English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 22 March 2013, 20:23   #1
majorbamboo

WinUAE not adding folders as Hard Drives

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with WinUAE...I've been using it for a long time, and I've never encountered this.

The thing is, I just can't add a Windows folder as a Hard Drive. I've done this a million times before, and icons for the folder always showed up in Workbench, but now...absolutley nothing.

I recently re-installed Windows, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Help appreciated.

Old 22 March 2013, 20:57   #2
thomas

If the folders you want to mount are left from your previous Windows installation, then access rights are probably so that WinUAE is not allowed to access them. Try to run WinUAE as administrator. If the folders appear then, right-click the folder in Windows Explorer, select properties, security. Change ownership to public or to your new Windows user (the one you run WinUAE with) or grant full access to everybody.
Old 22 March 2013, 21:26   #3
majorbamboo

Well the situation is this...

I have a CF Hard Drive wich I ocassionally hook up to the PC to add some new software (my Amiga is not on the Internet).

I insert the CF card, fire up WinUAE (as administrator) and boot the OS. It loads perfectly.

BUT, when I try to add a new hard drive via F12 function key...it just dosen't show up.

I tried the same with ordinary workbench and random hard drive folders, the result is the same.

And when I tried to load CF card WITH the wanted folders...all I got was a CLI window :l

So strange.

Old 22 March 2013, 21:30   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Check logs. (winuaelog.txt)