English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 June 2011, 17:28   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
EDIT: Right, the first bug seems to have gone?? All I did was change to full-windowed mode and back again and the problem hasn't come back. What the hell?
Probably related to old unexplained d3d blank screen issue, switching modes usually fixes it.. ("Effect" in your screen shot happens because 3d objects are usually made from triangles and for some reason second triangle is missing)
Old 21 June 2011, 18:03   #22
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Hur, triangles that just disappear under random circumstances?

Its always something silly you don't think of, so could it in any way be related to the vertex winding order perhaps? I know I've made a triangle or two disappear that way when I was playing around with 3D stuff...
Old 21 June 2011, 19:03   #23
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

It changed when I resized the window which makes me wonder if its related to the depth buffer when you first setup the 3D viewport. I have had issues with polygons vanishing due to z buffer.
Old 21 June 2011, 19:34   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Hur, triangles that just disappear under random circumstances?

Its always something silly you don't think of, so could it in any way be related to the vertex winding order perhaps? I know I've made a triangle or two disappear that way when I was playing around with 3D stuff...
"Unfortunately" nearly everything is static, including vertex buffer and there is only one "3d plane", this can't explain why it happens randomly, unless there is some hidden corruption..

Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip change anything in D3D problem?
Old 22 June 2011, 21:21   #25
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip change anything in D3D problem?
I have only been testing it a little but so far its looking good. There are no display problems to report and it seems to be working ok.

EDIT: Forgot to test DirectDraw mode! Display now looks better in WB although the mouse pointer is still missing.
Old 23 June 2011, 13:19   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I have only been testing it a little but so far its looking good. There are no display problems to report and it seems to be working ok.
I need a huge brown paper bag now.

Vertex buffer's Z-coordinates were left uninitialized (should have been zeroed).

Apparently allocated vertex buffer contains usually zeros but not always (I'd have expected D3D debug mode to fill it with random values to prevent these kinds of hidden uninitialized variable bugs)

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot to test DirectDraw mode! Display now looks better in WB although the mouse pointer is still missing.
DD mode does not support RTG hardware mouse cursor = mouse disappears if you switch on the fly from D3D to DD.
Old 24 June 2011, 09:44   #27
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
I need a huge brown paper bag now.
I wouldn't punch yourself. In my opinion forgetting to clear a buffer is an easier to make and harder to debug 'mistake' than bad pointer handling; its a piece of legacy that programmers using native languages will always have to carry around as a burden.

It may seem silly, but this is a true bastard. No brown paper bag for you mister
Old 28 June 2011, 09:10   #28
oRBIT
Zone Friend

The latest WinUAE beta 2.3.3 beta 1 seems to run in 60fps no matter how I change my settings (changing different vsync methods or selecting "PAL").
Old 28 June 2011, 09:46   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRBIT View Post
The latest WinUAE beta 2.3.3 beta 1 seems to run in 60fps no matter how I change my settings (changing different vsync methods or selecting "PAL").
No, it does not.
Old 28 June 2011, 10:02   #30
oRBIT
Zone Friend

Quote:
No, it does not.
My RTG WB seems to run in 60fps and when I try a demo it runs at 60fps aswell (too fast). When downgrading to the latest stable version (2.3.2) the demo runs in 50fps as it should. Perhaps there's a setting in the latest beta I've missed?
Old 28 June 2011, 10:05   #31
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It was a hint that "it does not work" is not a bug report and you missed to include something important

(logs and config file)
Old 28 June 2011, 10:29   #32
freddy

I can not tick the box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winuae.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	28961  
Old 28 June 2011, 12:34   #33
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
I can not tick the box
Confirmed, it is totally broken if there is no custom vsync config entries added (and partially broken if there is custom entries..)
Old 30 June 2011, 00:36   #34
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Confirmed, it is totally broken if there is no custom vsync config entries added (and partially broken if there is custom entries..)
Just to add to this. It would be nice if custom refresh rates entered in the config file could be edited, applied and saved through the GUI as well when the 'lock' button is ticked. Not necessary, but would help in the "user friendliness" department (I found myself a few times trying to edit, apply and save the custom value, only to find out that doesn't work).

I further noticed that when a custom refresh entry in combination with vsync(new) is used, it doesn't seem to bring the start of display in line with the vertical blank (which the automated does). This means that the user can end up with a horizontal steady tear in (for example) the middle of the screen, when he's using a custom refresh in combination with vsync(new), even if the custom refresh is close to the real refresh (for example when 'locking' an automated refresh value).
Old 03 July 2011, 17:19   #35
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

There is any 64bit version of WinUAE 2.3.3 beta?
Old 04 July 2011, 20:25   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazinKaesar View Post
There is any 64bit version of WinUAE 2.3.3 beta?
Why? It is still totally useless. (Unless you really need ~1.5G of Z3 RAM..)
Old 05 July 2011, 20:58   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Beta 2:

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2330b2.zip

- experimental joystick raw input support, enable using -rawhid command line parameter.
- D3D blank screen problem should be really fixed now
- empty winuae.ini now does exact same as -portable command line parameter
- harddrive paths relative to win32.hardfile_path didn't work
- config file full paths are converted to relative if path matches win32.xxx_path entries
- ignore new displaydata vsync stuff if RTG mode is currently in use
- Display panel new vsync refresh rate GUI really works now
- uaescsi.device cd image on the fly switching was unreliable
- uaescsi.device crash when switching images (I could only duplicate it with AROS CDFS)
- AROS ROM updated
Old 06 July 2011, 00:44   #38
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Beta 2:
- ignore new displaydata vsync stuff if RTG mode is currently in use
Unfortunately this seems to break the displaydata config/"trick"(?) that made it possible in Beta1 to automatically switch between monitors depending on whether native mode (monitor 2 / CRT) or RTG Workbench (monitor 1 / LED 1920x1080) is activated.

Quote:
displaydata=49.917971,t=LOF,pal,nlace,lof,gfx_width_fullscreen=742,gfx_height_fullscreen=287,gfx_display=2 <-- When native mode is opened switch to monitor 2
displaydata_pal=50.000000,pal,gfx_width_fullscreen=1920,gfx_height_fullscreen=1080,gfx_display=1 <-- When RTG screen is opened switch to monitor 1
displaydata_ntsc=60.000000,ntsc,gfx_width_fullscreen=1920,gfx_height_fullscreen=1080,gfx_display=1 <-- When RTG screen is opened switch to monitor 1
Maybe you're thinking of a different implementation for the switching between RTG and native modes for dual monitor setups, but if not then I hope you'll re-enable this above (great!) feature from Beta1.

As a suggestion, possibly you could add a "displaydata_pal_RTG" and a "displaydata_ntsc_RTG", for when matched only a selected set of gfx configs can be used as parameters?

EDIT: apart from the above, the beta seems to work well. I like the option to enable RawInput
Old 06 July 2011, 01:58   #39
rare_j
Zone Friend

The new v-sync method seems to be working for me, if I select no v-sync I see lots of screen tearing, but if I select v-sync (new) I see no screen tearing.
I used 'no buffering' and A500 quickstart.
Graphics chip is "Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family" which claims to be running in 50hz mode.
I thought it might be interesting to see results for such an old chipset.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (11.1 KB, 432 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (29.9 KB, 500 views)
Old 06 July 2011, 10:11   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Venom View Post
Unfortunately this seems to break the displaydata config/"trick"(?) that made it possible in Beta1 to automatically switch between monitors depending on whether native mode (monitor 2 / CRT) or RTG Workbench (monitor 1 / LED 1920x1080) is activated.
Problem is that switching code does not know if switch is from chipset to RTG or from RTG to chipset (or if it is chipset to chipset = PAL/NTSC mode changed)

This needs some re-design.. (This was also in private version)

EDIT: In other words, it only worked accidentally.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 06 July 2011 at 17:57.