DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Beyond belief?
Yeah, especially when you consider comments like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurwa1337
...anybody could do all this in 2 weeks easy if they know how to use a computer!!!
I really don't understand why these lamers want my collection anyway since I'm a filthy criminal / bug in the Amiga community; plus anyone could do the same so quickly
Old 06 March 2018, 23:34   #542
DamienD
Banned

I also know the username of the person who uploaded everything on that *certain* private torrent site i.e:

a) My initial collection.
b) Update Pack #1.

His username over there is deksar

Yes, he's from Russia but not every Russian is a super talented hacker... he couldn't possibly have hacked my mega.nz account to get the URL

Again, this is why I say that it had to have come from some rat on EAB who's a member of both sites
Old 06 March 2018, 23:41   #543
DamienD
Banned

Anyway, enough...

Nothing more from me; I should probably just close this thread if I'm honest

Anyone that wants my "initial release" or "Update Pack #1" going forward; please don't bother PM'ing me...

Just visit your favourite *scumbag* public or private torrent site...
Old 07 March 2018, 00:14   #544
DamienD
Banned

Thread closed, move along people

...and I've also just PM'd RCK asking him to remove me from the Global Moderator team.

I'm done!!!
Old 08 March 2018, 20:02   #545
DamienD
Banned

Ok, thread re-opened for now so people can still at least give feedback

...like this nice PM I just received from wiz12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12
Hi Damien,

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks a lot for this update I will download and apply it asap, it is very much appreciated.

btw, I'm enjoying your Winuae collection very much, you made it so simple and easy to use. Before this I found it was quite a chore to get everything running right.

Lastly, I'm happy that you haven't lost faith in the Amiga scene despite these nasty couple of weeks. You are a great asset to the Amiga community so please keep strong and don't let these leechers ruin your Amiga experience.

Regards
wiz12
Old 08 March 2018, 20:44   #546
DamienD
Banned

As I'm always making improvements to my collection

...small update already sent to my friends that I know I can trust
Old 08 March 2018, 20:49   #547
Sinphaltimus

Awesome - I wanted this posted publicly. But I'll add more details here.

First, my wife is NOT a gamer by any stretch of the imagination.
Years ago, when we were teens, she had a gameboy with only one cart, TETRIS.

TETRIS is the only game she ever played.

A few years ago, I purchased her a Kindle Fire HD Android Tablet. Setup her email, facebook etc... Setup everything. I even put TETRIS on it. *BIG MISTAKE* - she only uses the tablet to play TETRIS (not entirely true, she's starting to use it for email and internet a little now)

So if you heard about the millions of people in the North eastern USA who lost power due to a HUGE winter snow storm, well, I was one of them without power for days.

I do have a generator that lasted a couple of the 4 days total outage.

During the blackout, I decided to spend more time with your collection on my laptop.

I was playing worms Director's cut and walker and a few others. My wife was playing TETRIS (we had nothing else to do at all without full power in the house) on her tablet but her battery died and it was going to take a while to recharge.

So she comes over to see what I'm doing and asks "Do you have TETRIS on that thing?"

I dunno, let's see if DamienD likes TETRIS....WHOOT, there are a few versions here.

And we happily spent the next 2 hours playing TETRIS from your collection. We never get to do this, sit together and play video games for hours. So thank you for this. It really was a special moment thanks to your generosity.

Old 08 March 2018, 20:57   #548
DamienD
Banned

Great story Sinphaltimus, thanks for sharing

For me the best *Tetris* game on the Amiga is Twintris but you might as well play Super Twintris; same thing but goes straight into the game without the extra fluff
Old 08 March 2018, 21:19   #549
speshady

^^ Yeah deffo Twintris!!, the best ever Amiga Tetris game.
I used to play for many hours in my younger days and still have the odd blast now.

The best Tetris game out of all Tetris games on any platform in my opinion.
Old 08 March 2018, 21:27   #550
dragon57

I just want to say DamienD is the best friend Amiga ever had. We have exchanged a few PMs with the best of outcomes. The work he has done is exceptional, and should be respected.
Old 08 March 2018, 21:31   #551
DamienD
Banned

Thank you for your kind word dragon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon57 View Post
DamienD is the best friend Amiga ever had.
...nope, that's Toni Wilen, who makes everything possible
Old 08 March 2018, 21:41   #552
dragon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Thank you for your kind word dragon57

...nope, that's Toni Wilen, who makes everything possible
Ha ha! Ok, 2nd best friend then!
Old 09 March 2018, 05:16   #553
TroyWilkins

Oh wow. I don't log on here as often as I should, and I see that some lamer has once again ruined everything for everyone, and of course, they'd be too gutless to own up to it. Speaks volumes about them IMHO. Aaaanyway...

Great work DamienD, and thank you for all the great work. I see people have written about this on various sites as a way of saying thank you, I think I'll do the same if that's ok with you? Of course, I have not and WILL NOT share the links or any of the files for this collection, but I am seriously considering adding a new page to my site about this, somewhat like my recent addition of a page about Amikit X, with some screen captures and videos. If you'd rather I didn't do this, I totally understand, and won't go ahead with this.

Finally, thank you so very much for the fantastic job you'd done here. This is perfect for when I have a spare hour, although it always ends up being much more than a single hour, as scrolling through the list brings back all the memories, and I succumb to the ol' "Just one more game" as I spot yet another game I heard so much about back in the day, but either never played, or have not played since back before the turn of the millennium.

I have no doubt that whoever the lamer is who decided to go against your wishes is still reading all this, and so the following is a message to them and only them, and not any of the good people who have not been so lame as to ruin it for everyone else:

You know who you are, I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your genitals, and you come down with a case of body odor so bad that nothing you can do can cover it, making interaction with other people face-to-face so nauseating for others that they can't do it, leading to you being forever alone, you sad, pathetic lamer.
Old 09 March 2018, 09:32   #554
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ok, thread re-opened for now so people can still at least give feedback

...like this nice PM I just received from wiz12:

great, great, great!!!! Simply, great!!!!
thanks mate and go for!!!!! actual fans are with you.....
Old 09 March 2018, 10:30   #555
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
but I am seriously considering adding a new page to my site about this, somewhat like my recent addition of a page about Amikit X, with some screen captures and videos. If you'd rather I didn't do this, I totally understand, and won't go ahead with this.
No problem at all; go for it
Old 09 March 2018, 10:53   #556
DamienD
Banned

Nice PM from stobros:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stobros
Hey DamienD,

I'm going to download it - thanks.

And we thank YOU so much for everything! We = Me and my grandchildren

We've been playing dozens of games from your collection, I was almost playing with tears because it was a joy completely coming from my youth age. A huge part of it. So we family-ly thank you for such a great effort and please keep updating it, well of course in your spare time!

One thing; I guess, among the collection I couldn't find "Super Tetris", a Amiga real classic of 90s, by S. Holobyte:

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=2248

Perhaps you might wish to include it in the future.

Thanks once again,

Kindest Regards.
stobros
Old 09 March 2018, 11:51   #557
trixster
Guru Meditating

I'm only just catching up with this, what a massive kick in the slats, sorry to hear this has happened Damien.

Pecker up though old boy, we all appreciate your work and the time and effort you put into EAB and the Amiga community. Big respect
Old 09 March 2018, 15:04   #558
NotAnAmigaFan
Banned

As someone who really has no horse in this race (sorry, but Amiga stuff really isn't my cup of tea...), this man child really needs to grow up. DamienD, no matter how you slice it, putting your collection behind a paywall and forcing people to pay up for access really is no different than selling shady bootleg movies in the eyes of the law in most countries. Doing this put not only yourself at risk, but this entire site as well. Throwing links out to roms is one thing, monetizing upon it in any means is another thing entirely, and tends to be treated much more harshly. It doesn't matter how much time and effort you've sank into this (by the way, 12 years sounds like quite a lot, given the entire eXoDOS collection took less time to pull together and has a much larger scope...) - configuring games to run in an emulator isn't something you can or should be trying to profiteer from (even if it's money that's being sank into "good" places). Ban me if you want - but just know that if your intent is REALLY to have a preservation project, you should WANT your project spread around as much as possible - restricting access to who you choose is shooting yourself in the foot. With a harpoon gun. Your project will never gain the fame and notoriety that you so desperately seek.
Old 09 March 2018, 15:30   #559
DamienD
Banned

Is that you Marcus Blackfellow; very similar language used!!!

Forcing people to donate; yeah right... Anyone on EAB have to do this (and even people who just joined up)? That's why I've given this to over 700 people and donations equate to about £300 (which has been given back to the community).

Not even going to waste my time replying with anything else.
Old 09 March 2018, 17:32   #560
Viceroy

NotAnAmigaFan:

As someone who really has no horse in this race (sorry, but Amiga stuff really isn't my cup of tea...)

So why are you a member of an Amiga Forum?