English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 04 November 2004, 19:23   #1
cebulba

Exclamation Ebay - 200 games sale -50% Amiga originals!)

hello folks.

As always...every 6 weeks... I have listed about 200 games from my collection on Ebay.de
check:
CEBULBA Ebay auctions

These include some rare AMIGA stuff...classics...and about 30 APPLE II games from my collection (no need for them anymore).

I'm always interested in ANY AMIGA game anybody can offer...for my collection of course (besides I already have lots )...

Cu,
Olli Knagge
"cebulba"@thelegacy.de

Join my personal webring: The Webring of Zilfin
Old 05 November 2004, 09:59   #2
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebulba
hello folks.

As always...every 6 weeks... I have listed about 200 games from my collection on Ebay.de
check:
CEBULBA Ebay auctions

These include some rare AMIGA stuff...classics...and about 30 APPLE II games from my collection (no need for them anymore).

I'm always interested in ANY AMIGA game anybody can offer...for my collection of course (besides I already have lots )...

Cu,
Olli Knagge
"cebulba"@thelegacy.de

Join my personal webring: The Webring of Zilfin
If there anything CAPS is after, wanna give them first choice ?
Old 05 November 2004, 10:27   #3
fiath

Well, I made a list. But well... they are very expensive...
Old 05 November 2004, 12:57   #4
cebulba

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiath
Well, I made a list. But well... they are very expensive...

I have received the DUMPING tool by Christian yesterday. Let's see if I get this to work :-)

@fiath:
Send me the list of the current auctions you need dumps of...
Old 05 November 2004, 13:21   #5
fiath

Oh, wow. You absolute star! Thanks very much. I'll send you the list asap.
Old 05 November 2004, 20:56   #6
mark_k

Quote:
hello folks.

check:
CEBULBA Ebay auctions

I wish you the best of luck in selling them, but you may be wasting the eBay listing fees for some of the games, as the starting bids are so high. Would anyone really pay 120 Euros for Palace Barbarian 1, for example? Especially if "untested and sold as is".

(If anyone would, I'll gladly sell *both* my original retail Palace Barbarian 1 and Barbarian 2 for 100 Euros. Both fully tested, guaranteed working and unmodified since new. :)

Note also that according to eBay rules, you're not allowed to add a surcharge for accepting PayPal payments. Any auctions like that are liable to be ended by eBay.

-- M
Old 06 November 2004, 17:48   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
btw isn't it allowed to link to HOL using the banner?!

The banner is static; you cannot click on it.
Old 09 November 2004, 11:02   #8
cebulba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
btw isn't it allowed to link to HOL using the banner?!

The banner is static; you cannot click on it.

Due to Ebay politics it's not allowed ANY more to link to any site nor using Javascript. Auctions will be automatically canceled (as they did last time).

It seems this only belongs to Ebay Germany.

They received massive problems while some auctions referring to Po*r*n sites and other Fake Ebay sites to spy your user accounts.

So I can only name HOL - but not link any more.
Old 09 November 2004, 11:18   #9
cebulba

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k
I wish you the best of luck in selling them, but you may be wasting the eBay listing fees for some of the games, as the starting bids are so high. Would anyone really pay 120 Euros for Palace Barbarian 1, for example? Especially if "untested and sold as is".

(If anyone would, I'll gladly sell *both* my original retail Palace Barbarian 1 and Barbarian 2 for 100 Euros. Both fully tested, guaranteed working and unmodified since new.

Note also that according to eBay rules, you're not allowed to add a surcharge for accepting PayPal payments. Any auctions like that are liable to be ended by eBay.

-- M
For info (besides I find your post somehow offensive):

1) You are not allowed to charge Seller additional fees to cover your Ebay fees. Right. We discussed this before in a similar thread (think of a HANDLING fee most Ebay members use now).
I charge an amount for using paypal as I have to pay paypal fees for every transaction. Every buyer can avoid these fees by not paying through paypal. For example international money wire bank transfer are now FREE of charge within Europe.
I cover Ebay fees - I don't want to cover Paypal fees in addition. most notably since Paypal has become an Ebay company and it seems to me that Ebay and Microspft want to rule the world

2) I sell games from my personal collection. I sell games not for the gamer but for collector's purposes. I know people paying more than 120 EURO for some games. Remember KIZUNA ENCOUNTER NES version or the Ultima MountDrash which recently appeared on Ebay.ca fpr 2650 starting price.
Besides last one did sell for 150 EUROS at a friendly german site dealing with famous game magazines. If you don't want to pay this amount - no worry.

Barbarian in retail box with Poster is one of the hardest to find games especially in Germany since this was banned from market due to it's gore (like many other games most popular MOONSTONE and WINGS OF FURY).

Meanwhile I have no need to sell this for less - most users ask me for that game. I received dozen of e-mails every week from collector buddies or AMIGA enthusiasts on requesting some games and if I have them for sale/trade - originally boxed and in very good condition of course. Also I took me about 2 years to get this copy and - believe me - I'm watching Ebay worldwide every day ( I spent about the same sum).

I cannot understand how some people buy oldtimer cars for thousands of dollars (although I have a Mercedes Oldtimer myself), or Rembrandts for millions - for just to look at, or hundreds of dollars for your model railway...or warhammer toys...for a signed vinyl....to be continued...

This is collecting and in one way I'm among those "guys" ( I spent 1000 Dollars for getting the whole toy collection of SABER RIDER toys and they are worth that price). Don't call anybody nor me a fool while spending money on one's hobby...

3) To my mind it's quite not "polite" to undercut posted Sales with counteroffers...

@Fiath:
will try to install my "Dumping Station" this week...
Old 11 November 2004, 22:47   #10
mark_k

Quote:
1) You are not allowed to charge Seller additional fees to cover your Ebay fees. Right. We discussed this before in a similar thread (think of a HANDLING fee most Ebay members use now).
I charge an amount for using paypal as I have to pay paypal fees for every transaction. Every buyer can avoid these fees by not paying through paypal. For example international money wire bank transfer are now FREE of charge within Europe.
I cover Ebay fees - I don't want to cover Paypal fees in addition. most notably since Paypal has become an Ebay company and it seems to me that Ebay and Microspft want to rule the world
I know sellers aren't allowed to pass eBay fees onto buyers.

However, according to both eBay and PayPal user agreements/rules, you are not allowed to levy a surcharge to cover PayPal fees either. I mentioned that since your auctions might be ended by eBay if you levy a surcharge. Read section V of the German PayPal User Agreement at https://www.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/we...yments-outside

Also note that as a seller, you are not covered by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy if you levy a surcharge on buyers. Now that may well suck, but that's the way it is.

To reduce the PayPal fees you pay without being in violation of eBay/PayPal rules, you could (for example): not charge extra for PayPal payments, but say that PayPal payments are only accepted from users outside Germany. Users in Germany can easily pay by bank transfer. That way non-Germans won't be deterred from bidding, and their bids may push up the final prices, even if they are outbid by a German user.

Quote:
2) I sell games from my personal collection. I sell games not for the gamer but for collector's purposes. I know people paying more than 120 EURO for some games. Remember KIZUNA ENCOUNTER NES version or the Ultima MountDrash which recently appeared on Ebay.ca fpr 2650 starting price. Besides last one did sell for 150 EUROS at a friendly german site dealing with famous game magazines. If you don't want to pay this amount - no worry.

Barbarian in retail box with Poster is one of the hardest to find games especially in Germany since this was banned from market due to it's gore (like many other games most popular MOONSTONE and WINGS OF FURY).
I don't doubt that some games sell for large amounts, I just don't think Barbarian is one of them. But I'll happily eat my hat (and list my copy of the game on the German eBay site!) if yours does sell.

Quote:
3) To my mind it's quite not "polite" to undercut posted Sales with counteroffers...
I don't expect anyone to take me up on my "offer", which was only made jokingly anyway.

-- M