English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 03 May 2007, 03:04   #1
lmimmfn

Wanted: Batman pic from Amiga Format Gallery issue 77? i think

Hi,
im desperately looking for the pic that i drew that was featured in the Amiga Format gallery in issue 77, maybe 76 or 75, or the same period from '94
I still have a half finished version of the pic on my A1200 harddrive but i lost my modulator and the internal one is broke , i had a copy on floppy of the full version but a mate o mine formatted the floppy by mistake

The pic is my own version of the graphic novel Batman Digital Justice, the original pic is here - http://lambiek.net/artists/m/moreno_...taljustice.jpg
I thought my version was decent enough, but it was a long time ago and maybe looks crap now, lol

Also if anyone can help me, im trying to get the actual IFF of the pic if possible, it was in advertisements in amiga format after issue 77 in some public domain clip art/artwork DVD, it was on the cover of the CD in the advertisement along with 3 other pictures and the advertisement was seriously small, i.e. the coverpic of the CD was maybe 1/2 inch square, but you could see it was batman

If anyone has this pic/the CD, or info on the advertisement as to which pics CD this pic was on or pics of the gallery page, i would very very much appreciate it, ive been trying to get this picture for years now

Many thanks,
Mark

Last edited by lmimmfn; 03 May 2007 at 03:17.

Old 03 May 2007, 08:29   #2
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Hi welcome to EAB! Was the pic on the coverdisk?

Most of those are available here http://amr.abime.net/
Old 03 May 2007, 10:31   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

heys limm.. limmnn.... limmn...

HI!

welcome to the EAB i am sure you will lke it here!

it would be cool if you would postie your pic here too
Old 03 May 2007, 10:48   #4
Galaxy

I found the advert - it's on a CD called Sci-fi sensation sold by Epic marketing.

I believe this is the CD: http://www.softhut.com/cgi-bin/test/...&cart_id=52674
Old 03 May 2007, 12:23   #5
lmimmfn

thanks guys, i havnt been in the amiga scene in a long time, just got a bit nostalgic last night and decided to do a bit of looking around, I use to use WinUAE a lot especially when it just came out and was usable, 1997 if i remember correctly

@Zetr0, ill admit my userid is a bit funky, confusion works
@Galaxy, wow, excellent, that sounds very like the one alright( i remember it was an Epic one now alright ), many thanks
@DDNI, unfortunately from memory it wasnt on the coverdisk, ill double check as some of the Amiga Format coverdiscs that i got were corrupted.

Ill post the pic here if i can track down a copy of Sci-fi sensation.
Also if anyone has a pic/scan of the gallery in question id very much appreciate it

Old 03 May 2007, 22:42   #6
terryhan

I have issue 77 right here with a little picture of your batman image.
I'll scan it anyway.

edit - attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batmansmall.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	13790  

Last edited by terryhan; 03 May 2007 at 23:04.
Old 03 May 2007, 23:24   #7
lmimmfn

OMG, wow, excellent dude, many many thanks

Old 03 May 2007, 23:32   #8
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Thats some good work Imimy!
Old 04 May 2007, 00:57   #9
lmimmfn

thanks Zetro, much appreciated, its a pity they cropped it in amiga format as its only 1/3 of the full size pic and the conrast is a bit funky from the magazine print( the let arm inside is actually purple from the lightning thingy ), it was before the wonderful world of the internet and there was an article in A.C.E.( if anyone remembers that mag ) on Pepe Moreno for the Graphic Novel Batman Digital Justice, i liked his pic so much i wanted my own , nowadays it takes 2 days in google images, see kids today have it too easy

Anyways, ill try and get the half finished version( the top half is complete ) off my A1200, i have an old Windows 95 laptop, anyone know i could connect it directly to the ide cable on the laptop( if its 44 pin? )? if not ill buy a modulator and fire up the 1200 again . Ill also buy the SciFi sensations, and ill post it here, unless for some spooky coincidence someone has a copy
In the meantime ill see if i can clean up the scan

many many thanks guys, the amiga community has always been fantastic

Last edited by lmimmfn; 04 May 2007 at 01:11.

Old 04 May 2007, 01:22   #10
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

heys Immy,

I am a little confused as to why you need a modulator for an A1200, these are internal as well as the choice of composite and RGB... hmmm...

anyhoo...

A 2.5" laptop drive is a 44pin IDE device and can electrically be attached directly to the A1200. The a1200 has some limmitations in the IDE, mainly it has issues with hard disk larger than 4GB.

For the Amiga to use the hard disk it will either have to be formatted to an Amiga format or atlest using a File type and mounting the device through workbench. have a search for Fat95, i am sure you will find a way or two to mount a fat formatted disk .

hope it helps
Old 04 May 2007, 02:11   #11
lmimmfn

ahh i got one of those bogey 1200's with a modulator that lasted about 3 weeks, fortunately i had a spare one from my a2000

sorry,i ment the other way around, connecting the a1200 2.5" drive to the laptop and mount it with uae or whatever to copy everything off it

oh and heres my preliminary quick cleanup of the image, its still very rough and only a 20 minute cleanup, but im gonna redo the contrast in it which should restore a lot of the original definition and restore the bits that got removed when i cleaned up the noise, i.e. cape, throat etc )

Ill spend a day restoring it properly , anyone interested in progress updates( i realise it could be boring ) or should i just post the final image?

e.g. here is current status, returning it to comic form to keep the original shape but reduce the noise

oh and ive decided,im gonna change the resolutiuon from the orig 768x592( i think which was the 1200's overscan mode in hi-res ) to 1650x1050 so i can set it as my desktop image when its finished

Last edited by lmimmfn; 04 May 2007 at 04:33.