mind, so does NBA Jam. Syndicate CD32 got canned, and so did .. err... dunno what else now :P
Ocean had a big lineup of hotly-tipped games to be released around 1994/95, but in the end only half of the list ever fought their way to the shelves: PGA European Tour, Jungle Strike, and Shaq-Fu. Skitchin', Mutant League Hockey (Amiga Power ran a preview on this as well) and Mighty Max all got canned for some strange reason. A shame, for I remember seeing adverts for all three games in Amiga Power around that time. Does anyone know any proper reason why these games never did get stuffed in a bunch of disks and stored in cardboard boxes ready for selling? Maybe someone knows the existence of any early beta versions of them? :hooooo

I can't remember what types of scores the living console versions of those three games got, though. Anyone care to remind me?

I don't remember reading anything about an Amiga version of NBA Jam in Amiga Power before (although it probably got mentioned in the other mags at some point, anyone know if this was so?). The only time I read about a cancelled NBA Jam Amiga game was in the final AP issue, when they mentioned in their What Will Happen With Other Companies? feature (or something else like that, I can't remember what it was really called, I might look myself) in which they dropped the bombshell that Acclaim had totally abandoned the Amiga and therefore wouldn't get round to releasing Putty Squad (???... I guess System 3 were looking towards having them publish it, I guess) and NBA Jam Tournament Edition on the machine. They weren't the only company to desert the machine around that time either.

Oh, and Akira? Syndicate CD³² did come out. Amiga Power reviewed it in issue 50 (the same issue where they reviewed the Hit Squad budget version of the original floppy game), and I've seen the game in ISO (or was it BIN?) format on many CD³² FTPs. So there you go.
Old 05 October 2001, 18:20   #27
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Smile

Okay Amigaboy-you've got me!
Better visit the graftgold site & email Steve Turner-he & Any Braybrook are prbably owed some royalties!!
Old 05 October 2001, 18:25   #28
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Oh yes Marz, just while I think of it...
Although there might've been a CD32 version of Syndicate, I daresay it probably was a straight port of the A500 version.

I think the version Akira would've been referring to was going to be an enhanced version using hi-res GFX featured in early screenshots that were planned for an AGA version. It was one of several games Bullfrog were considering-along with Magic Carpet & a couple of other games...
Old 05 October 2001, 19:11   #29
Akira

Yes, I was speaking about teh souped up 256 color hires version, though I am not sure if any version got released anyway

The only game I know of that uses Akiko is Wing Commander.
Old 08 October 2001, 12:04   #30
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Guardian CD32 uses the Akiko chip too.
Old 09 October 2001, 06:30   #31
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I suppose technically this may not have been a definite project that was ever started, but I was going through an old "The One" feature for it's Jan. 1993 issue,"the magnificent 6",& amongst the programmers gathered, Archer Maclean was dumping on the Megadrive & SNES systems & talking about doing a 16bit version of Dropzone.

If anyone has that issue they should read it again-it's interesting about some of the predictions made by some of the programmers /designers.
Old 09 October 2001, 20:21   #32
Akira

I have that issue! It's a shame Archer didn't do a supa-mega-dupa AGA version of Dropzone. Instead he jumped onto consoles
Old 10 October 2001, 13:16   #33
gdido

Hooooo

Always waiting for snow bros on amiga 500, seen the screenshots but never the game

Old 10 October 2001, 13:18   #34
Amigaboy

I loved Snow Bros. That would've been a great conversion

Old 10 October 2001, 21:01   #35
Akira

Can somebody post screenies of that one? I had NO CLUE a port was planned, and I love that game!
Old 10 October 2001, 22:03   #36
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Green 5

Shatterhand, me and many other people i think have been searching for a full version of green 5 for quite a while. Any chance of uploading it mate, so that we can check if it really is a full version of this long lost game? I'm sure everybody would be really grateful.
Old 10 October 2001, 22:31   #37
Akira

Shatterhand surely has it on his disks, and he can't dump them, but he will send the disks to me soon so I can dump the rare stuff he has! (many tasty beta versions )
Old 11 October 2001, 03:11   #38
Stormlord

I can remember of a Project by groups like Intense / TRSI / Essence. It must be 1996/1997 or earlier . A good project of amiga maniacs trying to convert a sequel of Day Of the Tentacle / Sam and Max to the Amiga. the difference of the project was, that many very good scene people worked on it and they got the game to a very impressive status. It looked even better than the original. I dont know , how long a friend of mine , called Seag Of Intense , did handdrawn gfx for that game and showed me finished routines and sequences. Perhaps it this theme did not fit in this thread, but it was a very big work for so many people doing a project for no money. Finalley the project was cancelled, coz there were not able to finish it.
They workd 0,5 year on it and finished nearly 70 % of the game.
I have myself a preview on my Amiga of it but it is very buggy.
Maybe i will post later some gfx of it here to give you an impression. Some routines were by the famous Twins Of TRSI.

Old 11 October 2001, 17:14   #39
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Exclamation

Thank you Gdido!
Years ago I was in a hurry & wasting a few minutes in a newsagent & definitely recalled seeing in (I think), CU Amiga about a Snow Bros conversion.
At the time, I didn't get the magazine, but I was surprised to never see the game anywhere-if I'm not mistaken I'm positive Ocean were doing the conversion & it was by the team that did the Pang conversion.
Old 11 October 2001, 19:05   #40
Akira

Damn, Pang was brilliant, it could hav been as good as Pang!